N-Europe

I'm getting an iPhone with Vodafone in the new year, and have a question about internet usage (apologies if it sounds daft, but I've never really used my phone for internet before!). So the pricing plan says 1GB of mobile internet and unlimited Wifi. Am I right in thinking that if I use it to go online at home, and I connect to my BT Home Hub (as I've been doing for the past year with my iPod Touch) I can use as much as I like, but as soon as I use it for the internet away from a Wifi signal, it starts counting towards my 1GB allowance?

I'm getting an iPhone with Vodafone in the new year, and have a question about internet usage (apologies if it sounds daft, but I've never really used my phone for internet before!). So the pricing plan says 1GB of mobile internet and unlimited Wifi. Am I right in thinking that if I use it to go online at home, and I connect to my BT Home Hub (as I've been doing for the past year with my iPod Touch) I can use as much as I like, but as soon as I use it for the internet away from a Wifi signal, it starts counting towards my 1GB allowance?

In a word YES.

hmmmm t-mobile have thrown a curveball at me...they've assured me that my network coverage will improve and offered me a htc hd2 which look awesome! thing is not sure if offers the same app type stuff as the iphone and a lot of my music is all attached to my itunes account having bought it from there...so hmmm what would people do in my position?

hmmmm t-mobile have thrown a curveball at me...they've assured me that my network coverage will improve and offered me a htc hd2 which look awesome! thing is not sure if offers the same app type stuff as the iphone and a lot of my music is all attached to my itunes account having bought it from there...so hmmm what would people do in my position?

My friend has this phone and I wouldn't recommend it. In paper its pretty good, but he's a had a lot of problems with it. The software is pretty buggy which isn't surprising because it runs Windows Mobile but he's also had a lot of problems with the touch screen and the camera not having worked from day one.

I'd take their assurances with a pinch of salt. There's no way to hold them to it so it's definitely not a good idea taking out a contract on that basis.

Also, as has already been said the HD2 is a bit naff.

yeah i've been giving it some thought I do really want an iphone at least with it being a market leader you are guranteed constant new apps etc..and support

My 2 cents.

I had the iPhone for over a year and it's a great phone. For me though, I suppose the reason I liked it so much was because it was also an iPod. I never go anywhere with out my iPod and if it wasn't for that being on the iPhone I probably wouldn't have bought one. Obviously that all sounds a but stupid being that the iPhone is heavily marked as being an iPod. I just think that when you strip off the iPod from the phone, it's very limited in what it can do. The camera isn't great, the bluetooth is limited and it can't multi task. In saying that some of the updates Apple have released have done wonders for it and the touchscreen is probably still the best of any phone. I far happier With my Blackberry than I was with the iPhone.

My 2 cents.

I had the iPhone for over a year and it's a great phone. For me though, I suppose the reason I liked it so much was because it was also an iPod. I never go anywhere with out my iPod and if it wasn't for that being on the iPhone I probably wouldn't have bought one. Obviously that all sounds a but stupid being that the iPhone is heavily marked as being an iPod. I just think that when you strip off the iPod from the phone, it's very limited in what it can do. The camera isn't great, the bluetooth is limited and it can't multi task. In saying that some of the updates Apple have released have done wonders for it and the touchscreen is probably still the best of any phone. I far happier With my Blackberry than I was with the iPhone.

so I could easily get an ipod touch then if I wanted to upgrade my ipod and get a better phone perhaps?

As for Blackberrys I could get a Curve 8520, Curve 8900, Bold 9700 all for free I think...My brother has a blackberry and swears by it

so I could easily get an ipod touch then if I wanted to upgrade my ipod and get a better phone perhaps?

As for Blackberrys I could get a Curve 8520, Curve 8900, Bold 9700 all for free I think...My brother has a blackberry and swears by it

That's what I did. I got a Bold 9700 in November, my first Blackberry; and I wouldn't go back. It does everything I need and probably will never use from a phone.

yeah, Blackberry App World (Original). From the quick look i've had there's a quite a lot. The only one I use is the Facebook one.

yeah see i'm likely to use the likes of facebook, twitter, football score updates, maps etc...

whats the web browsing like?

yeah see i'm likely to use the likes of facebook, twitter, football score updates, maps etc...

whats the web browsing like?

All the reviews seem to intensely dislike it but from what I've used of it, it works fine. BB has maps built in and they work quite well.

Edited by Jon

All the reviews seem to intensily dislike it but from what I've used off it, it works fine. BB has maps built in and they work quite well.

hmm worth looking into...cheers. I will have a look into what tmobile say they are meant to be getting back to about my coverage problems as well...also when it comes to renewing my contract on 12th will have to see what offers they can give me...gonna say I'm leaving see just how much stuff they intend to throw my way.