NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

Oi Ramar!!! :) I might hate the moaning german ****, but hes a great keeper at times.

My apologies. I skimmed most of the posts, once I found something to reply to. ;)

anyone seen enough of Craig Gordon down south to have an opinion?

sublime

to the

ridiculous

Not that bad a mistake really he just failed to catch the ball in a difficult position.

how about the best keepers in the world?

buffon? toldo? khan?

id say:

chec

buffon

VDS

VDS was one of main reasons united won the league.

Suprised we voted to reduce the points deduction tbh. Because as a club we have always been run at a profit certainy in the last 10 years. Infact we where one of the main clubs to kick up a fuss about points being deducted for going into administration.

Anyway personaly I think the punishment should stand anyway, not because I have anything against Leeds. But because you broke the rules despite what Ken Bates says. You got off very lightly compared to some clubs. (see Boston United for example) I refuse to believe that he wasnt planning to put you in administration for a long time.

Its also very pathetic for the club blaiming the taxman for this. Its money you owe them ffs of course there going to do everything in there power to get the money back. Unluck a lot of Leeds creditors they arent by a certain Ken Bates after all......

What rules were broken exactly? Can you point it out to me in the FL rule book?

(Legitimate question - didnt mean it to sound sarky)

I cant point it out in the FL rule book because well ive got better things to do then read through it. But this article with quotes from someone at the FL says you where deducted points for breaking the rules that govern how clubs go into and out of administration.

But in making their decision, it was stressed they could not allow Leeds to operate outside the strict rules concerning administration.

606: DEBATE

Give your reaction to the latest developments at Leeds Utd

Leeds are back under the control of Ken Bates after administrators KPMG sold the club to him for an undisclosed sum.

The CVA would have allowed Leeds to pay off an acceptable amount of their debts to creditors.

"The Football League Board agreed that, notwithstanding the manner in which this administration has been conducted, the club should be permitted to continue in the Football League," said a statement.

"Consequently, the board has decided to make use of the 'exceptional circumstances' provision within the League's insolvency policy, for the first time, and agreed to transfer the club's share in The Football League to LeedsUnited 2007 Ltd. Accordingly, the club's share has now been transferred.

"However, it is acknowledged the club did go into administration and has been unable to comply with the terms of the League's well-established insolvency policy.

We are now planning the appeal and we are able to complete the squad rebuilding for the 2007/08 season

Leeds statement

"As a result, the board determined this transfer of membership should be subject to Leeds United having a 15-point deduction applicable from the beginning of the 2007/08 season."

Football League chairman Lord Mawhinney met with both KPMG and Bates, telling them to change the CVA, which governs how much creditors will get.

Leeds have lodged an appeal against this sanction, which will be heard at a special meeting of all League clubs, to be arranged in due course.

A club statement said: "The club has received an amount of criticism from supporters for not keeping them up to date with developments during what has been a very difficult time for us all.

"We appreciate this policy was difficult for fans to accept, but please be assured that this has been done in the best interests of Leeds United, which is justified by the return of the share.

"We are now planning the appeal and we are able to complete the squad rebuilding for the 2007/08 season, albeit with only one week to go before our first League One game at Tranmere."

Leeds boss Dennis Wise has said not being able to sign players has been a problem and hopes the punishment can be lessened.

"We need to get 105 points now to win the league," he told Five Live. "It's different.

"We have to get on with it. It's something that has been put in front of us and we have to deal with it.

"Hopefully, something will happen, a few things will change and it won't be 15 points because it's not a nice situation to be in."

If you actually knew what you were talking about you would know that we didn't break the rules that the FL league set out for entering administration.

The FL requires every club to agree a CVA when exiting administration. Leeds could not get their creditors to agree one. But under FL rules, there is a special circumstances clause that was put in place for situation exactly like Leeds found themselves in.

When the HMRC challenged the CVA why should the football club be punished by the football authorities for the taxman flexing his muscle in a non-football situation?

The FL admitted after some time that there were exceptional circumstances in the Leeds case, yet sanctioned a 15 points penalty?? Where in the FL rulebook does it state that a 15 point penalty is automatically received if failing to agree a CVA??

Nowhere.

This was a witch-hunt from the start. Nobody in the Football League likes Leeds United. Nobody in the Football League likes Ken Bates. The fact that people who would directly benefit from this penalty were allowed vote on it's validity is also a complete joke.

But, there's nothing we can do about it now. The Football League treated the Leeds case very badly and very irresponsibly. Maybe UEFA will have something to say about it. When the Italian clubs appealed their match fixing penalties UEFA reduced them substantially. A 15 point penalty for a business matter is wrong. Hopefully UEFA or FIFa will see that if this 15 points penalty stand it puts their handling of the Italian affair to shame.

If you actually knew what you were talking about you would know that we didn't break the rules that the FL league set out for entering administration.

The FL requires every club to agree a CVA when exiting administration. Leeds could not get their creditors to agree one. But under FL rules, there is a special circumstances clause that was put in place for situation exactly like Leeds found themselves in.

When the HMRC challenged the CVA why should the football club be punished by the football authorities for the taxman flexing his muscle in a non-football situation?

The FL admitted after some time that there were exceptional circumstances in the Leeds case, yet sanctioned a 15 points penalty?? Where in the FL rulebook does it state that a 15 point penalty is automatically received if failing to agree a CVA??

Nowhere.

