N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

Oh I do know ;) Just pulling your leg with some Thomas magic. How ever impressive Owen pwning us in two minutes was, we deserved a penalty and Henchoz name in the book during that match for his amazing save. :P Still think Thomas owning you in the last minute of the last league game of the season to steal the title at Anfield is more classic.

I wasn't alive then so I wouldn't know!

Cardiff holds fond memories...:love:

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pompey winning 1-0 against Fulham in the Premiership Asia Trophy...

Benjani goal and a new song has been born.

And I like it, i like it, I like it, i like it, i like it

whoah-oh, whoah-oh, benjaniiiiiiii

scoring all over the world!

:laughing: I had to laugh, noodleman :heh:

..but anyway..

11AM: NEW STADIUM PLANS REVEALED

Liverpool Football Club will reveal plans for their stunning new stadium at 11am on Wednesday morning and you'll be able to see the images first on liverpoolfc.tv.

Should get to see some better pictures, I guess!

Can't Wait to see these pictures

AGAIN

Will put links on here 11am

stadium_header.jpg

New Stadium Page Header

edit-0707-STADIUM-in1.jpg

edit-0707-STADIUM-ex2.jpg

edit-0707-STADIUM-ex1.jpg

Similar to the ones I was provided with, I haven't seen the internal one which to be honest looks a crap render, however should look better in real life

Looks fucking awesome to be honest...

61,000 But to be increased to late 70's pending improvements to Transport infanstructure

Liverpool Football Club today unveiled stunning new designs for their stadium in Stanley Park, coinciding with the submission of the official planning application to Liverpool City Council.

Scheduled to open in 2010, the 60,000 seat stadium has been designed to allow for future expansion which could see the capacity increased to the high seventies dependent on improvements to the local transport infrastructure.

The central importance of the Kop has also been recognised with a hugely increased capacity to 18,000 seats in a single tier stand.

Click on an image below for a larger view

The stadium represents an investment of around £300 million by the Club in North Liverpool.

Chief Executive Rick Parry said: "It was always the aim of the Club, with the backing of Tom Hicks and George Gillett, to be world class both on and off the pitch. When they took over, the first thing Tom and George wanted to do was review the stadium both in terms of the design and the capacity. This is the immensely impressive result of their deliberations.

"We're creating a stadium that not only the Club and supporters can be proud of, but something the whole city can be proud of. Liverpool as a city is on the move and deserves world class developments like this.

"Our architects HKS have a wealth of experience and have fused a very contemporary and unique vision together with the values that are crucial to Liverpool Football Club. A critical design consideration was to ensure the stadium sat naturally within its park environment, complementing its surroundings and a huge amount of work has been done to ensure this happens. The stadium is a massive investment in North Liverpool and a key driver in the regeneration of the whole area.

"The asymmetric design sets it apart from other new stadia, as it is a clear move away from what is becoming the traditional bowl model. It recognises and makes reference to the fact that English football grounds were historically asymmetric. We make no apologies for that, we've gone out of our way to embrace that culture and it works

exceptionally well for both the new ground and its location within Stanley Park. This new design will be unmistakably Liverpool and instantly recognisable as our stadium.

"We've also recognised the central importance of the Kop. It will have a significantly increased capacity of 18,000 seats in a single tier structure that will be the heartbeat of the new stadium. The rake of the stand will be steeper and the seats tighter together, with the acoustics of the roof designed to accentuate the atmosphere during games."

Steven Gerrard said: "To be honest I knew it was going to be great but after spending five minutes looking at the plans I was just completely blown away by it. We are Liverpool Football Club and we expect the best and this will be the best. I've played in some special stadiums but this is something special and it's so important that we are not seen to be copying off another club."

Jamie Carragher added: "Everyone is excited by the new plans. They are spectacular. We've got a great stadium at the minute in Anfield, but the designers have come up with something completely unique. I've never seen a football ground like it and that's what makes it so special."

Rafa Benitez added his voice of support to the new stadium design: "The facilities the new stadium will provide are going to ensure that the future of this club is a great one and this is what our fans deserve."

Rick Parry continued: "Having thoroughly addressed the environmental and transportation issues, we already have consent for a 60,000 seat stadium which is why we have submitted the new design with that capacity. This is the most straightforward way of delivering what are radical new designs as our aspiration has always been to have the stadium ready for 2010, which means beginning work on site as soon as possible.

"But we make no secret of the fact that we want a greater capacity and will consider putting in a second planning application when appropriate. However, we fully recognise for this to happen that all the associated transport requirements need to be in place. To increase the capacity above 60,000 we need a further step change in our

approach which is why we, together with Liverpool City Council and Merseytravel, are investigating the possibility of reopening the Bootle Branch railway line for passenger use. That would be a fantastic solution, not just for the Club, but for all the people of North Liverpool."

Xabi Alonso concluded by saying: "Liverpool is famous for the atmosphere generated by its fans and from looking at the pictures I'm sure the new stadium will be just as atmospheric, if not more so. Anfield is really special, we all know that, but the new stadium will be a great one and I'm looking forward to playing there."

