N-Europe

Ready 2 Rumble: Revolution, AKI developing

Teppo Holmqvist

Just spotted the IGN review. Looks like that 1/10 from Game Informer isn't as badly exaggerated as I'd hoped as IGN have weighed R2R in at a measly 3.5. :(

Ready 2 Rumble Revolution isn't one of the worst looking games on the Wii, but it certainly is one of the worst playing games on the system. Any potential the game design has is totally thrown out the window because the developers insisted on Wii motion control that required far more out of the remote and nunchuk than what they're capable of pulling off. It's an unnecessarily frustrating experience trying to work your way through the ranks – you'll be fighting the controls more than you're fighting the characters.

Nice graphics but bollocks controls. :(

2.5 Gameplay

Terrible Wii motion controls. This is a design far better suited for precise button presses instead of wonky directional thrusts. Unnecessarily frustrating.

Meh. :(

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/964/964019p1.html

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch. Wonder if people will buy this regardless of knowing how bad it is, then ignore Punch Out after having a bad experience with this.

I still kinda want to buy it. Unlike a lot of people I quite like Wii Sports Boxing as I just work with the controls and find it pretty enjoyable and satisfying. I kinda think I could do the same with R2R, for old times sake.

:blank:

I still kinda want to buy it. Unlike a lot of people I quite like Wii Sports Boxing as I just work with the controls and find it pretty enjoyable and satisfying. I kinda think I could do the same with R2R, for old times sake.

:blank:

..aw man, don't do it :nono:

Stick to Wii Sports Boxing and Super Punch-Out!! ..then progress to the Wii Punch-Out!! when the right time comes : peace:

Don't let the generous score in ONM fool you.. they were dishing those out willy nilly this month as far as I could see :o