This was a witch-hunt from the start. Nobody in the Football League likes Leeds United. Nobody in the Football League likes Ken Bates. The fact that people who would directly benefit from this penalty were allowed vote on it's validity is also a complete joke.

But, there's nothing we can do about it now. The Football League treated the Leeds case very badly and very irresponsibly. Maybe UEFA will have something to say about it. When the Italian clubs appealed their match fixing penalties UEFA reduced them substantially. A 15 point penalty for a business matter is wrong. Hopefully UEFA or FIFa will see that if this 15 points penalty stand it puts their handling of the Italian affair to shame.

UEFA had nothing to do with it was the Italian FA. It doesnt state you get a 15 point penalty but it does state you arent allowed back into the football league though without the CVA. It was the exceptional circumstances clause that allowed you back in, but they couldnt let you back in scot free. Look what happened to Boston. Seriously if it was a smaller club then Leeds they would be currently playing in the Isthiman League not League one.

UEFA had nothing to do with it was the Italian FA. It doesnt state you get a 15 point penalty but it does state you arent allowed back into the football league though without the CVA. It was the exceptional circumstances clause that allowed you back in, but they couldnt let you back in scot free. Look what happened to Boston. Seriously if it was a smaller club then Leeds they would be currently playing in the Isthiman League not League one.

Thats 100% true

Do sunderland think they are going to beat Tottenham just because they have a famous manager. They have always been shit, they are shit, and they are going to be SHIT. Mackams will be relagated once again.

And so it begins! Love it. Sunderland vs Spurs.

Crowd singing hey jude but singing na na na nanananaaaaaaa Keano!

*hugs football*

So glad you're back.

Football Is Back and that Prick Roy Keane is back as well..

Isn't their something like 15 Live Games Stretched over Setanta and Sky from Various leagues per Weekend (Including Monday and Friday)...

If So

Ker-Ching...

Why is their some parts of the Stadium of Light Empty.......

Seriously....Arm Chair Fans FTL.....

Why is their some parts of the Stadium of Light Empty.......

Seriously....Arm Chair Fans FTL.....

Looks pretty full to me and anyway does it matter? just cos some people can't afford to go to every single match doesn't make them an arm chair fan.

Dont you know? All mackems are unemployed. They buy tinned beans from Asda whilst scrounging coppers from pedestrians because 'they dont have enough money for the bus'

Looks pretty full to me and anyway does it matter? just cos some people can't afford to go to every single match doesn't make them an arm chair fan.

If you look towards the upper tier of the end Spurs are shooting it is virtually empty, it would be as bad if this wasn't the first game of the season when they are promoted and need all the support they can get.

It's very rarely down to money it's down to lack of fans and lazyness...

Just don't understand why their continously seems to be empty seats in games like these around the country, Wigan (Mind you it is a rugby town), Fulham, to name a few....And you can't exactly say Fulham is the most poor part of the country can you...

I would of killed to be at a game like that....

Saw that coming. Deserved it though. Tottenham were playing poooooooooooo

Argh, Sunderland. I didn't mind em before when they were in the Premier League, but now with Roy Keane at the helm its a bit much.

Looks like thats Spurs hopes of a top four finish gone... :heh:

Sunderland played well, still think they'll struggle to score goals this year though. After all not every defence is going to have Clown Gardner and his quality marking in it. Spurs looked shit absolutly no creativity or width in midfield. Sunderlands defence looked solid though. McShane was my motm kept Berbatov pretty quiet.

Richardson was awful mind dont remember him completing a pass.

Was very impressed with Sunderland defensively. Spurs only managed 1 shot. Amazing work, Well done keano.

Crowd singing hey jude but singing na na na nanananaaaaaaa Keano!

They nicked that off us, we sing it with "Geordies" at the end.

3-0 up after 30 minutes against Bolton, crowd sining "Keano, he wanks his dog you know, he wanks his dog you know, he wanks his dog you know..."

I couldn't help but laugh when I found out that a Geordie scored for the Mackems. :laughing:

newcastel pwoned bolton, guess big sam was right to leave bolton as they reached their max potential under him. its all down hill from here for them.

Get the fuck in there Leeds!!

Came from behind to win 2-1 against the Trannies!!

KANDOL!! Wooh!!

-12 boys!!

The last rites were played out to the sound of the Leeds fans chanting "we're gonna win the league" as the climb to recover the 15 points started in earnest.

I couldn't help but laugh when I found out that a Geordie scored for the Mackems. :laughing:

Not the first, Geordie boy Lee Clark played well for them until the great unwashed saw a picture of him at a Newcastle FA Cup game wearing a "Sad Mackem Bastards" t-shirt another fan gave to him. They had to sell him after that and he was probably their best player haha.

Fuckin brilliant match. Wasnt many chances, but Sunderland played good football. For a team that many expect to finish top 4, spurs looked light up front and were always under pressure.

Keano has got Sunderland playing good defensively, with Mcshane and co - and they never give up going forward and boy did it pay off. Great to see Chopra get that late goal.

For this season, I will be cheering on Sunderland as a 2nd team the whole way, Love what keanes doin there. Also wierd to hear the Sunderland support singing and that, usually its a ghost town.

Are you serious? Sunderland are one of the best supported teams in the country, along with Newcastle and Liverpool. Fantastic following.

The only time i remember us struggling to get people in the ground was when Wilko and Cotteril were in charge, what a shambles that was!

Anyway, glad to hear your gonna be rooting for them, im not the only Sunderland fan on here then!:heh: