NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

I want to find whoever came up with up this 'Grand Slam Sunday™®©' bollocks and give them the slapping they deserve. Anyway:

Liverpool 2-0 Man Utd

Arsenal 1-1 Chelsea

I almost shat myself when Sunderland scored, thank fuck for Shaun Maloney!

apparently it went in but was dissallowed, will see it on MOTD.

man city v bolton and blackburn V wigan were amaizing games. cant wait to see them

apparently it went in but was dissallowed, will see it on MOTD.

man city v bolton and blackburn V wigan were amaizing games. cant wait to see them

I know it finished 1-1, Maloney with an equaliser. I know nowt about any disallowed goal.

I know it finished 1-1, Maloney with an equaliser. I know nowt about any disallowed goal.

Sunderland scored, practically with the last kick of the game. Fuck all wrong with it but disallowed for some reason. Roy Keane was fucking incensed on Soccer Saturday. Haha, the fucking Manc ****.

Sunderland scored, practically with the last kick of the game. Fuck all wrong with it but disallowed for some reason. Roy Keane was fucking incensed on Soccer Saturday. Haha, the fucking Manc ****.

Thank fuck for that. Sunderland are a team we should be able to beat Home or Away, but I'm assuming Higginbotham's goal knocked them back a bit.

it looked like he was gonna kill someone today in MOTD interview.

Wow. We got beat by ****ing Inverness.

Now Rangers have two games in hand against the two worst teams in the league, and are only 2 points behind us.

Pretty intense game today. Liverpool did look like they played better to me, they just couldn't produce something on the end of it, that and the United defence played well.

I think Evra is one of the best players ever. He's just awesome, him and Vidic. I hate Ferdinand, always trying those long balls up. I wish he'd stop.

Brown I hope he doesn't leave, he's a valuable member of the team. Better than O'shea would be.

The Liverpool Man Utd game was good fun to watch, I think Liverpool were a tad unlucky, but seeing as how I can't fucking stand them, I'm glad they lost. Don't mind Man Utd so much. :P

The Arsenal v Chelsea game is a tad frustrating if not very entertaining. I wish more would happen, though.

We beat Chelski but looked a bit shaky luckily they only had Shevchenko up front he's so slow and has a awful first touch.

Dammit Liverpool!

Same old story of lots of possession but just no cutting edge. Torres faded badly in the second half and Babel was the only one who looked like he knew where the goal was. Two league defeats in a row now. :(

AC Milan captain Paolo Maldini has revealed he will retire at the end of the season.

Iconic defender Maldini, 39, made the announcement after Milan's 4-2 victory against Boca Juniors in the Fifa Club World Cup final in Japan on Sunday.

"Today I truly feel satisfied with what I have achieved," said the former Italy star, who earlier this year won his fifth Champions League title.

"In June I will absolutely retire without any regrets."

Since making his league debut in 1985, Maldini has enjoyed a host of honours with Milan, including two Intercontinental Cups (the forerunner of the Club World Cup), four European SuperCups and seven Serie A titles. He has been feted as one of the greatest defenders in the history of the game.

But lifting the Club World Cup trophy proved to be the icing on the cake for the veteran star, who also played a record 126 games for Italy between 1988 and 2002.

"It's great to have won this trophy because it's difficult to be playing at 39 in a great club like AC Milan," he added.

"Milan has allowed me always the possibility to play for important trophies.

"I have had everything in my football career but I have pain and I struggle. I still have a lot of fun but the pain is beginning to take over."

The only success missing in Maldini's career is an international honour with Italy.

He was on the losing side in the 1994 World Cup final when Brazil won on penalties, and in Euro 2000, when France took the trophy with a 2-1 victory in extra-time.

Utter legend, shocking to think he made his debut before most of the pople on this forum where born. :awesome:

We beat Chelski but looked a bit shaky luckily they only had Shevchenko up front he's so slow and has a awful first touch.

Fuck off. We were all over them! We should've and could've won by more. Magnificent performance.

ROFL @ the gimp who said we were on a downward slope!!

WE ARE TOP THE LEAGUE!

SAY WE ARE TOP THE LEAGUE!

Fuck off. We were all over them! We should've and could've won by more. Magnificent performance.

ROFL @ the gimp who said we were on a downward slope!!

WE ARE TOP THE LEAGUE!

SAY WE ARE TOP THE LEAGUE!

you are top of the league! and you played well too suprisingly.

but were still right behind you! waiting to pounce.

anyone else think anderson will be the best player in the prem in a few seasons time? i mean in 3-4 years time the dude will rule football! totally dominated gerrard and mascherano today.

You might think we were all over them because we were able to play them on the counter because they pressed forward in the second half but we didn't keep the ball nearly as well, our defence was shaky especially in the last 15-20 mins probably because of recent games which might have gone punished if Drogba started, Shevchenko was let down by bad touch several times and slowed down the play for them.

It was a very scrappy game especially, both teams gave the ball away needlessly at times.

I was expecting more of a easier game for us since they were missing Essien, Drogba, Carvalho, Malouda and Terry (when he got injured) when we had Fabregas and Hleb back I don't think both should have played I really wanted to see RVP start.

I watched both games yesterday, and I still can't understand for the life of me how Liverpool didn't manage to score. I had my heart in my mouth a few times, we were very lucky.

Evra is fucking immense. He was, by far, the man of the match. Ferdinand was a class act, as well. It was also great to see Hargreaves and Anderson getting stuck in. Dare I say it, but they could possibly be the new prefered midfield pairing for United now. Anderson looks great going forward, Hargreaves is solid and can mop up at the back.

A draw would have been a fair result, but to win at Anfield is a great feeling. :D

The Arsenal game: I actually enjoyed watching this game, it was a lot more intense than I thought it was going to be. Good attacking play from both sides, good defensive displays, and a lot of aggression.

But, for an Arsenal team with the players they had to play at home against a Chelsea team, whose sole attacking threat came in the form of Shevchenko, I didn't see the result going any other way. Chelsea need more firepower.

you are top of the league! and you played well too suprisingly.

but were still right behind you! waiting to pounce.

anyone else think anderson will be the best player in the prem in a few seasons time? i mean in 3-4 years time the dude will rule football! totally dominated gerrard and mascherano today.

To say he dominated Gerrard and Mascherano is abit over the top dont you think

Clueless Man Utd fan, ignore him. ;)

On Capello watched his conference today, quite impressed he seems very serious. Not like previous managers giving nervous smiles, he was straight faced and determined.

well gerrard was non existant in the second half but mascherano tried to do something, didnt get far. all you kept seeing is anderson and hrgreeves getting the ball in midfeild which resulted in absolutly no great threat from liverpool in the second half untill bable came on. the lads sat back infront of the back four and protected it perfectly.

ramar, please prove me wrong.

Seeing as it's taken up half this thread, I think it's worth mentioning that I've just seen on Sky Sports News that Liverpool's new stadium plans are going to be significantly cut back, downgraded and downsized.

Reds revise stadium plans

Chief executive Rick Parry admits Liverpool's new stadium will not be as 'dramatic' as first planned.

Seeing as it's taken up half this thread, I think it's worth mentioning that I've just seen on Sky Sports News that Liverpool's new stadium plans are going to be significantly cut back, downgraded and downsized.

I heard that too. I wish Ant was still here to laugh at.