NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

one of the luckiest goals ever seen.... and people rate theo, lol, what shambles.

We should of buried them before they scored though. :indeed:

newcastle have fired big sam.

worst. decision. ever.

lets hope they get relegated now.

Easy to sit from afar and be a clever clogs when you support another team and you've not had to watch our mind-bending performances over the past 8 months He wasn't the choice of the current owners and so he had to at least look like he was making some progress. If we were losing games because he didn't have the players at his disposal yet, or we were still in the process of sorting the defence out, fine. But we were losing games because we were playing up to 7 players out of position, playing for a draw against the likes of Wigan and Reading, playing narrow through the middle against Derby, persisting in playing Alan Smith in the middle after he had nightmare after nightmare. If Sam didn't have the faith of the new owners, it's better to sack him now than do what we've done in the past - give him £50m, decide he's useless and then sack him.

We weren't pissed off because we were mid-table - although we'd had an easy run in to the start of the season so our position flattered us a bit. i.e We've played Derby twice and had only picked up one point, while we still have to play Man U home and away. We weren't pissed off because we weren't playing exciting football (This idea of us preferring to lose 3-4 than win 1-0 is bollocks). We were pissed off because he was making basic, stupid tactical decisions which were losing us matches unavoidably time and time again while showing no sign of going in the right direction.

That said, if we're taking a sideways step to another unremarkable British manager like Hughes, Redknapp or Moyes the upheaval will have been a complete waste and I'll be utterly pissed off. Even when Sam was at his most hair pullingly frustrating I said we should stick with him unless we have someone better in the wings.

We have just signed Chris Coyne from Luton for £350,000 no idea if hes any good, but he cant be any worse then the shower of shit we've had in defence so far this year. Rightback and defensive midfielder next plz.

one of the luckiest goals ever seen.... and people rate theo, lol, what shambles.

lol, Coventry. That is all.

I've got to admit we were crap. I had an awesome seat in the stadium and the atmosphere was mental, or at least in my corner. 1-1 is a decent enough result. Most importantly we didn't lose and we're still in the tie. Arsene most definitely will bring in one two players like he did last year for the second leg. I'd expect Adebayor, maybe Gallas and maybe even Rosicky or Hleb.

Though last night once again highlighted what a bunch of scum Tottenham fans are, some dirty fuck above us in a box threw something down into our block, and then incited fans by making signs of slitting their throats. Typical aggro outside the stadium as well, attacking fans who weren't looking for trouble.

We have just signed Chris Coyne from Luton for £350,000 no idea if hes any good, but he cant be any worse then the shower of shit we've had in defence so far this year. Rightback and defensive midfielder next plz.

The locals rate him, but that doesn't mean much.

We've also signed Phil Ifill from Spurs it would appear Right back in :awesome: A decent defensive mid and I shall be happy.

Just read this on caughtoffside.com.

It's about Savage signing for Derby rather than Sunderland:

...with the Rams apparently showing more enthusiasm to sign him. Which is bad news for the Black Cats as it appears that they’re almost certain to be relegated now that they’ve missed out.

Man, I never knew Savage was SOOOOO good that he could keep one team in the Premier league alone. Furthermore it has been quoted that Savage himself has said Sunderland are buggered without him. If that's true he is a fud. He would rather take higher wages to play in the championship next season. And at 32 he is hardly's awe-inspiring.

Can't say I'm bitter after reading that.

Now I wonder if Reading will actually accept our 4.5m bid for Hunt. He is there current "player on form". I think 4.5m is a good offer. I'd say we should stretch to 5m as we apparently have a 20m kitty. I can't see us spending all of that neither. And we really should be.

It's frustrating to see Birmingham/Derby/Boro being linked with a fair few solid players yet Sunderland are seemingly in the mire not being able to sign anyone. At the end of this transfer window I will probably have no nails left!

Not really a good time for the North East. It seems the midlands and the "capital" based teams are swallowing up all of the best players. It's cold up North and the nightclubs aren't as high profile as Manc/Liverpool/London.

God I'm bitter :o

Just read this on caughtoffside.com.

It's about Savage signing for Derby rather than Sunderland:

...with the Rams apparently showing more enthusiasm to sign him. Which is bad news for the Black Cats as it appears that they’re almost certain to be relegated now that they’ve missed out.

