N-Europe

Vista Thread

Guest Jordan

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate all the trash being said about Vista' date=' it's just not true.

They treat vista like the video games industry treats Sony, they watch there every move.

Lame.[/quote']

its because it's the market leader. if nintendo or apple were the market leader they'd be used just as much for target practice. thats just life. and to be fair, they both deserve a bit of trash talking.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=39087

I wouldn't call it win me II though...

Funnily though the one reason I would get vista is also one of the reasons why I won't be getting it anytime soon (if ever).

Me II?! FFS people don't know what they're talking about should just shut up. The reason why there's less driver support its because the OS is actually different this time, and people complaining is because they're to lazy to learn how to use a slightly different OS.

I certainly wouldn't call 20+ million a failure. Not that I care, I just think everything has a middle ground.

Me II?! FFS people don't know what they're talking about should just shut up. The reason why there's less driver support its because the OS is actually different this time, and people complaining is because they're to lazy to learn how to use a slightly different OS.

I certainly wouldn't call 20+ million a failure.

but it has sold less than XP did when it launched i think, so can be seen as being a failure as such =S might be wrong . . . the SDF and M$DF both scare me . . .

Guest Jordan

To be honest, XP was a very hard act to follow. XP SP2 was a really good OS, Vista just whoops it in every department.

It's more simple' date=' better layed out.

And it looks, lushhhh.[/quote']

both of them are down to personal preference though . . . it does make finding files easier though.

To be hoenst i dont care if it made £100' date=' it's Microsoft so money doesnt really matter.[/quote']

it does because doesn't most of their money come from their software stuff aka vista et al?

Yes' date=' but they are the richest company on the plant, they can afford ALOT of mistakes.

You do realise they make someting like 4 million every second yeah?[/quote']

yeah lol its obscene! but Vista does seem to be a half harted attempt at a full XP upgrade. maybe its UI reaching a plateau or something, or maybes its M$ shifting to a OS X like upgrade cycle?

yeah lol its obscene! but Vista does seem to be a half harted attempt at a full XP upgrade. maybe its UI reaching a plateau or something, or maybes its M$ shifting to a OS X like upgrade cycle?

And what makes you say that?

I feel as if I'm shooting myself in the foot and I need a Virus Control thing installed...

But considering I use limewire and Spy Doctor is getting rid of Any Spyware, I come in contact with, I think Vista is alot more safer than XP...

I love this fecking system....

Are drivers even that much of a problem now? I've never really had much of a problem since the actual release.

The only driver I couldn't get (Nintendo WiFi USB Connector), I ran the XP installer in "XP Compatabilty" mode. Worked fine.

I thought my crappy (cheap, no more support from the company that makes it, discontinued) USB TV Card would never have a driver. Plugged it in....it found a driver. And it had a much better picture quality than on XP.

Going from win98 to XP actually made sense. XP was more stable, secure and it was easier to install devices to a pc that ran xp. But if you wanted the few percent performance increase on new games (back then) by using win98 you could use it because it had dx9.0c

And the fact is, your 8800 cards would run present games better on xp ;)

If vista would have been only an update to the visual appearance and security, I would probably be more willing to get it. Even though I don't think it looks as nice as beryl (which doesn't need 128Mb dx9 GPU btw...) I could have been persuaded to upgrade to newer OS.

Two reasons for me not getting it: dx10 and performance. Dx10 because there's no way I'm buying a new graphics card in the next three years. And the general performance just isn't as good as it is on XP. This will probably change for the better in the future, but when?

And if you want to be safe when browsing the web, use ie3 with win95 nobody cares really about that system so new spyware and viruses won't work on it :heh:

And I'm not really worried about spyware or viruses on XP. Never had a problem with those.

Are drivers even that much of a problem now? I've never really had much of a problem since the actual release.

The only driver I couldn't get (Nintendo WiFi USB Connector), I ran the XP installer in "XP Compatabilty" mode. Worked fine.

I thought my crappy (cheap, no more support from the company that makes it, discontinued) USB TV Card would never have a driver. Plugged it in....it found a driver. And it had a much better picture quality than on XP.

You can get drivers for most things fine but there buggy etc.

The only faults with vista so far are the constant security updates that you can expect with almost any operating system and the fact that even on high spec computers it can be quite clunky. Even though I hate XP I won' be getting vista for another year or 2, it has some good ideas on it and looks good but I want a high spec computer and to have waited until the kinks are worked out.

The only faults with vista so far are the constant security updates that you can expect with almost any operating system and the fact that even on high spec computers it can be quite clunky. Even though I hate XP I won' be getting vista for another year or 2, it has some good ideas on it and looks good but I want a high spec computer and to have waited until the kinks are worked out.

I've been using vista for quite awhile now, and ive had none of the above.

I've not had a security update for quite awhile (its set to auto update and i manualy check the installed updates and scan for newer ones a few times a week).

I have a high spec machine and nothing on or about it is clunky, i find it very smooth.

Admittedly i had one or two problems with a few drivers when i first got it, but they all got sorted out within one or two weeks, and everything is fine now.

I love how many Vista 'experts' in this thread don't actually use the OS.

Correct me if im wrong but everyone in this thread that has upgraded is happy, doesnt that tell you something about how good Vista is? There are so many BS rumours going around that are picked up as fact by the clueless

I love how many Vista 'experts' in this thread don't actually use the OS.

Correct me if im wrong but everyone in this thread that has upgraded is happy, doesnt that tell you something about how good Vista is? There are so many BS rumours going around that are picked up as fact by the clueless

Well Said...

I've had it for 3-2 weeks now, and have encountered only perhaps slight annoyances, which have been fixed no problem...