NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

That said, the fans will give him time and the morale boost has been incredible, we were really, really in the shit yesterday and now the whole city is buzzing. Contrary to what the press would have you believe, we're not impatient for a trophy - we're the most patient fans in the world in some respects considering how long we've gone with out one. We just want to play some alright football, go into each game thinking we're gonna give it a shot, have a pint, have a laugh, have a sing.

How weird it is that for the second time this season, we will be Newcastle's opponents for their new manager's first game in charge. Let's hope we can get some revenge this time around.

On the lighter side of things, just seen on Sky Sports News that somebody put a £5 bet on for Hulk Hogan to be the next Newcastle manager. Made me giggle that did!!

I saw that bit about the Hulk Hogan bet, brill.

We haven't got any new players, but I'm delighted that Martin Laursen will sign a new deal to stay here. He's been immense all season.

We haven't got any new players, but I'm delighted that Martin Laursen will sign a new deal to stay here. He's been immense all season.

I wish Flamini would sign a new contract :(

I saw that bit about the Hulk Hogan bet, brill.

From what I understand you'll have Jermaine Defoe very soon.

Keegan is a good manager, and will buy players that haven't fucked up at other places, like Ncastle usually buy. I mean, Barton? Smith? OWEN? Why are they buying these has-beens, instead of going for younger stars who might actually stand a chance of winning them something?

Look around the country, get in three or four young stars. Look to the continent, get in three or four quality signings. Look to the G14 clubs, and spend a bomb on one great player that will last six or seven years. Theres a top ten finish, right there.

Why are they buying these has-beens, instead of going for younger stars who might actually stand a chance of winning them something?

First signing of the reign -

NEWCASTLE United have completed the signing of Hungary Under-21 international Tamas Kadar.

The promising 17-year-old has signed a four-and-a-half year deal at St.James' Park and joins from Hungarian top flight club Zalaegerszegi TE.

Kadar can operate as either a centre-half or left-back and burst into the Zalaegerszegi first-team when he was just 16.

He is recognised as one of the best young defenders in Hungary and has one cap for the Under-21s.

i thought that sacking big sam was a bad decision, but now they have got keegan, i take that back.

heres to hoping we get some exciting football for the geordies again (and some hilarious interviews from keegan again).

From what I understand you'll have Jermaine Defoe very soon.

No we won't.

Anyway, I came here to say: Fucking James McFadden. :nono:

Super Faddy Has Gone Ballistic All The Way to... Birmingham. :S

£4.75m... I would've loved to see him play for Celtic, but not for £5m.

just proves how inflated the English transfer market is imo.

They need to hope that Sky don't take their money away anytime soon :)

Yeah, a shame he didn't go to Celtic but we could have gotten someone alot better for £5m.

Hopefully he will actually get a regular game at Birmingham.

feeling pretty apprehensive about barnsley's match against qpr today.

would have liked to go but couldn't really afford it.

we'll either nick it by one goal or get smashed i feel.

i'm hoping for the former.

Ah, the Edinburgh derby. I have friends on both sides, so no matter who wins, I get to rip on someone!

Leeds 0 - 1 Doncaster at half time.

These are the games we need to be winning. The top of the league clashes are vital games to show that we can make it in the Championship next year...

united!

ronaldos goal was class, a ron and roo on one reading defender was funny even though ron went all the way.

really getting frustrated with giggs in past 2-3 games, he seems too clumsy.

norwich 0-0 leicester

we were all over them apparently. unbeaten in a while. norwich will be the suprise package next year, just you all wait and see!

i personally think that with the squad norwich have now, they should be pushing for promotion this season to be honest.

i personally think that with the squad norwich have now, they should be pushing for promotion this season to be honest.

No they really shouldn't. Other than Shackall and possibly Drury their defence is diabolical. The midfield apart from Huckerby is hit and miss, their forwards don't get a decent service. I saw them play Sheffield Wednesday and they struggled to string a few passes together.

I'm going to their match on 23rd Feb against Barnsley for my Dad's birthday. Hopefully they'll be a lot better then.

i think they should, but i'm just speaking from seeing them in one game at oakwell where they played very well for 45 minutes, i'd to see them pushing on up the table for the rest of this season. the play-offs aren't out of anyones reach yet.

they'll get another 3 points toward their total when they play barnsley at carrow road, im 99% sure of that anyway.

yeah, it seemed like that. glad i couldn't make it really.

lets hope SD can get anderson de silva back, he gives our midfield the stability it needs.

im off to southend on friday so i hope we can get a result there.

We really need to sort out the confidence of the team. Hopefully part of that could be achieved if the Americans sold us and all the problems off the pitch ended.