NEurope
Slaggis

*OFFICIAL* Desperate Housewives thread

This show is awesome. Sunday on E4 @ 10 or Channel 4 during the week.

Its witty, clever and every episode this season has been laugh out loud funny. I just love the utterly mental story lines they manage to come out with.

Anyways! Anyone else enjoy the show? What do you think of Season 4 so far?

dh_desktop2_1024_768.jpg

Wheres the unofficial thread? Geez, the word "official" in a title does not add forum credit.

Anyway, enough moaning. Yes, good show. Missing Bree though. She is clearly the bestest.

Love this showww, very funny.

I will be avoiding this topic though cause I've only seen up to the end of season two. They won't be showing the third season here till the end of the year. =(

But yes, everyone go watch it! =D

Sorry for the word official, but i saw a thread where someone complained it wasn't in there so i thought what the hell.

The new series is the best yet. The one on E4 at the moment is awesome.

But yes, everyone go watch it! =D

We'll try not to put spoilers in, or if we do we'll use that spoiler thingy so as not to ruin it for people still watching previous episodes. :)

It revived TV in america and led to ABC gambling on other shows that turned out to be massive hits too, including lost and greys anatomy.

Que?

Lost started the same time as Desperate Housewives, and would have probably been greenlit beforehand due to the much more time consuming pilot.

And TV wasn't 'revived' by Desperate Housewives, the continuing drama series perhaps was mainstreamed (by that and Lost that year) but the kind of audiences DH gets has been gotten by shows like Friends and, heaven forbid, American Idol, for years before it came along.

*is starting to hate the word official*

As it happens, I'm watching next week's right now, well funny bit with susan! It's got such a great cast, and scripts, it's fantastic.

Yeah, I'm watching it too now.

There was news it's viewers had dropped in the US to about 17 million.

People kept saying its going to be cancelled.

But anyway, its been renewed 'till its 7th season which is rather awesome. Hopefully they can keep it fresh until then.

;433085]Que?

Lost started the same time as Desperate Housewives' date=' and would have probably been greenlit beforehand due to the much more time consuming pilot.

And TV wasn't 'revived' by Desperate Housewives, the continuing drama series perhaps was mainstreamed (by that and Lost that year) but the kind of audiences DH gets has been gotten by shows like Friends and, heaven forbid, American Idol, for years before it came along.[/quote']

Sorry, I meant to put ABC, not tv. It did? Oh well, that'll teach me to not use Wiki as a source. *slaps wrist*

More pics

1587317107291166851_rs.jpg

eva_longoria36.jpg

desperate_05_105815_5317_rgb.jpg

desperate_housewives-0001.jpg

No offence to anyone who watches it, but jeeze how could you force yourself to watch this tosh when there are such astounding shows out there?

No offence to anyone who watches it, but jeeze how could you force yourself to watch this tosh when there are such astounding shows out there?

Personally I watch DH for its light entertainment values. Its a silly sometimes OOT-style scandelous show thats fun to watch for 44. The show I know you're hinting at bores me.

I never miss an episode. I had had the feeling that it was going downhill after Bree's departure (and the climax of season 3's main mystery) mid-season, but last night's episode was great, particularly for the comedy. Susan and Ian's dinner party especially made me laugh. I hope they keep up the 'body in the freezer' mystery going for a little while - now the Monique storyline is all over, we need something to keep us guessing up to the finale.

I never miss an episode. I had had the feeling that it was going downhill after Bree's departure (and the climax of season 3's main mystery) mid-season, but last night's episode was great, particularly for the comedy. Susan and Ian's dinner party especially made me laugh. I hope they keep up the 'body in the freezer' mystery going for a little while - now the Monique storyline is all over, we need something to keep us guessing up to the finale.

i know what happens at the end of the series, and i can guarentee you that you will love it :D

Unfortunately, because i'm so ill, i missed the episode on E4 last night (needed some early sleep). Anyone wanna fill me in on what I missed?

i know what happens at the end of the series, and i can guarentee you that you will love it :D

Unfortunately, because i'm so ill, i missed the episode on E4 last night (needed some early sleep). Anyone wanna fill me in on what I missed?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gossip_%28Desperate_Housewives_episode%29

That's got a nice little recap. You could always catch the repeat of last night's on sunday on E4, or on C4 on wednesday.

