NEurope
Stocka

Baten Kaitos Origins Official Thread

Q4 Europe no doubt..if ever.

..Nah being positive its bound to get released what with Rev being backwards compatible.

Yeah I keep hearing/seeing the Sept-Nov date battered around. If worse comes to worse I will just import the game from the USA. Ah the genius that is the Freeloader.

So it got a name change!

4490320060509_234853_2_big.jpg

I much prefer it being called this to II as it is a prequel afterall.

Bad news... it is coming out in the US on September 25th, despite originally planned for June. Looks worrying for when we're going to get it :shakehead

And a new trailer:

http://cubemovies.ign.com/cube/video/article/706/706543/GCN_BaitenKaitos_trlr_01_qtlow.mov

Also, as only mods of this board can change the title of the thread (and I'm not) I haven't changed the title yet but I've contacted a mod to do it :awesome:

EDIT: Done now :smile:

The name sounds better. September 25th for the US :shock: i was planing on importing this title to play it during the summer. :(

Im really hoping that we do get it over here but wit hteh US not getting it til Septemeber they may not bother translating it.

Awesome sig by the way Nintendo Fan.

Im really hoping that we do get it over here but wit hteh US not getting it til Septemeber they may not bother translating it.

Awesome sig by the way Nintendo Fan.

Thanks it took me quite a while finding it.

I really hope they release it over or i'll just import like usual :grin: This game is going to be Great.

Nah it will be released here in October I say and it will pass time to the Wii.I say don't get worried.Yea that is a nice sig you have there Nintendo Fan.

Nah it will be released here in October I say and it will pass time to the Wii.I say don't get worried.Yea that is a nice sig you have there Nintendo Fan.

What worries me though is the lack of time I will have for this game. I mean Wii will be out around Oct-Nov alongside Zelda noless. I was hoping I would get this game finished before they arrived.

Yea me to.That's why i'm gonna play it more than I did with the first one.Want it done for the Wii and Zelda.I see your point though.We need an estimate for it over here.

Thanks ^_^

If it is going to be released in October then i probably won't import it because i wan to get 'Naruto Clash of the Nijas 2' which will be released in September so i'll be playing that in the mean time :grin:

Edit: Yeah me too i'll play it more than the first one, i'll try complete it before the Launch of Zelda and Wii.

I just want to know what Chaotic dance 2 sounds like. The soundtrack comes on 3 discs with a total of 61 tracks, a few more than the first. Since the whole level up thing is now done automatically, maybe you'll be able to save when you feel like it.

I finally got around to gettin Baten Kaitos, and I absolutely adore it! Before I bought it I was worried about the card based system because from reading reviews I didn't really like the sound of it but once I started playing I really enjoyed it. I bought Tales of Symphonia at the same time, found them both second hand and as Gamecube stock is rare nowadays I snapped them both up. Haven't really played Tales too much yet, BK consumes too much time! So I'm definitely looking forward to Origins.

Id not even noticed the thread title had been changed, the name sounds good.

I think that the battle system being simplified has improved it if reviews are to be trusted... and sure if the games topping the first one in scores then its bound to be doing something right.

Id be worried about it coming out here and if it doesnt I think Ill definetly resort to lowly importage but Im feeling strangely confident that this Zelda (Ill get it for Wii anyway) but also Super Paper Mario, that new DK game and Kirby and whatevers not coming to mind'll be a pretty great last hurrah for GameCube. With backwards compatibility being all the rage nowadays the game has no excuse whatsoever - and was I dreaming that Nintendo are publishing this too? That surely has to be a promising sign for us malnourished European gamers.

It's been pushed back again... to the 25th of September. (US release date)

Yeah, November for us at the earliest then probably :hmm:

And there I was hoping I'd have it for the summer...ah well. Been listening to some Baten Kaitos music and its got me really excited for it.

I just beat Eternal Wings & The Lost Ocean tonight, what a great ending. I always feel a bit of sadness when I finish an epic game like this because i never want it to end, but very satisfied nonetheless.

I just beat Eternal Wings & The Lost Ocean tonight, what a great ending. I always feel a bit of sadness when I finish an epic game like this because i never want it to end, but very satisfied nonetheless.

Yeah it's sad when they are all waving goodbye to you.

The whole ending of the game was the only thing I didnt like. The ending itself was good but it was just the whole thing took ages.

The whole ending of the game was the only thing I didnt like. The ending itself was good but it was just the whole thing took ages.

Haha yeah i agree with you on that, the ending was bloody long, i had no idea it was gonna be like 45 minutes long.

Can't wait for Origins now.

Into movie is up at Gametrailers

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=11308&type=wmv

Don't like it as much as the originals intro movie but it was never likely to be better than that!

The ending is very odd. I'm a bit confused though, how come it says 'Baten Kaitos II' I thought the II wouldn't be in the name now and it'd just be 'Origins' ...

I don't quite like the intro much because of the whole 2-d thing,just doesn't look good.Although what was shown does look interesting and the ending is mysterious.Hopefully we'll get a date soon.

I don't quite like the intro much because of the whole 2-d thing,just doesn't look good.Although what was shown does look interesting and the ending is mysterious.Hopefully we'll get a date soon.
I love the style, but yeah the original in Baten Kaitos opening was better, only the horrible voice acting spoiled it, (I hate the old hag speaking) the original trailer dubbed for E3 was so much better.

This has still not been announced for Europe. Come on Nintendo, you can't do this to us.

I will probably import US version if they don't release it here, but it'd be another kick in the teeth for us europeans.

Honestly, I don't think they will release it in Europe because they don't want to go through all the different european languages which could take a while etc etc.

Gamecube needs a swansong other than Twilight Princess as that's on Wii as well.

I want this game sooo bad

Baten Kaitos Origins - Whilst Nintendo has confirmed that Monolith Soft's Baten Kaitos prequel will hit the US in the latter months of 2006, decisions are still being made as to whether it should reach Europe or not.

:( They can't do this to us