NEurope

I don't know how much feeling I have just because it was a gay couple. Of course thats not fair, but people do get attacked all the time for money, race, sexuality etc, it just doesn't stand out there imo.

But yes its bad and horrible etc.

Didn't know you were into stabbing people, Chair. I'm sure Oxford is big enough for two gays.

It's more the fact that I walk up and down that road most days of my life.

I guess that makes it worse.

But it also reminds me of when a friend said to their housemate 'don't walk along that road, somebody got raped', a road does not determine where you will get raped.

It amused me somewhat, although I'm not applying you are saying the same thing.

a road does not determine where you will get raped.

no, but its certainly a factor to consider. some streets are more secluded, less well lit, have fewer people walking down them. obviously a rapist would choose a road a road that was less likly to get them caught.

obviously there are many outher factors, but the location has a large effect on crime.

no, but its certainly a factor to consider. some streets are more secluded, less well lit, have fewer people walking down them. obviously a rapist would choose a road a road that was less likly to get them caught.

obviously there are many outher factors, but the location has a large effect on crime.

I guess you could see it like that and it is a good point, but my issue was she was telling a person to stay off a certain road when this girl could very well be raped anywhere else in town if she wasn't careful.

It just seemed abit mind boggling to me, although I'm not particularly wary of areas.

Advert banned from being shown during the SuperBowl (the biggest TV event of the American calendar, seen by bazillions):

Thoughts? Opinions? Outrages?

It's a royally shit advert anyway, and it wasn't banned, it was rejected. The Superbowl people reject hundreds of adverts because they get so many requests. I'm sure there are far better made and more worthy adverts that actually had some effort put into their making. Plus, is airing a gay dating website commercial during a football match really aiming for the right demographic? I think not.

It's a royally shit advert anyway, and it wasn't banned, it was rejected. The Superbowl people reject hundreds of adverts because they get so many requests. I'm sure there are far better made and more worthy adverts that actually had some effort put into their making. Plus, is airing a gay dating website commercial during a football match really aiming for the right demographic? I think not.

Well they said "you can try again with a different advert" which is a polite way of banning this particular one.

But yeah, I'm not sure what the idea was in terms of demographics. But perhaps everyone does watch the game. It would appear that way sometimes.

(and technically you pay to have the advert on, so as long as they're willing to cough up it shouldn't be a case of rejecting it, and if you really want it on you pay over the odds. But neither here nor there).

Plus, is airing a gay dating website commercial during a football match really aiming for the right demographic? I think not.

Very true. Only straight people like American Football.

I don't think sex(uality) and Superbowl go together.

jacksonheader.jpg

Her career hasn't recovered since Superbowl 2004. Such a stupid thing to be so controversial.

I call it 'The Jackson Celebrityisation'.

Basically; related to Michael Jackson = celebrity, regardless of own mediocrity.

Also works for Alec Baldwin, Lindsay Lohan and Groucho Marx.

Yeah but I recently actually listened to her music and it's pretty good (late 80's - late 90's anyway).

Strangely forgotten tunes that are way better than what her brother was doing during the 90's/00's.

It's fun, but not one her best singles (from what I've listened to recently).

I thinking more along the lines of

Which is far more rocky.

There was a classic letter is the local paper yesterday. I'm going to post it later when I have time (if we still have it). The letter said that the reason why schools are getting shut is because there are no Children in Wales. And, there are no children because of too many straighties turning to the gay side and because of too many females having abortions.

I had a great chuckle to myself. There's definitely no shortage of children...It's more likely down to the fact that Wales is so incredibly financially poor at the moment. There is no economy. Nowt to do with Homosexuals taking control of Ze Wurld.

There was a classic letter is the local paper yesterday. I'm going to post it later when I have time (if we still have it). The letter said that the reason why schools are getting shut is because there are no Children in Wales. And, there are no children because of too many straighties turning to the gay side and because of too many females having abortions.

I had a great chuckle to myself. There's definitely no shortage of children...It's more likely down to the fact that Wales is so incredibly financially poor at the moment. There is no economy. Nowt to do with Homosexuals taking control of Ze Wurld.

See, something like this just annoys me. More specifically, ignorance annoys me. Not even stupidity annoys me as much as ignorance. We all do stupid things once in a while. We learn from them and move on. But being ignorant and narrow-minded ... there just isn't any excuse.

i do love the letters in papers.

a recent one in the express beamoned the UK giving away money in forgen aid despite the fact we have a huge national debt. they actualy begrudged us giving money to haite. it was hillariously daft.

i do love the letters in papers.

The Dear Deidre ones are amazing [most of them] Just to hear some of the rubbish they come out with. One letter today was about some bloke who dumped his girlfriend because she was too good at blow jobs who went on to say that his current girlfriend wasn't good enough.

Very true. Only straight people like American Football.

I'm not saying that, but there's definitely (and unfortunately, I might add) a lower turnout on the gay side. Hey, I might be wrong.