NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
The Lillster

This is England!

I saw this film last night, around my mates house.

It's one of the best films i've ever seen, it's absolutely awesome.

I would write a description of what the film is about, but i'm on the Wii and typing it out would take too long.

If someone could write a description, that would be great.

Anyway, awesome film.

I thought it felt like a terribly english "american history X"

so in effect, yes, a class film.

I though that was some kind of play with 300 and that whole THIS IS SPAAAARTAA, thing.

Yeah I have also seen this film. It's brilliant. That little kid is amazing in it. I felt the film could have gone on a bit longer and told more of a story but all in all it was awesome.

"Look, It's Keith Chegwins Son"

Saw it a few months ago, and yes it is excellent and also well researched imho. In fact, Im sure I put a quick review in the movies thread.

I think it's awesome, however the little kid's scenes with the 80's Punk Girl was abit wrong...

ENGLAND?

THIS

IS

SPARTAA!

yay for overused memes

None more overused than in my profile!!

YAY!

:)

PS seriously Sparta RULEZ!1!!!1ONE!!!11!

And there I was, thinking this was a topic about me...

Seen it? No.

Heard of it? Yes.

I think it's awesome, however the little kid's scenes with the 80's Punk Girl was abit wrong...

Haha yeah but damn what a Legend.

I saw that scene on day time TV the other week, it scared the shit out of me. I wondered channel was on.

I haven't seen the film yet, but I hear it's set in Grimsby, or the boy's from Grimsby? What a place.

And what's wrong with Grimsby? That's where I grew up, I know the kid, never acted before. Bit crazy realy! The film showed at a shitty cinema here ages ago, with a Q&A and stuff, its where I premiere all my films.

I know the kid, never acted before. Bit crazy realy!

I'm sure I have seen him in some adverts a few years prior to the release of the film, just cant remember which ones.

Not seen this yet, but Shane Meadows other films have been fantastic so this should be no different.

I'm sure I have seen him in some adverts a few years prior to the release of the film, just cant remember which ones.

It's true, he has never acted prior to this film.

The proof is a youtube video...

And what's wrong with Grimsby? That's where I grew up, I know the kid, never acted before. Bit crazy realy! The film showed at a shitty cinema here ages ago, with a Q&A and stuff, its where I premiere all my films.
What's wrong with Grimsby? Where to start? One word. Nunsthorpe. See, now your argument falters.

(for those who will have no idea what I'm talking about, Nunsthorpe is the only estate I've been to where 100% of the visits involved seeing a car upside down on fire, my friend getting attacked by a seven year old with a screwdriver and a gang of chav girls so hard that my friend who lives there told us to hide when they walked past.)

It is a fantastic film with a marvelous cast. Buy two tickets and watch it twice.

Shane Meadows is a master raconteur, and anyone who enjoyed This is England, to whatever degree, or even if they didn't for that matter, should seek out Dead Man's Shoes and A Room for Romeo Brass and watch them more than once.

(for those who will have no idea what I'm talking about, Nunsthorpe is the only estate I've been to where 100% of the visits involved seeing a car upside down on fire, my friend getting attacked by a seven year old with a screwdriver and a gang of chav girls so hard that my friend who lives there told us to hide when they walked past.)

Thats Sunshine, Lollipops and rainbows conpared to go what goes on around these ways.

Yay, Ant has a sig that doesn't make me want to hit him now.

Sign in to follow this