N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate how people think we should be the best in the world. I find it amazing we consistently are in the top 10 in the FIFA rankings. We should be somewhere in the twenties at the moment in my opinion.

Judging by the quality in your team you should be up high...

Judging by the quality in your team you should be up high...

We may have quality players, but they do not play well for england. Rooney hardly ever scores, Lampard just passes backwards and balsts it over the bar, Joe Cole, as I think fresh put it, tries to be Ronaldinho too much. If the quality of the team was based on the amount of world class players in the team, Chelsea probably would have won the premiership every time since 2003 (God that would be horrible). However, it isnt like that, and England are, in my opinion, an average team who play negative football under a bad manager in Steve McLaren. Also, we'll never win anything with Paul Robinson in goal...

We may have quality players, but they do not play well for england. Rooney hardly ever scores, Lampard just passes backwards and balsts it over the bar, Joe Cole, as I think fresh put it, tries to be Ronaldinho too much. If the quality of the team was based on the amount of world class players in the team, Chelsea probably would have won the premiership every time since 2003 (God that would be horrible). However, it isnt like that, and England are, in my opinion, an average team who play negative football under a bad manager in Steve McLaren. Also, we'll never win anything with Paul Robinson in goal...

Yeah, that's what I was going to say but couldn't word it properly.

You really do needa better keeper, both James and Robinson are average at best. Also, Dyer really is dire. Why is he even in the squad, let alone playing? Owen peaked about 10 years ago. Beckham can't do anything other than take free-kicks...

Yeah, that's what I was going to say but couldn't word it properly.

You really do needa better keeper, both James and Robinson are average at best. Also, Dyer really is dire. Why is he even in the squad, let alone playing? Owen peaked about 10 years ago. Beckham can't do anything other than take free-kicks...

Lol, i always use that Dyer/dire pun. He truly is the worst player playing for england at the moment, I don't know why McLaren even persists with him. Owen is a good player, he just is way too injury prone. He should have never left Liverpool imo, he's gone downhill since then really.

Give it time untill Foster is at his prime then we may have a chance.

Yeah, Foster looks like he has potential. Might be a while though, as keepers tend to peak late. Might be ready for World Cup 2010 (if we qualify), more likely to be ready by 2012 imo.

Aah right. If he wasnt, he might have got a chance this weekend against spurs, cos Van der Saar is injured aswell. Crikey, who's going in goal for Man U then? Spurs better not win. Man U, I actually hope you win for once, just because it's spurs.

Ah yeah, I forgot Man U had him. I thought maybe it'd be some under 19 keeper, or even that John O'Shea would end up in goal! He seems to play everywhere doesnt he. Ah well, atleast it is a keeper who has played in the premiership, hopefully he'll do you well.

Damn, just went on the Arsenal website and found out that Lehmann is injured for two weeks. yes, it may do him good to have a break, but i'd prefer him to Almunia in goal.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=480584&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Keeper+Lehmann+out+injured+for+%27at+least+two+weeks%27

I really rate Foster, watched him quite a few times at his first season for Watford. Quality keeper, definitely one for the future.

As for England, we've got individuals, what we need is a team.

Damn, just went on the Arsenal website and found out that Lehmann is injured for two weeks. yes, it may do him good to have a break, but i'd prefer him to Almunia in goal.

Manuel is a class act, just doesn't get enough chances. Brilliant shot stopper and penalty saver. I think Jens' injury is a little suspect, maybe a little break to recover mentally, because he made a few judge mental errors for Germany too. I'll be right behind Almunia on Saturday, even though his head looks like a lightbulb.