N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

Has anyone here ever watched the J-League it's fooking awesome...!

I've caught random highlights on channel 5 late at night, I'd say it was average, not awesome.

[Which is now going to make me sound like I'm completely against all the asian teams and players, which isn't true]

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha yeah he's fab!

We call him widescreen at school; so amazing! I hope he gets a lot of playing time next season, what with Nani, hargreaves and the other one coming in...

Park is an absolute star. He's got such heart, and you can tell he clearly loves his football. The fans adore him, too.

If only he could improve on his shooting, but I think that will come in time.

And his face! When he does something good I love the smile and how he jumps around. I know this is totally random but he has always reminds me of that Asian women on Rat Race who shouts; "You [w]ruined our whole vac-a-tion".

I've caught random highlights on channel 5 late at night, I'd say it was average, not awesome.

[Which is now going to make me sound like I'm completely against all the asian teams and players, which isn't true]

I enjoyed it...Besides they have better fans then some here...in Asia that is, Better than Chelsea's Rendition....and they can't even fucking sing!

Park is better then Pennant and he is like Liverpools first choice winger. But yeah he will be injured for ages, shame. He looks really promising, unlike that piece of shit Dong

No offence anyone but when people tell me to stop talking about Liverpool and posts like this one are put up, What do you expect me to do?

:wtf:

I'm liking all the Park loving going on, he is one of those players that, although isn't always in the starting line up, everyone seems to love! I dunno what it is but every time he plays he seems to bring such energy to the game and seems to always enjoy what he is doing!

I'm liking all the Park loving going on, he is one of those players that, although isn't always in the starting line up, everyone seems to love! I dunno what it is but every time he plays he seems to bring such energy to the game and seems to always enjoy what he is doing!

true, hes very versitile player, can play right/left winger, behind attack, normal cetral mid and defensive mid(even though hes weak). kinda makes him a good sub to have no matter what. i agree that hes much better than many players in the prem but he lacks some awareness and shooting. he has heart and effert. reminds me of heargreaves in the world cup. threw everything he had for englands last game.

PS, where is the next Euro championship held? and where is the one after that? the same question for the world cup please.

PS, where is the next Euro championship held? and where is the one after that? the same question for the world cup please.

Euro 2008 will be held in Austria and Switzerland, and Euro 2012 will be held in Poland and Ukraine.

World Cup 2010 will be in South Africa, World Cup 2014 is yet to be decided, although it will most likely be held in Brazil.

Reyes has finally left! £6-8m apparently.

worst deal i know of, they got him for 21 million and sell him for 6? i think he should have stayed as he was a talent just wasnt strong enough for prem. he will be great for athletico madrid.

Pennant was the first example that came into my head, calm down ya dick :D

But yeah Park is better then alot of first choice midfielders in the Premiership and he is a squad player for us. Really shows the depth we now have.

Hobbz you really are a hyporcritcal tool of society...You tell me not to bring up Liverpool, post a questionable statement like that expect me not to express my opinion..

Pennant>Park every day of the week....

However that being said Park is a very good player, and he is full of energy, but in terms of pace and the change Pennant can do to the game, I rate him better...

I'm quite a big fan of Pennant, but if I had to choose either of them in my team, it would probably have to be Park. He actually scored a fair few goals last season by being in the right place at the right time. Pennant can give a better cross, but I think Park nips him overall.

I'm quite a big fan of Pennant, but if I had to choose either of them in my team, it would probably have to be Park. He actually scored a fair few goals last season by being in the right place at the right time. Pennant can give a better cross, but I think Park nips him overall.

The only thing Pennant needs is a few goals, him and Finnan are arguably one of the most solid RB + RM combo's in the game they compliment eachother well...

They are pretty solid, but that would be as far I would go. I wouldn't rate them as highly as say, Giggs and Ronaldo, but that would be pretty damn unfair as these two are two of the best in the business.

I think an interchangeable midfielder would do Liverpool the world of good. Someone who can just cause a fuss in midfield.

They are pretty solid, but that would be as far I would go. I wouldn't rate them as highly as say, Giggs and Ronaldo, but that would be pretty damn unfair as these two are two of the best in the business.

I think an interchangeable midfielder would do Liverpool the world of good. Someone who can just cause a fuss in midfield.

I Mean RB and RM, Giggs and Ronaldo are RM and LM.....

Either way I totally agree, we do have someone who should cause a fuss upfront yet he causes a fuss in midfield...That Man Dirk Kuyt, the effort he puts in is fenomenal he just wastes his energy in the wrong areas, which leads to a lack of goals.

Can't wait for this season....

worst deal i know of, they got him for 21 million and sell him for 6? i think he should have stayed as he was a talent just wasnt strong enough for prem. he will be great for athletico madrid.

He was signed for 9 and sold for 8, pretty good deal considering the circumstances really. He hated London and was desperate to go back to Spain.

He was signed for 9 and sold for 8, pretty good deal considering the circumstances really. He hated London and was desperate to go back to Spain.

Wasn't it £21 Million?

Deffo wasn't £9 Million I know that much

Scrap that

Wiki

The £10.5m fee was negotiated with top ups, depending on the success of Arsenal, which could rise to £17m

Wonder if the fee did rise to that much....

Wasn't it £21 Million?

Deffo wasn't £9 Million I know that much

Scrap that

Wiki

The £10.5m fee was negotiated with top ups, depending on the success of Arsenal, which could rise to £17m

Wonder if the fee did rise to that much....

Typical Arsenal deal, media reports its as something but really its much less with added bonus (eg for appearances).

Edit - On the Arsenal site in the box offices queue for first game of the season tickets. So it puts me in a queue at quarter past, fifteen minutes early. No problem, I'm expecting come half passed I'll be at the front to get the tickets. Oh no all three of my browsers in the queue let me in around 2 minutes ago, tickets don't go on sale until half passed, I'm now at the arse of the queue. Cheers Arsenal. :(