I don't watch this too religiously, I missed it for a few weeks recently, but with the whole E4 next episode and stuff, it's not too bad as it reduces how many episodes I miss. As for why I like it, I like it for kind of the same reason I like ugly betty, it's a bit beyond realistic but just on the border that it still could be real in a world full of coincidences, it's like comedy drama.

It's on tonight :D

Love it, it's the only show along with Lost that i make sure i catch every week. It's brilliant, and guys who say it's just for girls clearly havn't watched it.

Have you ever watched it? =O

Cause it really is a great show. It's got drama, action and most of all humour. It's just what I need after a long week of school and work. =D

Not sure what you mean by other astounding shows though... Only one I watch right now is Heroes, and apparently the first season ended or something so that means I'll be watching nothing at all. D:

Even my dad likes to watch an episode of DH from time to time, and he isn't really a tv person. :heh:

And I'm skipping pretty much all posts in here cause they're spoiler-filled. X3

It's my favourite show on TV tbh, apart from Nip/Tuck and Lost (and Lost is just plain stupid, Nip/tucks end of series episode was on last satursday).

For a 'girl's show' this is pretty fun. And Eva Longoria is HOT.

It's on tonight :D

Love it, it's the only show along with Lost that i make sure i catch every week. It's brilliant, and guys who say it's just for girls clearly havn't watched it.

That's what i was trying to say, its not a show for women at all, watch it, and you'll see. You won't be able to stop yourself laughing.

Yeah, that episode wth the dinner party was great When she couldn't decide which cake, it cracked me up.

You say its a great ending to season 3? Damn you! I can't wait now!

Desperate Housewives makes me want to bunch babies! wHaat!

I’ve got a lovely bunch of babies

There they are all standing in a row

Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head

Anyway....

The show is sh*t. The only reason it had a good first season is cause people, mostly men, actually believed they were "Desperate" Housewives. But those people, again mostly the men, should have stuck to pr0n.:heh:

That just sounds like you're upset because it didn't turn out to be what you wanted!

I never watched the first season, I remember I got into it cos my brother watches it and I saw him watching it one time, and I sat and watched it too, and thought it was pretty good. I probably got into it just before rex and bree seperated and that.

*bump*

I have never religously watched DH, seen the odd episode here and there, but as Season 4 has just started it's run on channel 4, I watched it, and really enjoyed it!

Anyway, I was up Birmingham the other day, and saw the first season for £20, I remembered how much I enjoyed the episode, so I grabbed it!

I have watched the first season in the last week....and I'm bloody hooked!

Bri is by far my favourite housewife, Marcia Cross plays her to perfection, she is such a strong character, and reminds me so much of Kidman's role as Johanna Eberhart in "The Stepford Wives"

Can't wait to get my hands on the second series, hoping it's as good as the first!

But I think I'm gunna lay off watching season 4 for now, as it will only confuse things!

It's a fantastic show,my favourite on tv at the moment infact. I just love the crazy storylines and the comedy value of it. It's just nice, light-hearted (for the most part) entertainment, thats also a little bit twisted. :p

Oh and Triforce, it went a tiny bit downhill during season 3 (Still a great show, but not as good as it should have been), but it makes up for it in the new season. :D

Still been a bullshit soap under the pretence of 'Desparate Housewives', because remix the age/status of some of the characters. They wouldn't have affairs either. Cancer? Fuck it.

^^ huh?

I think so far, this series (all 3 episodes i've seen) show an improvement over series 3, both in entertainment and drama. I hate Gabrielle, she's a massai bitch, and her story is dull. Can't be bothered with Edie either.