N-Europe

Halo 3 Beta Thread

Hero-of-Time

Ah, so the long wait is finally over for you guys! I hope at least some of you will catch up on your sleep, lol.

I'll try out the beta after I pass the exam and my 360 arrives. :)

I wouldn't worry about the jaggies too much. As it's a still just a beta, Bungie can always slap on some FSAA via a small patch or on the final product.

Man, so much to try out in demos. DOA4, Dead Rising, Burnout, Lost Planet, Halo 3, and maybe FEAR.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jordan

After a few more rounds, i've decided this game has HUGELY benefitted from spike grenades and the return of the assualt rifle.

Less plasma grenades seem to be around and far, far less SMG's and the turret gun is way too good at both short and long range to be honest.

Guest Jordan
I have a problem

I suck at this game.. yeah this is my first Halo but im getting totaly owned!

Best bet is to fire on approach, throw grenades towards your target and melee when up close. Works every time.

I downloaded it this morning, took an hour and finished at about 9 and I've been playing since.

I love it, they seem to have taken all the best bits from Halo 1 and 2 and put then put them together. I can't wait for the final game now. I like the new ranking system too, you get two different ranks now, your playlist rank and overall rank.

Guest Jordan

What the hell is going on? I'm kicking ass.

I sucked so hard at Halo 2, but i am seriously owning in 3.

Annoyingly, i just played a classic 'omg we're losing, lets leave early' game.

I got 20 of the 35 kills of our team, getting double and tripple kills when it was 2 on 4.

Guest Stefkov

I wanted to get up early to get this....slept for 12 hours though hahaha.

Only just woke up, means not a lot of peopel will be downloading it then if people stayed up

I wanted to get up early to get this....slept for 122 hours though hahaha.

Only just woke up, means not a lot of peopel will be downloading it then if people stayed up

122 hours!

Gea, Halo tonight anyone?

lol.

Guest Stefkov
122 hours!

Gea, Halo tonight anyone?

lol.

That wasn't me playing online yesterday, Gears, that was someone else who was playing rubbish :heh I was sleeping

10% complete already, I'll play tonight

lol

Argh.

I can't actually win a game of Slayer apart from the very first one I played. I do well every single game, 15 kills or quite often more, but I get let down by the rest of my team. In the last game a guy in the other team got 36 kills, other people in his team go 5, 4 and 1.

I'm doing well in Skirmish though.

i sucked at halo 2 online and i will suck at this.. but there are those funny moments that makes it worthwhile.. like one time some supermothafukakiller was chasing me around some colum and i was out of ammo and low on everything else.. i just thought what the hell.. i turned around and ran into him and meeled him.. he went down like a ton of bricks and i think i would have been able to hear him yell and curse without any headset

Guest Stefkov

Had my first game and killed twice. the game finished then went all wierd...took me bak to tlooby or something then started next game. Loading waiting for other player, (along those lines) then didnt do anything.

Just restarted it.