NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

I would like Osman to score as hes in my fantasy football team :)

Can you see into the future?

Everton 2-1

Can you see into the future?

Everton 2-1

:awesome: really good game this, mainly because Spurs cant defend for shit.

Its not the strikers that are the problem its the utterly gas service they got. Cant think of anything of note Jenas/Zokora/Malbranque did all night. Routledge was marginally better when he came on.

nevermind the defenders, Robinson is 'playing' poo

Ain't seen that before now have we :heh:

It's not really a shock considering Spurs looked poor at the Sunderland game at the weekend. (I was there) Sunderland were just a hard-working side and made spurs look like they had ran out of ideas before the half time whistle. Jol needs to sort the team out. I'm sure the've never really replaced Carrick and when King is injured they look poor during he transition from midfield to defense. Teams quicker on the counter will really hammer Spurs if they don't get their act together. Defensively they have been poor, poor.

they need dawson back, he was a class act last year.

so much for getting into the top 4 huh?

they need dawson back, he was a class act last year.

so much for getting into the top 4 huh?

It's still early days, but the Spuds doing better than us is still a pipe dream.

I went to the pub to watch the Spurs game, and was pretty shocked at the defensive display. I was also partially shocked at how well Everton played. They actually looked a pretty solid team. Good going forward, pretty tight at the back, and Arteta pulled the strings well in midfield.

About tomorrow's game against Pompey: I class it as a must-win game. We need to put the draw against Reading behind us. Above all, we need a performance. A Champion's Performance.

I went to the pub to watch the Spurs game, and was pretty shocked at the defensive display. I was also partially shocked at how well Everton played. They actually looked a pretty solid team. Good going forward, pretty tight at the back, and Arteta pulled the strings well in midfield.

About tomorrow's game against Pompey: I class it as a must-win game. We need to put the draw against Reading behind us. Above all, we need a performance. A Champion's Performance.

This will be my first season on the forum and already people are showing signs of the dreaded Knee Jerk....

If you lose granted it will be a set back but Must Win?

A Draw at Fratton Park would be a good result....

I know it sounds Ironic but seriously...

*Calm Down Calm Down*

were 2 points behind chelsea, liverpool and arsenal. garanteed liverpool and arsenal will lose points but chelsea will be hard to catch if we fall tomorrow.

not woried about the other 2 teams as we can give them a 20 point head start and still catch them :p

No, because we do need to get a victory under our belt. Most of all, we need a strong performance, to show that we mean business. United have always either started off at a fiery pace (like last season) or have got off to a sluggish start, like in previous seasons. We need to get the fire burning and especially with teams like Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool with a win under their belt, we need to keep up with the competition.

If we can get the performance and get the win, I will be satisfied. But, imo, we can't afford to drop more points. As a Liverpool fan, surely you know this from last season?

not woried about the other 2 teams as we can give them a 20 point head start and still catch them :p

Keegan made a similar mistake years back, so don't be too cocky.

No, because we do need to get a victory under our belt. Most of all, we need a strong performance, to show that we mean business. United have always either started off at a fiery pace (like last season) or have got off to a sluggish start, like in previous seasons. We need to get the fire burning and especially with teams like Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool with a win under their belt, we need to keep up with the competition.

If we can get the performance and get the win, I will be satisfied. But, imo, we can't afford to drop more points. As a Liverpool fan, surely you know this from last season?

Yeah I sure do but we were technically inferior as a team to Man Utd Last Season...

But it sounds as if some Man Utd fans are saying this game is make or break when it isn't the case...

Besides a good start is great but You should only worry if you haven't raked up a win during August...

Worrying now is pointless

Besides your lucky to have such a game played now, Fratton Park is best to get out the way ASAP...

Yeah I sure do but we were technically inferior as a team to Man Utd Last Season...

But it sounds as if some Man Utd fans are saying this game is make or break when it isn't the case...

Besides a good start is great but You should only worry if you haven't raked up a win during August...

Worrying now is pointless

Besides your lucky to have such a game played now, Fratton Park is best to get out the way ASAP...

Exactly, Fratton park is a tough place to play, so there would be no better result than to kickstart our season there.

I just think that we need to look like THE team to beat this season. Last season we looked and played tough, and we just didn't seem that way on Sunday. But if you always think "oh, dont worry, there still is the next game" then its a dangerous mindset. You have to take it one game at a time, and every game is win-able. Last season there was rarely a game where we didn't look dangerous, or gave 100%. We can't afford to be complacent, especially with strong teams like Chelsea, who will no doubt be hurt from finishing second place last season, competing against us.

Bah Toulouse v Liverpool, Voronin and Crouch to start..

Heres who I reckon it will pan out

Reina

Arbeloa Agger Hyypia Riise

Benayoun Sissoko Alonso Babel

Crouch Voronin

Was going to put Gerrard in there but imagine he will be on the bench....

Also Everton are top of the league wouldn't be suprised to see them bring out a DVD the clueless muppets...

We've got Sparta Prague tonight, hoping to find a stream of it on the web..

In other news, I got pompey tickets. First three home games of the season booked, w00t. Derby tickets go on sale tomorrow, dink dank doo.

Edit- Cheers Ant ;)

Tell you something though really excited for Sunday...

Got New Football Top

Old Scarf has been cleaned

Jeans are ready

Shoes are shining

Cannae Fuggin Wait...

I've already posted my pre-match ritual but it will be slightly altered with it being a Sunday Kick Off...

Get Up

Get Showered

Shaved,

Sit in Towel

Listen to Music

Get Ready

Grandad drops me off outside "The Oakfield"

Talk to Mates

Get Ticket

Walk Down,

Get Curry

Watch Match

Get Out

Go Pub

Go Home

Go Bed...

In that Order...

COME ON FOOTBALL!

And I find ant that whenever I go to a big footy match, as you are walking to the stadium, slap out the ipod put on Kasabians - Club foot, gets me proper hyped up and is the perfect pre-match tune :)

That was our entrance song last season. Definitely one to boost your hype and excitement, got me going mental before games.

Though on Sunday they played Elvis' Wonder of You, which the big wigs hope we can adopt as some form of anthemn. The song is good, got the hairs on my neck tingling when they played it loud. But I was expecting Club Foot.

In other news, I got pompey tickets. First three home games of the season booked, w00t. Derby tickets go on sale tomorrow, dink dank doo.

Edit- Cheers Ant ;)

Same here man, hopefully there's a good stream about....

btw I got tickets to see Arsenal vs Sparta Prague on the 29th!! Very happy. Will be the 2nd time I have gone to the Emirates!

Might try and get Portsmouth tickets if there are any on sale to red members...I take it you are a silver member??

EDIT: There are tickets but too damn expensive....£66 to see us against Portsmouth? No thanks.

Have you got a link to this?