NEurope
Stocka

Baten Kaitos Origins Official Thread

Apparently the name is Baten Kaitos II: The Start of the Wings and the Heir of the Gods. They love these long names don't they :D

Looks... interesting. And I'm not going to try and translate the Japanese... although I caught the word "god".

that trailer, looks ace... I'll order the first Baten kaitos and Tales of Symphonia tomorow, since I can't get my hands on Skies of Arcadia, and I need my RPG fix... Baten Kaitos seems to be getting harder to get on stock (although I still know where they have it) let's hope it lasts till tomorow night (yeah... I'm feeling very unlucky).

I'm really hyped about the first Baten Kaitos (more than Symphonia right now)

that trailer, looks ace... I'll order the first Baten kaitos and Tales of Symphonia tomorow, since I can't get my hands on Skies of Arcadia, and I need my RPG fix... Baten Kaitos seems to be getting harder to get on stock (although I still know where they have it) let's hope it lasts till tomorow night (yeah... I'm feeling very unlucky).

I'm really hyped about the first Baten Kaitos (more than Symphonia right now)

Yeah I got Baten Kaitos a few weeks ago and so far it's a really great game.

The Sequel made me even more determined to own the first game (and I also felt that I wanted to play it more than Symphonia)!

Yeah I got Baten Kaitos a few weeks ago and so far it's a really great game.

The Sequel made me even more determined to own the first game (and I also felt that I wanted to play it more than Symphonia)!

yay, it's coming :D

I already bought it at amazon.co.uk, shame it's predicted to come february 6th to 8th, so no Baiten Kaitos this weekend. :(

The sequel is also looking really good, so what are your thoughts having played the original game, will this one be even better? what could they do to take it for the next level?

discuss, discuss :D

is this game annouced for Europe yet. probably not coming
It will come, in US it'll be published by Nintendo itself, they know their roadmap for Gamecube is poor now, only with Twilight Princess and Baten Kaitos II worth mentioning, thus they will release in europe...

Otherwise look at Fire Emblem, it wouldn't get out on US and Europe if the console had more killer apps comming out at that moment in time.

it's out in japan, any reviews yet?
last time I checked on gamestats... (like 3 hours ago) No, there isn't any reviews... yet :)

My bet (or rather, what I want) is a 32/40 on Famitsu :wink:

Famitsu is really unreliable. They give almost every RPGs high scores and are suckers for something that's from an anime. Not to mention that there have been many cases of bribes in Japanese media.

On topic, I have to get Baten Kaitos before I get this, because prequels are cooler if they're played later :P

Famitsu is really unreliable. They give almost every RPGs high scores and are suckers for something that's from an anime. Not to mention that there have been many cases of bribes in Japanese media.

On topic, I have to get Baten Kaitos before I get this, because prequels are cooler if they're played later :P

Maybe, but that's the only reference point we have till it comes out of Japan, I really don't know any other source for Japanese reviews.

Also, I don't think IGN are more reliable than that.

On the "get the first one" note... I'd really advice you to do it, because it's just so much better than I thought it would...

I played like 14 hours from Monday (when it arrived) to Friday, that's so unlike me... (maybe I was just starved for RPG's, but still it's a really refreshing experience)

Famitsu score;

Baten Kaitos II: Hajimari no Tsubasa to Kamigami no Shishi (GC, Nintendo):

8 / 9 / 8 / 9 - (34/40)

Great!!

Famitsu score;

Baten Kaitos II: Hajimari no Tsubasa to Kamigami no Shishi (GC, Nintendo):

8 / 9 / 8 / 9 - (34/40)

Great!!

Even more than I predicted :D

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean scored;

8 / 8 / 8 / 7 - (31/40)

So according to Famitsu, the sequel (prequel) is even better than the original!! and that's a fantastic game!!

That's a very good set of scores; all the defining games of their genre tend to get around 34 in famitsu.

However, I hope they aren't simply inflating the scores due to it being an RPG. Mind you, Nihon no RPGs ga dai suki desu! ^_^

I should really complete #1... I'm at the start of disc 2, then I lost all enthusiasm. I want to get BK2 for some reason.. but I havn't done 1 yet! Arg.

Thanks,

WTF is up with the SSBM like background voices, "LEVEL 5!" "You win!!"

You just know thats going to get annoying...

Thanks,

WTF is up with the SSBM like background voices, "LEVEL 5!" "You win!!"

You just know thats going to get annoying...

but the inventory management of cards seems improoved, the time now is pressing agains the player in a pretty readable place, making you fell the rush, and the counts the number of cards you've used, sometimes you can end your sequence before expected because of not knowing how many cards did you use as of yet, that's clearly a help, and a welcome one.

also the animation of the characters(at least in battle) seems better to me, or at least... richer (I really liked the butterfly girl :love: )