NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Emasher

Summer Goals

i know most of you are working but what are you doing in your off time

i'm going to be trying to finish up some games that i abandoned near the end and also getting more farmiliar with the applications in CS3 design premium

I plan to make a bit of a start of the book im trying to write, its not very good, so far ive done a couple of side chapters, dealing with events that set the main story going.

outher then that waste of time, im trying to find a job, get some research done so I have a good start for my 10,000 word research project next year at uni, i've got a couple of books to read, and I need to find a good katana in the region of £150 to buy myself for my 21st before next year incase the proposed ban comes in, making sword collecting very dificult and expensive.

I'm also trying to get a better relationship with my family (hence the job) and of course, get into shape.

nice easy summer then.

- Other then being very bored, i've started Twilight princess again (Just finished Temple of time) which i hope to finish.

- God i have nothing else to do.

-Learn hiragana

-Learn katakana (maybe)

-Improve the little guitar skills I have

-(Re)play some games

-Maybe get a job

-Watch some anime, both for educational (pick up some Japanese words here and there) and entertainment purposes

-Learn to drive properly

-Start drawing again (maybe buy a tablet to help this)

-Start an over ambitious Art project that I will never finish

-Organize a trip to Thorpe Park with my remaining friends that haven't already been while I was on holiday

-Beat Crackdown, Gears on Hardcore (lol) and Dead Rising and make some progress on Oblivion

-Try to arrange some sport with friends (most are kinda unsporty/nerds)

-Make a token effort to get a job (half done unsucessfully)

-Watch all the films on my DVR

-finish Season 2 of Prison Break and maybe Death Note or Arrested Development

Good thread...

I remember chatting to one of my friends at college about the summer and this is what my aims for the summer were:

-Get a job

-Learn to drive

-Have fun

Finding a job was definitely the most hardest thing to do but I was lucky and have got a job in a hotel, £6 per hour aint bad for a student.

Learning to drive.....meh, not too sure. Got my provisional, just need to sort out lessons etc. Might concentrate on my new job than booking expensive driving lessons.....for now.

So overall, things are goin well. My new job is fuckin hard, but I'm just thinking of the money at the end of the day which will make it all worthwhile.

Continue learning to drive.

Eventually take my tests.

Gets me a car.

Go to the gym.

Listen to the Japanese tapes I've had for months.

Watch a hell of a lot of anime, and download even more.

Continuing from that I'll no doubt have to purchase another external HDD.

Get a job.

Play games. Go back to Wind Waker maybe, start Battalion Wars and get into it, play F-Zero, get Tale of Symphonia, get Ouendan, get Pokemon, get Elite Beat Agents from America and EU if the songs are different.

Too much.

Im actually thinking about getting WoW.

And probably work a lot.

Working. Has been so far, and will be until August 4th when I finish work until at least January :D

In August I plan to go back to London and Sheffield. Is that a goal?

Oh and I want to tell a customer to fuck off on my last day. No doubt someone will annoy me, tends to happen. Can finally tell them to fuck off without fear of reprecussion.

well i spent the first week of my holiday looking for a job, which i now have, albeit £4.50 an hour in a chemists. its 9 to 5 monday to friday then saturdays i play cricket so ill have no time to go anywhere or see anyone or spend my money other than saturday night! I cant even watch anything or download anything as the only computer on the net at my mums is my step dads laptop and you have to roll out a cable to the phone point to go on the net. I hate old houses with only one phone point in them!

I have a mini mountain of great books to read, Japanese stuff to learn incl next years kanji assuming my results on friday are good, i want to get better at using Aperture and Quicksilver, complete FF XII, Resi 4, Zelda: TP, Okami and Pokemon Pearl nad have fun.

Get my act together to get ready to go to school again.

Start sleeping and waking up at decent hours.

Learn how to play the guitar.

Maybe start learning japanese.

Start drawing again.

Getting my drivers license.

Kill the driving instructor.

Play videogames.

Play videogames.

Play videogames.

Play videogames.

I *should* have been working this summer. I had two jobs that were supposed to be certain for me, but I guess it just doesn't work out like that sometimes. So now I'm mostly just hanging out...

If I have any goals for the summer, they'd be getting ready to start a new year in a new educational faculty, getting books and whatnot, finetuning my schedules... And, of course, random gaming, but that's hardly a goal.

Go out with friends as much as possible spending the least amount of money possible in the process.

I want to get another job too, I'm only doing 12 hours a week at the moment and not really doing much else. I've been looking into swimming teaching, but the course to get the qualification costs £210. I might be able to get a grant to help pay for that though.

Develop a few sites for a few Nintendo related domain names that I have.

Console myself that its only another year of living in this shit hole.

Edit: That came out far more emo then I intended.

Go out with friends as much as possible spending the least amount of money possible in the process.

I need help with this one, its not easy.

So far, go to Thorpe Park, fuck, there goes £35

Ah well, at least the cinema is cheaper, bums £5 for two hours amusement.

Football in the park, bah its always been raining.

Playing videogames in the house with buddies seems the cheapest, but you can't do that every day.

What do people on here do with friends?

My goals are to:

-Keep my job until I go back to college, easier said than done because I'm really not patient enough to work in retail.

-Celebrate my birthday in style.

-Sorting out my grant for college.

-Make some sort of an effort towards learning how to drive.

What do people on here do with friends?

Pubs, clubs, empties (house parties when the parents are away), 'walking' the streets of our villages, playing football at the park, going into town, other sports etc etc.

Become a single digit kyu go player, learn a load of kanji, maybe take up driving again, play lots of games/visual novels.

Sign in to follow this