N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal fans, what is Matthew Connolly like. We've just taken him on a years loan it would appear. All I know is that hes a Center Back.

He's pretty decent. You'll be surprised to find he's actually an Englishman. I think he was a our reserve captain last year and a very promising centre back, only 19 so he needs experience. I think he only featured in one match I was at last season and that was a testimonial, so to judge him on that would do him no favours.

Looks like it could be coming apart at the seams at the Emirates.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/article-23403547-details/Gallas+in+attack+on+Gunners+spending/article.do

Maybe a place in the top four for a surprise package next season if they don't get their act together?

Don't listen to a word gallas says, check his poll on his website to see how valid his opinions and articles are on the site.

To save time have a look at this.

What do you remember about the season of William Gallas ?

His uncontested leadership in the defense of Gunners

His absence because of a pulled thigh

His successful intégration within the team of Arsenal

His 3 magnificent registered goals

His season without trophy

Russian League does not count :D

And you know what I mean, hes only played in 1 league properly as in a key figure.

Shevchenko won the domestic league title with Dynamo in each of his five seasons with the club. Under the guidance of Valeri Lobanovsky, the Dynamo manager from January 1997 to May 2002, Shevchenko flourished into one of the team's most prominent and skillful players.

Russian League does not count :D

And you know what I mean, hes only played in 1 league properly as in a key figure.

Shevchenko won the domestic league title with Dynamo in each of his five seasons with the club. Under the guidance of Valeri Lobanovsky, the Dynamo manager from January 1997 to May 2002, Shevchenko flourished into one of the team's most prominent and skillful players.

Gotta agree with Ant there. Sheva made his name at Dynamo. Him and Rebrov up front were one of the best striker partnerships in europe. Back in those days Dynamo used to always get into the Champs League and do pretty well from what I remember.

Just in case there are more Leeds United fans reading this forum:

On behalf of the Leeds United Supporters Trust we would like to pass on the

following message...

Following discussions with the Supporters Club, the Supporters Trust wishes to

make available to ALL Leeds fans a facility whereby they can make their

individual views known to both the Football League and to various concerned

MP's.

Should you wish to use this facility then please do so urgently due to the

current pressing timescales. Please go to

http://www.lufctrust.org/formmail.htm

This should only take a couple of minutes and will help us raise the issue on

behalf of all Leeds fans.

Your responses will be collated and delivered to the appropriate places.

Our aim is to urge them to make sure that as a collective whole, Leeds United

and its fans are not damaged by the current situation.

Thank You

That is a fair point hob and i agree but he only really started to play well for the hammers in the last part of the season. if he had played that way all the way through they would have been midtable.

was it just a purple patch or was it that it took him a while to adjust. i think it is the latter, but i would say he needed another season to be a truely "proven" premiership striker. still worth the gamble.

Tbf to Tevez he was hardly played in the first half of the season and when he was it was on the right of midfield. I cant see how Tevez and Rooney can play effectivly in the same team however...

The Greatest Interview Ever

Jamie Carragher got his own back live on air on Talksport Radio in the UK a few hours ago.

For a while, hosts Adrian Durham and Micky Quinn were discussing Carragher's decision to leave the England setup.

Durham was having a constant go at Carragher calling him a "bottler" whereas Quinn defended the Scouser with his decision.

Durham stated that any player in his twenties who retires from the England set up needs to have a "word with themselves" and as an England fan he was "disappointed".

He also said that John Terry, Jonathan Woodgate and Rio Ferdinand were all better than the Liverpool vice-captain.

During the show, Durham got the shock of his life when Jamie phoned up the show and told Durham that he was no "bottler" and that if Durham still thought that then he should visit Anfield on a Champions League night and show him who the bottler was.

Durham started to backtrack like a chicken and said "I think your a terrific footballer Jamie"

Carra also said he'd spoken to Maclaren a couple of times and that the former Boro manager wanted him to re-think his decision to quite the National side. The Liverpool player also said that he'd been played out of position when he was playing for England.

Needless to say, the Talksport host was left with egg on his face. A great radio moment.

Listen to this, http://www.alexgodden.com/rawk/carra.mp3.zip

He is fucking Awesome....Jamie Carragher...Oh My Word

lol cara is a legend. to be fair if i had ledley king infront of me in the pecking order i would put 2 fingers up aswell. McCLaren is a complete Joke

any way liverpool won their first friendly of the season 3-2 with a reserve striker getting a hattrick

Sweet.

lol cara is a legend. to be fair if i had ledley king infront of me in the pecking order i would put 2 fingers up aswell. McCLaren is a complete Joke

any way liverpool won their first friendly of the season 3-2 with a reserve striker getting a hattrick

Sweet.

St James of Bootle -"Fuck It It's Only England"

Wrexham was a great laugh with a few mates of mine, tried to get the Best Midfield in the world conga going, never happend.

Not got tickets for Crewe...Trying though

And Ramar looks like we have Babel off you....

Pompey officially launch new kit on the new website with this quote;

The players shirts are slim fitting and fitted individually...The replica shirts are a more generous fit for the fans...

obviously they assume all fans are fat!

pretty nice new website we've got, beats the old pompeyworld site we had, nice info on the tech of the new shirts as well;

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/index.php?cms_ref=home

I said to myself when I wrote that statement, Ant will bite at my balls.

You know exactly what I mean, he went into the next level at AC, Kiev was a stepping stone to the top. Good research on the net by the way.

Stop nitpicking. Tevez is young and much less likely to flop then Shevchenko was.

Hands down

I agree with what your saying but you have some crazy and un-founded points to back it up...

Ho hum..another boring day in the Football thread.

So how does a casual football fan go about joining in in this thread without getting ripped to shreds?

just do what I do and report news and then see if your lucky enough to get someone to reply...

lol maybe if you reported more interesting stuff like what is happening with Southampton we might be inclined to comment.:heh:

only joking :zzz:

I know you were only joking but :shakehead scummers!

GRRRR!!!!!!!

What about the premiership sky games I posted?! I just post about my team much like every one does!

So wait....you aren't happy that your genius idea of having a football thread attracts 100's of posts....;)

I guess so, anyway lets not get into this again, I made my view clear the other day, I don't want this thread turning into a liverpool vs man utd/flameboy moaning thread.

I'd like to see the other Leeds Fans on here come in as well - this is the most uncertain time in our club's history and I know Tellyn is a Leeds fan, as is his dad, but jeeze guys!!! Are there any more???

Anyways, the Administrators are delaying the announcement as to who has bid the highest for LUAFC, but I'm hearing from a source of mine that Bates has won again...

...and it goes on...

I'd like to see the other Leeds Fans on here come in as well - this is the most uncertain time in our club's history and I know Tellyn is a Leeds fan, as is his dad, but jeeze guys!!! Are there any more???

no i think you named all three of em. it is wierd how all 3 leeds fans post here.:smile:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!