NEurope
Wesley

Summer Jobs

Do you live in Manchester?

I do...*raises hand*

I have no idea where to search for a job. I've tried once, and didn't get it so I think I just can't be bothered trying anymore..

Do you live in Manchester?

No. I'm not that good. I live in Edinburgh, depite being English to the naked eye.

Why do you ask?

;455105]Interviews are easy' date=' just wear a low-cut top.

But seriously they're shit really, artifical as hell. Just be yourself but be confident and positive. I've only had two but I've done interviewed quite a few people. It depends on who is interviewing you but its always good if you just chat. You need to work with these people afterall.[/quote']

Just home from the interview now, I think it went fairly well. The two guys interviewing me were pretty cool and that really helped me to get over my nervousness. They seemed pretty happy with me, they told me they'd ring me later to let me know. I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

I've applied for a job in Sainsburys this summer, i'll probably be a floor sweep. By the end i might make it to the till. :D then get sacked for my inability to count money. :(

I have a summer job.

Its called my full time job...cos' you know...you dont get summer off unless you use your holidays. Which Im not really doing for summer (Yes Im crazy)

[/Work Sucks]

Lol.

Grrr i need to get working! CV writing today, might resort to using temping agencies but i've never used one before so eeeek!

I need to start writing a CV... Haven't done so in about 5-7 years.

I find myself lacking in the job department, normally I would rape myself back to Sainsbury's, however they're tightening the reins on who can join their illustrious ranks [iE EVERYONE CAN'T!] They've devised this genius scheme that if they train everyone on everything and shift them around a bit [despite there being less staff] everything will move smoothly. This, I think you'll agree, is bullshit.

Yesterday I phoned up for a job dishwashing at a hotel!

Im sure Ive gotten it. Minimum wage ftw!

I've been called in for this Thursday and Friday to go in and work.Wonder if they'll need me anymore,especially since I want another job :heh:

I´m going to do some gardening and things like that in a local Stora Enso paper mill in July. Sure it´s pretty boring but they pay quite a lot and I also desperately need to get some content in my CV.

I don't understand when companies need experience...where are you meant to go to get this experience if everyone wants experience for you to start?

I don't understand when companies need experience...where are you meant to go to get this experience if everyone wants experience for you to start?

thats where LIES come in handy. . .

I've got some shifts booked at the hospital now, which is basically because I have a flexible 'job' where I get work as and when they need me, so there's kind of always a job there but no actual obligation to work(or for them to provide work, but it's the nhs so there's always gonna be if you look hard enough). I've actually got 3 nights booked in the next week, which pays more than working during the day, which is pretty good considering the base pay is above minimum wage anyway!

Yesterday I phoned up for a job dishwashing at a hotel!

Im sure Ive gotten it. Minimum wage ftw!

MINIMUM WAGE FTW! I'm on £3.30 a hour >_> nice.

Although its not the hardest of jobs and I enjoy the people a lot..(ex and best mate) so I don't mind, except when my other best mate always goes.. HAHAHAHA minimum wage.. gutted.

I've been called in for this Thursday and Friday to go in and work.Wonder if they'll need me anymore,especially since I want another job :heh:

I told my work I'm leaving start of August. As they only ask for your week's hours as notice, and as for some reason I'm still listed as 4, I am free to leave at any point :D

Anyway. Non-minimum wage is more win than minimum wage :p £5.40 an hour plus £42ish extra per fortnight.

Although they got me working 47 hours (well paid 47, working 52) this week. Buggerluggs.

I got paid extra for 'Holiday Pay' which was an extra 50p an hour which was a pretty good surprise for me.

Above minimum wage FTW.