NEurope
Stocka

Baten Kaitos Origins Official Thread

:( They can't do this to us
Yeah, I think that's their way of saying no, I mean... this is a RPG it's full of text, the translation should have began already... they won't make it in time, so it'll be useless after Wii launches, darn them.

*hopes for a australian PAL version*

otherwise I'll really import this one. :/

With Wii being backwards compatible with GC I really don't understand why it shouldn't get released here, especially if the series continues on the Wii.

With Wii being backwards compatible with GC I really don't understand why it shouldn't get released here, especially if the series continues on the Wii.
I agree, but this is no time to start a translation, I fear for the worst, they might not start it now, it's a little start to begin.

I'd be satisfied with a PAL english-only release though, that shouldn't take too much time considering they are doing a US version...

i say don't hold your breath but expect to import from USA. It won't make it here, it's too late in the day, and GC is almost dead here. If they bring it out in Europe they have to consider all the european transalations and I just can't see it happening. It will be a big surprise for sure if they did.

So best not to expect it here, you'll just be disappointed. ah well make use of my action replay again.

i say don't hold your breath but expect to import from USA. It won't make it here, it's too late in the day, and GC is almost dead here.

Yea I agree. I'm not expecting them to release it in Europe. The first Baten Kaitos was hard enough as is to find in shops. Back when i didn't know about ebay, I spent almost a month looking for it. Eventually I found it in a Kmart but the damn game came without the disc holding thing that holds the second disc. Damn you Kmart

Anyway what I'm trying to say is that based on personal experience, the first one wasn't so hot in Europe. So i don't see Monolith wanting to release it in a place where it's not popular.

But I hope I'm wrong...:laughing:

the only difference this time is that Nintendo is publishing it, not Namco. So hopefully Nintendo of Europe can surprise us all but I doubt it so i won't expect it.

when's it out in the US?

the only difference this time is that Nintendo is publishing it, not Namco. So hopefully Nintendo of Europe can surprise us all but I doubt it so i won't expect it.

when's it out in the US?

September, I believe.

I just read about BK not being released in Europe,they can't do that to us but i'm still hoping it will get a release here.If they are doing a US then it's stupid them not releasing it here.I don't wanna import it because my Action Replay needs a good few nudges to load.

I guess it depends on how popular the game is in the US. If it sells well, then we might see it come out here! (Come on NOE, surely you've learnt from the whole Animal Crossing fiasco!)

The GCN seems to be going out with a bang, perhaps an even bigger one than the PS2! Twilight Princess (Yes I know there's a Wii version as well) Super Paper Mario, Baten Kaitos Origins, DK Bongo Blast and (If it hasn't been moved to the Wii) Kirby GCN

It's not looking too bad for the GCN after all!

I guess it depends on how popular the game is in the US. If it sells well, then we might see it come out here! (Come on NOE, surely you've learnt from the whole Animal Crossing fiasco!)

The GCN seems to be going out with a bang, perhaps an even bigger one than the PS2! Twilight Princess (Yes I know there's a Wii version as well) Super Paper Mario, Baten Kaitos Origins, DK Bongo Blast and (If it hasn't been moved to the Wii) Kirby GCN

It's not looking too bad for the GCN after all!

If this game is not anounced for europe soon, it's getting less and less likely that they'lll bother making a port... and lets face it... BK2 (origins) won't sell much not even in us to start with.

But just for this one they should make Wii region free :blank:

Yeah, if they'r having trouble translating it in every language in time, just english is fine, for me that is. A lot of europeans used to their languages will be left in the "wtf?".

Yeah, if they'r having trouble translating it in every language in time, just english is fine, for me that is. A lot of europeans used to their languages will be left in the "wtf?".
said that... it doesn't meet the european standards for Nintendo published games that Nintendo always seems to follow... either way it's possible that there will another PAL version... that is... the aussie one, just like they got a lot of games before us with just one language, american english, but compatible with PAL (Animal Crossing is a remarkable example.)

The thing is... the cube is more dead there than it is in europe (dificult to imagine, I know)

said that... it doesn't meet the european standards for Nintendo published games that Nintendo always seems to follow... either way it's possible that there will another PAL version... that is... the aussie one, just like they got a lot of games before us with just one language, american english, but compatible with PAL (Animal Crossing is a remarkable example.)

The thing is... the cube is more dead there than it is in europe (dificult to imagine, I know)

Yeah, sorry.

