N-Europe

Terrorist Threat Defused in London

Blackfox

2 years ago, on July 7, the horrendous bombings happened. it was also the day of my School "Exhibiton" (Farewell for the summer thing).

Then this happened this year, on my Exhibition, AGAIN!

Dun-Dun-DUUUN.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i want to start a terrorist group and terrorise the terrorists. Find out who they are and car bomb the fuck out of them.

Then your no differnt to them if you can go with that mentality.....oh well

erm excuse me, I study Islam...and no where does it say that.

Well, this gets to the heart of the problem, in that submitting oneself, fanatically in some cases, to wish-thinking and deity-worship, one can commit the most terrible acts in the name of that God, or that book. This is what happens when you let a book, your or your Masters' interpretation of a book, no less, live your life. Hence Hamas, hence Iran, hence al-Qaeda, hence jihadism and so on.

I'm just pleased they foiled the attack, and in a selfish way, glad it was this thursday and not next thursday when I'm in London. Because if an attack happened while I was in London it would shit me up for life, if I wasn't direct involved that is.

Can't believe people have resorted to blaming Islam and Muslims already.

That is so fucking bigotted of you.

It could be some toff nosed English mentaller for a we know at the moment.

Grow up the lot of you and stop being such xenophobic gobshites.

Can't believe people have resorted to blaming Islam and Muslims already.

That is so fucking bigotted of you.

It could be some toff nosed English mentaller for a we know at the moment.

Grow up the lot of you and stop being such xenophobic gobshites.

And let you grow up too!

Simple empiricism tells us that this is more likely the work of either al-Qaeda jihadists or their sympathizers than it is the work of the IRA or the ALF or the 'toff nosed English mentaller' (especially considering the 'international element' to the bomb equipment quoted by the BBC). It is reasonable to suggest that, is it not?

And there you have it: http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/story/0,,2114743,00.html

We cannot be afraid to condemn jihad or Islamo-fascism for fear of upsetting Muslims, in the same way we must not be afraid of giving one of our best authors a knighthood for fear of upsetting Pakistan.

And let you grow up too!

Simple empiricism tells us that this is more likely the work of either al-Qaeda jihadists or their sympathizers than it is the work of the IRA or the ALF or the 'toff nosed English mentaller' (especially considering the 'international element' to the bomb equipment quoted by the BBC). It is reasonable to suggest that, is it not?

International element to the bomb equipment??

Nails, Gas canisters, Petrol and a mobile phone??

Oh please dont make me laugh...

Edit: Islam and Muslim have become bywords for terrorism and terrorist. That's all due to the paranoia reulting from Bush and Blair's invasion of Iraq.

It's wrong to assume straight off that Islamic terrorists are responsible even if they are found to be after the investigation, but blaming an incident on them as soon as it happens is bigotted and wrong.

Ooooh Car bomb = Islamic militants from Iraq!!!

I suppose a pipe bomb would equate to Irish republicans??

I don't see how that is laughable.

'The device was described by counter-terrorism sources as similar to car bombs used in Iraq.' (Guardian)

Similar does not mean the same as or caused by Muslims

Nails and petrol are just as widely available in London as in Baghdad.

What a stupid argument.

Well, it is. It is evidence. It suggests to us that the bomb makers were either inspired by that sort of improvised device, or were instructed to build that sort of improvised device. Of course, it may prove to be coincidental. But it is evidence, and evidence is at the heart of reason.

It is simple empiricism, given the diminishing IRA threat, to submit that it is more likely that a terrorist threat in London would be an Islamic one. Of course we do not know, but we can suppose based on empirical evidence.

To suggest otherwise is wet.

Similar does not mean the same as or caused by Muslims

Nails and petrol are just as widely available in London as in Baghdad.

What a stupid argument.

You are preaching to the wrong person, my man. I am referring to Islamic terrorists, or jihadists. Not Muslims, although, obviously, Islamic terrorists are Muslims by definition.

i want to start a terrorist group and terrorise the terrorists. Find out who they are and car bomb the fuck out of them.

I believe that was pretty much the ideology of outlawed loyalist paramilitary groups like the UDF and the Red Hand Defenders, and indeed the 'justification' of at least some of the factions blowing shizzle up outside rival factions mosques over in eye-rack. Indeed the US are supplying some militant groups in Iraq with funds and weapons in the hope that they're the 'good' terrorists. Can't see that backfring at all.