N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It comes with the Setanta sports package so I guess I have no choice...

Also Rick Parry is really really bad and still believes football is stuck in the dark ages, when we get Foster Gillete we will see the true power of Liverpool Shown...

voronin is a sick b*****d. he's f***in gangsta. watch him bag 20 goals

According to someone off a Bayer Leverkusen Forum

Fo Sho...I Suppose...

Ant i think liverpool will set up differently.

This is what i think the strongest 11 will be like

Reina

Finnan Cara Ager Riise

(Yossi/Pennant) Gerrard Mascherano Kewell

Kuyt Torres

I honestly think If Benitez was going to play that system Alonso would be out the door....

My Dad always goes on about Keegan being sent off because of Bill Bremner(Might be) in a FA Cup Final...

It was Charity Shield match I think, sure I read about it in "Damned Utd" great book about Brian Clough, fiction written as if its from his point of view during the 44 days he was in charge of Leeds. Going to be made into a film apparently.

As for Leeds to be honest I couldn't care less I hate them. At school everyone used to bully me for supporting Portsmouth as they were nearly all leeds fans (I live in harrogate nr leeds) so now the tables have turned which is great for me!

I am surprised no defensive cover has came in at Man United yet (or maybe I missed it) cause you were really exposed when Vidic and Ferdinand were out last year

I'd like to bring in an extra defender, but to be honest, I think any team would have struggled with both their first choice centre-backs out. Luckily, we still had the likes of Wes Brown, John O'shea, etc to step in when needed. Although, we were more than a bit screwed when the entire backline were out.

What are the chances, eh? :confused:

I'd like to bring in an extra defender, but to be honest, I think any team would have struggled with both their first choice centre-backs out. Luckily, we still had the likes of Wes Brown, John O'shea, etc to step in when needed. Although, we were more than a bit screwed when the entire backline were out.

What are the chances, eh? :confused:

yet we still managed to pull together, only major problem was against milan but we adapted and played 4-5 games without out back 4. so we do have depth.

problem is, you cant but a world class diffender and expect him to be on the bench or cover. your subs are alway lower quality players hence come handy in bad times and are quite when there are no injuries. big players moan when they dont get reguler football.

Lets keep the Leeds hate coming boys.

As far as I know League 1 won't let them back in yet.

Not true, the Football League have no objection to us starting the seaon eben though we are still in administration - it's just KPMG don't have to funds to run the club if we did.

We need the Football League to award us our Golden Share and then Bates' Consortium will take full control of the club and we can play, and this will only happen once the Football League receive documentation on the contract between the administrators and Bates.

We have signed babel and benayoun. i wonder if that is it for the spending or if Benitez will spend again? been one of the best ever pre-seasons for liverpool transfers wise.

I reckon that's. Your american owners aren't going to just throw money at you, but I think the money they've spent so far is little more than perhaps what was needed to catch up Man Utd and Chelsea.

On a side note I'm pretty happy with pompey we have spent £20 + million so far, defo a signal of our intent to stay in the top 10 and beyond...

Although we are competing for the title, we have had to lay off a few players...Bellamy, Cisse, Zenden, Garcia to name a few 3 of Which where pretty much first team players...

Now we have the money we can buy squad players in place and also top quality such as Torres.

We are rebuilding and improving

You are strengthening a already proven side.

Money aside the players Rafa has brought in should do what he intended to do, improve the side in areas which need improving and rebuilding the squad so the dead wood is out.

Good Business from the board methinks

i think liverpool still have the core of a championship winning side. most of that core would walk into any other side. it is the players around that core that need to be improved. and imo these are good players. Everyone says Teves kept westham up single handedly last season. is it a coincidence that as soon as Benayoun came back they started to pick up results?

Well you have to realise 2 of our key first team players (they still have a huge part to play next season), are starting to get old and due to their quality, we cannot wait around for replacements. You know who im talking about - Giggs and Scholes.

Nani and Anderson are long term replacements for 2 pivotal first team players and I am sure they will go on to be great buisness.

To be honest for how long has everyone been saying Scholes and Giggs are passed it?

They still can do a job and Nani and Anderson will be filtered in bit by bit.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!