The new ground will also incorporate dedicated facilities for the Anfield Sport and Community Centre and Liverpool Hope University and external facilities will include tennis courts and new multi-use games area.

The unique asymmetrical design, with a huge 18,000 seat single-tier Kop at its heart, has been developed as part of the overall regeneration of Stanley Park. The West side is concave in form effectively embracing the park and providing changing facilities for those young amateur players and their parents who use the existing pitches which will be retained within the park.

The North and East facades take a convex form respectively overlooking Priory Road and Utting Avenue across gardens which will be developed in the tradition of Stanley Park. The South facade will be of completely different form, taking on a more formal appearance appropriate to its civic function at the northern edge to the new Anfield Plaza development which will replace the current ground.

The stadium will have a stone work base on the North, West and East sides with mainly glass facades above. The South side will be clad in metal and overlook the Plaza. One striking feature will see the South East and South West corners of the stadium visually open, providing views from the park deep into its heart.

As I said a few weeks back, they will go ahead with building the stadium but build it around expansion. Methinks the stadium inside will look nothing like that. The Bootle line runs right around the city, it's about a 5 minute walk from my house and if they re-open that, thats the key to a 75,000+ Stadium.

Brace yourselves for Parry coming out and saying..

"Oh hang on we can expand here, What d'ya say Liverpool City Council"?

I'll be honest with you, I don't like it. It doesn't look like a football stadium, just looks like some architect is trying to make a name for himself. Also dislike the corners, whats with those huge metal plate things (can be seen in the view to kop picture).

I'll be honest with you, I don't like it. It doesn't look like a football stadium, just looks like some architect is trying to make a name for himself. Also dislike the corners, whats with those huge metal plate things (can be seen in the view to kop picture).

Yeah I agree, I don't really like the look of it at the moment.

I'd say Arsenal have the best stadium in the country, only thing that lets us down is the three local tube stations become conjested after the games. But the club run schemes to make people stay behind and thin out people traffic.

All seats have plenty of leg room and are padded, lots of toilets and bars. Security and entry to the stadium are fantastic, electronic membership card entry saves printing tickets. The look of it is aesthetically pleasing, was built on time and to budget. Costing us around £300mill. And its only 500 metres away from Highbury.

In saying this, I'm not claiming we've got the best atmosphere or fans. Just the best stadium.

Iraq made it to the asian cup finals on penalties against the mighty south korea (4th in world cup 2002). its the first time in the finals for us for 31 years.

saudi arabia have defeated the japanese (yes, nakamora and endo were playing) 3-2 to get to the final

Iraq vs Saudi arabia for the final

Iraq FTW!

When this thing is built you will understand the best stadium in the world claim..

Also how can the Emirates be the best stadium in the country, It's got nothing at all that stands out of it, it just looks like Stadio Da Luz in Portugal?

Facilities are one thing, but it's just the exact same all the way around.

Facilities is one thing but it just is nothing special at all.

Granted it doesn't look like a football stadium, but it's unique, and I like it that way. It is deffinatly going to make us stand out.

Them pictures don't show the stadium well, the size of it is going to be huge, a 1/3 of Stanley Park and Stanley Park could fit 10 Anfield's in it...

There's no way you can judge the stadium on those renders, they look like something out of ReBoot.

Also how can the Emirates be the best stadium in the country, It's got nothing at all that stands out of it, it just looks like Stadio Da Luz in Portugal?

Quoted for truth.

I'm not sold on this new stadium yet, will have to see how things progress with it. I have to say after seeing the new Dallas Cowboys stadium and then this, both done by the same architect firm, it would seem that Liverpool are getting a raw deal.

CowboysNS-Day.png

cowmain2.jpg

[Off topic] Jesus that firm make crappy renders.

Thats the comparison being made by many Liverpool fans since George and Tom took over, Fresh.

The renders I had where alot better then the ones provided, and their was alot more of them. I hope these will be released in time...

They had 1st June 2007 on them, HKS Logo, and LFC Logo on the actual document.

This stadium is going to be something else, a unique stadium I for one am very impressed with what they have provided. Not your generic new stadiums being made or proposed recently.

I just can't express in words how huge the stadium is....

The Future is bright for LFC

Facilities are one thing, but it's just the exact same all the way around.

Facilities is one thing but it just is nothing special at all.

I never said it was uniquely looking. I said it was the best and gave a few reasons why I thought that. I think our generic looking bowl, looks better than having something out there, that looks somewhat like an airport.

I never said it was uniquely looking. I said it was the best and gave a few reasons why I thought that. I think our generic looking bowl, looks better than having something out there, that looks somewhat like an airport.

How can a Generic Looking bowl be one of the best stadiums in the country, when if thats the case then the other bowl shapes could stake a claim for that as well...

Give me something unique over something, boring and generic anyday...

Facilities wise The Emirates beats all, but when I look at the Emirates I think nice, very nice then a so what? I've seen that before....in 10 different countries...

At least our stadium will be related to Liverpool and not to 10 over clubs who have the same "souless bowl" of a football ground.

Bring on the New Anfield!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!