N-Europe

Monkey Island

willowtheory

I doubt we'll ever see another Monkey Island. LucasArts are holding the rights to that and I don't see them giving them away.

We will see plenty of Point and click adventures though I do hope. That's a genre which needs to come back from the dead!

Zack and Wiki is a great start, here's hoping it sells well.

I doubt we'll ever see another Monkey Island. LucasArts are holding the rights to that and I don't see them giving them away.

Who said they had to give the rights away? They could make some Wii-compatable versions on the Wii Software Shop thing, or put all 4 one one Wii Disk.

Or go as far as making a new one.

Who said they had to give the rights away? They could make some Wii-compatable versions on the Wii Software Shop thing, or put all 4 one one Wii Disk.

Or go as far as making a new one.

It's complicated, I can't really explain it in a small post.

Simple answer - The person who has rights doesn't want to give them up.

should be on ds really:awesome:

yeah a ds version would be good, i do love the idea of all 4 of them on the wii though! I used to love all the old point and click games, day of the tentacle was another fave of mine, did lucas arts make that as well?

agree with people saying this would be better for DS. Maybe bring out some sort of SCUMM collection, give us all those kinda games, Simon the Sorceror, Indy Jones, Flight of the Amazon Queen theres a ton...

Simon the Sorcerer for the win! The old Discworld game was awesome aswell, I loved all the old point and click games and they don't get much better than Monkey Island, I would love to see them on the DS.

Are you talking about the creator? The 3rd and 4th were made without him, and he wants to make a 5th.

Someone else bought the rights. i get confused with this and Sam and Max.

It was about a year ago I remember hearing some report on what happend to the game. It was in some situation that pretty much said they will make another Monkey Island game in like 15 years.

My memory is gone on this so I'll try and post once I remember :S.

Guest Jordan

Wow, you people know of Monkey Island? I thought I was the only one.

I don't care what platform this turns up on, i'll buy it.

Hehe... this thread inspired me to start playing them again. Haven't completed any of the LA point and clicks as of yet but thats mostly due to time. I'm stuck atm tho! Damn pot o grog keeps melting too fast! Too fast I say!

Day of the Tentacle was one of my first PC games, it cost me £42 and was worth every penny. And people say games are expensive now-a-days.

There's been rumours of a new monkey island game, but they are very very very pinch of salt rumours.

I found out an interesting fact the other day, the guy who wrote the monkey island script for the film that got canned eventually ended up working on Pirates of the Caribean. The Zombie Pirate Barbosa :yay:

Hmm I may have to go through the monkey island games again.