NEurope
Stocka

Baten Kaitos Origins Official Thread

Sounds pretty cool,i'll import it eventually along with Naruto or something.Does it have any twists like the first one did?

And are you the spirit thingy from the first one aswell?

Does it have any twists like the first one did?

And are you the spirit thingy from the first one aswell?

Yup, lots of twists. And yes, you are once again spirit thingy, but you will find your spirit's origin story quite surprising. :yay:

is this out in the USA? i'm still really miffed that Nintendo being the publishers of this game are not bringing this out in Europe. I kinda expected it, but still it anoying espcially for english pal regions.

and the Wii is not much more powerful that the GC and is fully backwards compatible. This game along with Zelda on GC, Paper Mario, and Donkey Kong game should have been the GC's swonsong lineup. They would have sold well despite the Wii's release.

Finally playing through it, 14 hours into the game (just finished azha lava part) and I've got to say, this game rocks, I'm really impressed about it now.

Manages to be way better than Baten kaitos ever was, the plot, the characters, the system (although I liked the card system more in the previous one) hell... even most voice acting is pretty alright.

Now for the bad part, I seem to be running into a glitch, in the lava caves, no matter how many times I try... sometime milly just appears with less health than she was supposed to, even after the battles; there was this one time that every time I started a battle she had 1 HP (the game system should charge the HP up to the max each time you finish a battle, and that ammount of HP would appear in a red tone on the subscreen menu... Even now it does, she should have anywhere between 750/800 HPs and has 657 (with red letters), because of that and because I overwrote my save I'm thinking of beggining the game again, thing is... it's the third time it happened to me in that lava cave, yet I searched the internet and no one else seems to have the same problem. :blank:

Anyway... Great, great game, can't wait to see what Monolith will do regarding RPG's for the Wii.

I bought this at launch and still have yet to play it. I was waiting for a guide to come out as I like to get everything when playing a RPG but one never surfaced.

I bought this at launch and still have yet to play it. I was waiting for a guide to come out as I like to get everything when playing a RPG but one never surfaced.
It's sad to see how underlooked this RPG is, plot-wise seems the best j-rpg stuff I played since Chrono Cross. So far, really better than original Baten Kaitos who was, by comparison, very predictable and over the top; I don't know how it gets later on in the game, though.

I was also impressed that the game has at least one "almost" Phoenix Wright scene... try to find the culprit, talking to people, recording they statements... and then present the proof on their faces; really, really fresh stuff.

So far, really better than original Baten Kaitos

Except in one aspect: it was never released here.

Except in one aspect: it was never released here.
Yeah, but if we're go mention that we've got to complain that Baten Kaitos 1, Tales of Symphonia, Paper Mario 2, Fire Emblem, Skies of Arcadia, etc... are out of print now, I mean... WTF, I bet that with the growing market share on Wii they could sell them.

I still have to get this game (preferrably sooner than later, now I can still get it relatively easy). Than I have to wait 'till I import a Cube or more likely, a Wii, so I can play the damn game.. <sigh>

(No, no mods or freeloaders for me).

i really loved this game especialy that there are 3 different endings ( and final bosses ) depending on how you play the game i hope they keep making baten kaitos for the Wii since nintendo Bought the company i give this Game a 9.0 out of 10

So I got this way back in July when I was in America and played it for a good few hours and left it cause I had work but now i've started this again and i've got my 3rd party member and versed an old(young) enemy :heh:

Love it though, dunno why it took me this long to play it again.