Didn't you know Robbie Savage is a clone of Maradona and Pele spliced, his powers have just been kept under wraps until his ultimate transfer move to Derby County Football Club. The man will turn into Moses and Jesus and lead his merry band of..

Oh I give up, what a load of wank that article is. :P

I've seen both Sunderland and Derby this season, one's a football team the other is a mess.

*Sigh* Looks it's going to be spud faced cockney Harry Redknapp. Like I said, if we were going to take a sideways step with an unremarkable British manager we might as well have held on to that bumbling oaf Sam.

*Sigh* Looks it's going to be spud faced cockney Harry Redknapp. Like I said, if we were going to take a sideways step with an unremarkable British manager we might as well have held on to that bumbling oaf Sam.

For the love of God...why on Earth would Harry want to switch from Portsmouth to Newcastle?

Some people really don't know when they've got it made.

We've sold Anelka to Chelsea.

£15 million.

Bugger

Personally, I don't see Anelka fitting in there. Somewhat of a panic-buy, I feel.

Personally, I don't see Anelka fitting in there. Somewhat of a panic-buy, I feel.

I agree. But we're near the bottom of the league and he's scored the majority of our goals, so unless we can find a quality striker to replace him, then we could be screwed.

I agree. But we're near the bottom of the league and he's scored the majority of our goals, so unless we can find a quality striker to replace him, then we could be screwed.

You can have Ameobi if you like. Some has got to want him...

Anyway, about the Allerdyce thing... I have to agree with Bluestar, sod attacking football, let's get in the habit of NOT LOSING then we can worry about doing better in the league. Everyone needs time to settle, and Allerdyce didn't have enough, neither did his players.

Though to be fair, he has never been that inspiring for me personally, so how the players were supposed to perform is beyond me.

Can we also get rid of Stephen Carr? kplzthnxbi.

Booked a Flight and Ticket package for our Champions League game in Milan today. Just awaiting the confirmation to say I'm definitely on. Think Thomas Cook have to do checks and stuff.

Manchester United are back at the top then after scoring 6 second half goals, including Ronaldo's first hat trick against Newcastle.

Admittedly Owen had a good goal ruled offside and Tevez's second didn't cross the line but then Manchester were denied two pretty clear penalties (Smith and Carr). I think 6-0 was rather flattering but then Newcastle themselves were a bit of a non entity and defensive errors cost them dear.

Does nayone else who watched the game know what Smith was sent off for right at then end, I don't even think he had been booked before that had he?

Yeah he was sent off for foul and abusive language towards the ref. He was complaining about the 6th goal but I mean seriously smudge what difference would it have made?

Good performance from United, always looked like winning. Newcastle did well to keep it at 0-0 at half time but once they let in one that was it, heads drop and just didn't seem to have anything up their sleeves to reply to united and hence the flood gates opened.

I'll just say this:

Yay: Villa 3-1 Reading

Boo: Morton 2-2 Gretna

Boo: Arsenal 1-1 Blues

Boo: We've got Liverpool next. Bet Liverpool win.

Cannot fucking believe Virgin went down just before the end of the first half.

I am truly, truly pissed off at Virgin. I would have loved to see that game full.

I feel like screaming.

What a win.

6-0 Rob. 6. 6 goals. I can rub it in all day Rob.

I'll just say this:

Yay: Villa 3-1 Reading

Boo: Morton 2-2 Gretna

Boo: Arsenal 1-1 Blues

Boo: We've got Liverpool next. Bet Liverpool win.

Don't forget:

Yay: Celtic 3-0 Stirling

Nakamura is back and scoring already.

and so the tide has turned, liverpool not good enough, arsenal without some main players, how will they cope as the pace picks up?

united to win the EPL with chelsea a close second. as soon as arsenal lose their confidance its all over.

tide has turned?

I seem to remember Man Utd struggling at the start of the season

Can only laugh like, especially as we should have been 1-Nowt up at half time! Ronaldo's fucking class like, shame he's such a cheat (the dive trying to get a pen and the even more hilarious one where he scuffed his shot then flung himself to the ground with no-one near him to get the free kick he scored his first from)

Only positive from yesterday was hearing clearly on the telly the chant of "Fergie's right, your fans are shit" ringing out :laughing:

Tbh from what I saw on motd. VDS heard the whistle go for Owens offside and didnt exactly try to stop it, if the whistle hadnt gone I think he probably would have saved it.