But in Tales of Symphonia they have only one language per copy of the game. But then again, i think they released the other languages in the respective countries.

I didn't know the Aussie's games were compatible with our gamecubes, even if they use PAL.

Yeah, sorry.

But in Tales of Symphonia they have only one language per copy of the game. But then again, i think they released the other languages in the respective countries.

Yeah, good point. I know Nintendo had a helping hand in the translation/localization process, but did they publish it?

If that was published by Nintendo it was probably a first in european home consoles. and yes they did diferent language versions at least a french and spanish one. they had them ready at launch, so a localization for all languages was still done, I doubt they would do a english only release leaving the other countries without a alternative.

Anyway... GC is reaching it's end, Baten Kaitos Origins came out in japan last December and the localization work is being done just in time for the US burrial (before Wii launches) with one language taking around 9 months from the original release, and NoE afirms that the translation wasn't started for europe... They are behing schedule at best. It's a shame, really :(

EDIT:

I didn't know the Aussie's games were compatible with our gamecubes, even if they use PAL.
They work like a charm. :)

Well... you're portuguese and all... Concentra once imported some RE0 copies from Aussie and sold them for 65 euros on Fnac, I was completly dazzed when I noticed the Aussie age rating in those boxes... why is it? because I had bought my Animal Crossing from australia recently and I remembered that RE0 costed 16 euros+shipping there, perhaps they even got a discount for mass importing... :/

God! I hate those Nintendo representatives... (gotta write other reclamation e-mail to NoE to ease the anger)

Well it looks like I will be importing this from America due to the lack of news about a release over here in Europe especially seeing how it was missing from Nintendos dates they gave the other week.

This is the first time I have seen the boxart and im not sure if it has been posted already, if it has here it is again. Its looks awesome!

boxart_us_baten-kaitos-origins.jpg

What i don't understand abou game stores is hat they can reduce a fairly new game : Odama, Battalion wars, to less than £20, yet they keep this game, and Skies of Arcadia and Tales of symphonia im sure to over £30. if im not mistaken.

But if not then i need this game, under £20

This is the first time I have seen the boxart and im not sure if it has been posted already, if it has here it is again. Its looks awesome!
I hadn't seen it... :)

I don't like the cover much though... I really dislike that Title... "Origins"...

Baten kaitos was "Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean"... and translating this prequel from japanese we'd get "The Start of the Wings and the Heir of the Gods"...

I understand Nintendo US trying to make it more apelative (and getting rid iof the II) but those sub-titles were pure class...

Also the Font lettering chosen looks quite bland to me, compared to the fisrt game (not their fault).

I really like the realistic white wings in the back, but I don't think they fit well with the drawn character up-front... there's a dissonance. (I also don't understand why showing the heroes feet)

On a brighter note, it's much better than the original...

ME0000659325_2.jpg

Image reposted from: -> http://www.revo-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=89469&postcount=135

Although I feel the wings blended in better.

So with Super Paper Mario going to Wii this is the last upcoming GC game I, and most likely the rest of you want.Sad thing to say really, as it makes me reflect back on all the times i've been excited about upcoming games on my Cubey.

It's out in the US on the 25th this month which is good and all, but NO SIGN WHATSOEVER of a european release:( It doesn't look like it could come out at all, yet alone before xmas like I had hoped.

So with Super Paper Mario going to Wii this is the last upcoming GC game I, and most likely the rest of you want.Sad thing to say really, as it makes me reflect back on all the times i've been excited about upcoming games on my Cubey.

It's out in the US on the 25th this month which is good and all, but NO SIGN WHATSOEVER of a european release:( It doesn't look like it could come out at all, yet alone before xmas like I had hoped.

I have the US version pre-ordered at VGP due to the lack of PAL news, you are right in saying that it will probably not get a release over here. At least we have the freeloader to get by that problem though.

woo! I can't wait for this baby. I loved the first one and regret trading it in :(

This wll probably the last game I will play on my gc :(

If someone imports it, please let us know how Freeloader deals with it... I'm not going to import unless I'm absolutely sure that it is compatible with Freeloader.

Apparently there isnt a strategy guide coming out at all for this game which is very annoying as I like to get everything that I can when playing RPGs.

Still, im well looking forward to play this game and I will post if it has any issues with the freeloader, which it shouldnt.

Some people copy the strategy guides and post them on g faqs as their own work. So it might not be too bad.