flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

This is why I watch England matches.

A 2-2 draw isn't inconceivable...

2 Beckham freekicks in the last 10 minutes

Wayne Bridge ' Its a fucking foul!'

Mark Lawrenson 'I think he said it was a foul'

2 Beckham freekicks in the last 10 minutes

Nowadays nothing surprises me in football....short of Superman being subbed on. Then again Croatia are playing the more dangerous football.

Its pretty comical really.

4-5-1 = stupid...imo

I was saying midday we should have 5 at the back or at least a holding midfield player. The first 7 minutes we were playing ace.

As a rule I blame Crouch for everything. No logic there, I know, but somehow I know its his fault....somehow.

Dear god...

We need to play 4-4-2 in the second half. Lampard off (he, once again, hasn't done anything) and Defoe on.

You have to love the Guardian's commentary:

Carson manages to clear the ball without hoofing it into his own net.

It's an even display from England in that they're all playing badly.

Hey! A half-decent move. Nice interplay in midfield before Bridge spoons the cross to Pletikosa who collets with one hand. One hand, Scott!

Without Crouch who are we gonna play upfront. Defoe?

HANG ON thinking about this we've got Hesky, Johnson and Nugent to pick for selection

And now Russia are winning well either a miricle or last 45 mins of current england manager.

Thanks for link! lol at gareth barry pic

Another Guardian classic:

41 min: Barry loses the ball and Croatia steam up the pitch. Luckily, Modric fails to see Srna's run and balloons it high and wide." I still believe in you Steve McClaren," says Luke Crane, "but I'm pretty high right now." Ah.

lol i love the blog reporting the 2nd goal.

GOAL!!!!!!!!! OH DEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Olic 13 min)

Shamble of a performance, England sound like they are hardly playing. Barry, Gerrard, Lampard (no surprise), Lescott, Cambell all very disappointing.

45 min: "Now would be a good time for England to score," says Mark Lawrenson, implying falsely that England are capable of scoring. They do have a free-kick though, which Stevie G wastes scandalously - it doesn't even get past the first Croatia defender.

43 min: Carson has a laughable flap at a Croatia shot that he doesn't dare to collect (it's straight at him). One positive is that Paul Robinson's confidence will be as high as Luke Crane right now.

lol this is why the english sense of humour is so good as it revels in us losing rather than getting upset.

I'm so glad I can support a fairly bad team, Ukraine. Then I don't really care if you lose 4-0 against Spain, 4-0 against Italy.

It's actually embarrasing for me to watch the England game. They just are not a good team. What I hate about most fans are them saying England should win every game. I don't see why England have the right to win every game they play. They are a piss poor team who rely on other teams to perform for them. Good for them that Andorra are losing to Russia. ow they can get knocked out of this, then hopefully realise they need better players, not over payed, slow, shit players. It's just a shame that they have such good quality like SWP and such. It's just Lampard who gets played every bloody game and what does he do, fuck all.

(Many overexagerations)

45 min: "Now would be a good time for England to score," says Mark Lawrenson, implying falsely that England are capable of scoring. They do have a free-kick though, which Stevie G wastes scandalously - it doesn't even get past the first Croatia defender.

Best one so far! :heh:

I think the first goal knocked them back a bit. They're at fault for the second goal...I don't know what happened next, I turned the telly off.