NEurope
Retro_Link

Soul Calibur IV

boxart is truly shite. Oh well, I'll just ignore it once I have a copy.

Yeah, I'm all for the Star Wars characters and everything but sticking them on the front just looks crapolicious, and it may confuse some poor sod into thinking it's Star Wars in the 18th Century.

Yeah, I'm all for the Star Wars characters and everything but sticking them on the front just looks crapolicious, and it may confuse some poor sod into thinking it's Star Wars in the 18th Century.

you know...you may have just stumbled across the next great idea in cinema.

FYI: Soul Calibur is set in the 1600's... so its the 17th century ;)

I took a wild stab without googling it first, pretty close though.

well I was thinking of cancelling of preorder as I maybe wasn't going to get this at launch. But I've changed my mind now it comes with a tin at game;

sc4_sleeve_veda.gif

new scan image

6kF95102.jpg

Woah! Is that Anakin Skywalker on the far right wit the light sabre?...Alternative costume perhaps?

Woah! Is that Anakin Skywalker on the far right wit the light sabre?...Alternative costume perhaps?

Its Starkiller, the secret apprentice from The Force Unleashed.

hang on

he's called Starkiller?

Jesus fuck...

I know. Slow clap for George Lucas everyone.

*clap*

*clap*

*clap*

I like his saber style though.

Well Starkiller is the name Luke was going to have before it was changed to Skywalker.

Well Starkiller is the name Luke was going to have before it was changed to Skywalker.

yes indeed that is true.

Anyone seen the rumours about Kratos being in the PS3 version? Seem to be doing the rounds.

yes indeed that is true.

Anyone seen the rumours about Kratos being in the PS3 version? Seem to be doing the rounds.

That would only excite me because it would mean that the 360 would also get an extra character, thus allowing me to dream Ryu (Ninja Gaiden) will be in it.

That would only excite me because it would mean that the 360 would also get an extra character, thus allowing me to dream Ryu (Ninja Gaiden) will be in it.

Would never happen, surely is more likely he would appear in a DOA game seem as both Tecmo/ Team Ninja titles.

Would never happen, surely is more likely he would appear in a DOA game seem as both Tecmo/ Team Ninja titles.

he is in DOA.

not impossible though- they had the Hyabusa armour in Halo 3, even though it's completely fucking shit

he is in DOA.

not impossible though- they had the Hyabusa armour in Halo 3, even though it's completely fucking shit

But then thats different because Ninja Gaiden is primarly a microsoft franchise at the moment so for it to appear on a 1st party franchise. But a competitors game nah can't see it myself... Halo 3 isn't in competition with DOA whereas Soul Calibur is.

competition implies that DOA will ever touch SC heights, mind. Faintly misleading ;)

competition implies that DOA will ever touch SC heights, mind. Faintly misleading ;)

true true...

New infomation

Game features

• getting hit into walls makes you dizzy.
  • opponent will fall during guard impact.
  • game feature instant impact : when opponent attacks during guard impact.

armor bar : keep blocking, bar becomes red, and eventually blue.

soul impact : attack until opponent's health meter is red, then make opponent block -or- you can initiate with a guard impact.

soul impact : when opponent is soul impacted, enter the heavy finish command to execute.

soul impact : performing soul impact is a victory, regardless of circumstances.

Custom characters

• complete freedom for use of parts, color change, and cloth combinations.
  • body build and muscle are also adjustable, there's a 100 levels of modification.
  • you can change fighting styles and abilities.
  • 50 character slots.
  • use parts obtained and equipment bought; you can build ninja looking characters.
  • you can edit 20 parts of the character, you can also change voice depths, also equip parts on existing characters.
  • adjusting both structure and muscle build makes appearance change more visible.
  • appearance and voice can be modified at will.

1 player story mode

• there will be character swapping.
  • character change can be used to perform combos, but it depletes a meter on screen in the lower left/right side.
  • teammates may suddenly join and leave at the end of the battle.

soulless tower mode:

• a one player mode, the goal is to reach the top.
  • each level has treasure chests filled with goodies.
  • opponents have the ability to swap out while fighting players.
  • you can choose multiple CAS or existing characters, CAS may be the key to victory.