NEurope

Mcj is quite the chap I'll have you know...

Oh and no I don't know what a roasting is, and a practical demonstration will not be needed:blank:

Am I the only straight person that feels the need to post in here btw?

Rokhed has made several posts, as has Flink and Emo.

;479516]Rokhed has made several posts' date=' as has Flink and Emo.[/quote']

Or maybe they are in the process of "Coming Out" :wtf:;)

Rokhed isn't. Flinky just comes and Emo is just here for the cookies.

Ever wondered what your mate's fetish is? I have. Never asked him, be too embarrassed...

I asked my few mates/we just discussed it while intoxicated. Nice insights I guess.

Tonnes of straights have posted, but almost all felt the need to put "I'm not homophobic- I have tonnes of gay friends" and "Just incase you were wondering, I'm not gay".

::shrug:

Yeah, when straight people go on forums they always say they have loads of gay friends. I can honestly say, I know no gays, let alone have any homosexuals as my friends.

Yeah, when straight people go on forums they always say they have loads of gay friends. I can honestly say, I know no gays, let alone have any homosexuals as my friends.

You're 13. Trust me, give it time.

That you know of... ;)

And yeah I think this is Flinky's way of coming out. Har har. Ok, I'll get my coat.

You're 13. Trust me, give it time.

LMAO, genius post. Didn't realise he was 13 heh heh

Fresh as a completely random question, do you use a mac?

And at any rate, just because you are friends with some gays, doesn't mean what you are saying (or if you were to say something) is any less homophobic, or any more justified.

(lol thats very grammatically wrong, but yeah...)

But the fact you refer to heterosexuals as "straights" implies you wish to create an 'otherness' between yourself and them anyway.

(Ex-English student with too much time on his hands)

Erm, how many "straight people" call gay people "gays"? 99% of them.

;479587"]But the fact you refer to heterosexuals as "straights" implies you wish to create an 'otherness' between yourself and them anyway.

(Ex-English student with too much time on his hands)

I could type out straight people, or heterosexual people, but straights is quicker.

:heart:

Erm, how many "straight people" call gay people "gays"? 99% of them.

Yes but that was my point. There is something very hostile, and as I said 'othering', about the term "gays". Reversing it doesn't make it any less so.

I could type out straight people, or heterosexual people, but straights is quicker.

:heart:

Laziness is the silent killer.

;479593]Yes but that was my point. There is something very hostile' date=' and as I said 'othering', about the term "gays". Reversing it doesn't make it any less so.

[/quote']

I agree, I hate the terms 'gays', really drives me fucking mental, but have to live with it sadly.

Homosexuals is worse.

It just sounds like its a medical thing they spread leaflets around about how to prevent it.

(Lol my grammar is horrible today)

I agree, I hate the terms 'gays', really drives me fucking mental, but have to live with it sadly.

I love your new sig, awesome.

Back on topic, I agree with chairdriver, typing in 'straight' is so much easier than typing in 'hetrosexual'.

But it wasn't "straight", it was "straights". The pluralisation is a generalisation (gotta love the English language and its '-ation's.) and again, reverses a term many find negative.

Im not particularly fussed, just felt like pointing it out.

;479626]But it wasn't "straight"' date=' it was "straights". The pluralisation is a generalisation (gotta love the English language and its '-ation's.) and again, reverses a term many find negative.

Im not particularly fussed, just felt like pointing it out.[/quote']

Whoah, whoah! I'm in year 8, you expect me to understand that?

Whoah, whoah! I'm in year 8, you expect me to understand that?

Alright.

My pluralising it (ie 'straights' rather than 'straight') you are suggesting that heterosexuals are all the same, they are part of one large groups; straights.

Also. It is just the opposite of the term "gays", which many homosexual people find offensive or at least a way for non-homosexual people to create a sense that they are in someway "other" than themselves. If that makes sense, I tried to clarify that more but became stuck.

Fresh as a completely random question, do you use a mac?

Why do you ask?

Out of interest, how many homosexuals do we have on this site? Just curious is all!

Out of interest, how many homosexuals do we have on this site? Just curious is all!

lol I hate to make it seem like a register, but I'm curious too.

You can add me.

I love your new sig, awesome.

Cheers, it's only a temporary one for now to be honest.

Why do you ask?

Just wondering, I'm tempted to switch and I'd like more opinions of those in the graphics industry that's all.

;479626]But it wasn't "straight"' date=' it was "straights". The pluralisation is a generalisation (gotta love the English language and its '-ation's.) and again, reverses a term many find negative.

Im not particularly fussed, just felt like pointing it out.[/quote']

Agree completely with you, except that I am fussed. Odd since I don't really believe in any of that 'PC' stuff.

Well it's about 1 in 10 or 12 in real life, so assume about 1 in 10/12 here.

Just wondering, I'm tempted to switch and I'd like more opinions of those in the graphics industry that's all.

Na mate. Totally PC.