NEurope
Stocka

Baten Kaitos Origins Official Thread

Yeah those small sidequests where cool but I found them not really sidequests. I can't explain it well but I got the feeling they just belonged to the story because they were a bit forced onto you.

I also hope there will be a lot of extra dungeons in the sequel. Like the book dungeon in TOS (Although I've never done it myself it did sound cool). Or a boss that's really strong like Abyssion in TOS. It would be great if they put that in because it will add a lot to the replay value.

It just crossed my mind that they should add a New Game + option. This way you can complete the Gathering more easily. I always wondered why they didn't put that in in the first one.

Yeah those small sidequests where cool but I found them not really sidequests. I can't explain it well but I got the feeling they just belonged to the story because they were a bit forced onto you.

I also hope there will be a lot of extra dungeons in the sequel. Like the book dungeon in TOS (Although I've never done it myself it did sound cool). Or a boss that's really strong like Abyssion in TOS. It would be great if they put that in because it will add a lot to the replay value.

It just crossed my mind that they should add a New Game + option. This way you can complete the Gathering more easily. I always wondered why they didn't put that in in the first one.

Thats true, they wernt really sidequests as you had to complete them n_n;;;

But yeah I agree with what you said here. Especially the new game + option, ToS has that too it adds alot of fun to new savegames n_n

Plus there are some cards you can only get once and if you miss it its bad luck for ya ;_;.

So yeah n_n

Yeah I don't like missable items especially on RPGs. I just think it's wrong to make that possible to happen, because a lot of people aren't going to play a long RPG another time for just one item. But it's just annoying to know that you have an almost complete file and you're missing just on ething. There's really not a lot of point in making items missable in my opinion.

Thats true, though it adds some to the challenge...and its usually not a very important item but I agree, if you want to have a complete save file its very annoying to find out in the end that yer missing something 0_0

Looking good, yeah, looking good.

Will most definately be picking this one up. Just hoping for a fast translation, not 1 and a halt year like the first one took.

The first one took so long because they weren't going to bother originally.

That one screen looks liek the Cor Hydra 0_0; I find that very disturbing. New screens looking interesting n_n

I wish there was more info on the characters

Oh I forgot to tell you guys, the japanese release date is December 1st.

Hoepfully we'll get it Feb/March/April with any luck.

I just hope they have the sense to release the game especially since it will be one of the last games to be on the cube over here.

*runs off to continue playing number 1*

I just hope they have the sense to release the game especially since it will be one of the last games to be on the cube over here.

*runs off to continue playing number 1*

I'm sure they will, when was the last time a company released a game in Europe then they made a sequel but didn't see light in Europe?

I wonder if it'll be out before Twilight Princess...maybe even same day?

Hmm, hopefully this mean the first one will go down in price so then gamers can try it for cheap and then buy the second one, so it's like £20 + £40.

Any change of this becoming players choice, in faact when is the next btach of players choice actually coming out? Seems like their haven't been any new games on it for a while....

Not that I'd actually buy them as the crappy silver bit around the edge just looks awful IMO.

I'm sure they will, when was the last time a company released a game in Europe then they made a sequel but didn't see light in Europe?

ermm, i can remember a series in which the first wasnt released here but the sequel was, parasite eve.

Not that I'd actually buy them as the crappy silver bit around the edge just looks awful IMO.

Yeah I agree. Perhaps Namco will release a BKI+II pack for £54.99 or something? It would make sense and bring in people who are willing to give it a try.

Any change of this becoming players choice, in faact when is the next btach of players choice actually coming out? Seems like their haven't been any new games on it for a while....

I agree!

There are a few Players Choice games that i'd like to get at some stage; Resi 0 and maybe Sonic Adventure (I had the Dreamcast version) and maybe some others; but i really don't like the design of them and I'd much rather try and find the original version (something which is near impossible)!

I think Tales of Symphonia will be out as a Players Choice soon; as I think it has been in America for a while now? So maybe there will be a few out then? Does anyone know of any US ones that we haven't got yet?

Animal Crossing is one that the yanks have got. Makes sense though as they had it like 10 years before us lol.

Hopefully Baten wont be out the same day as Zelda that would just be cruel. Off topic a bit here but Im on playing through number 1 of Baten and just got to the point where...

Kalas turns out to be a traitor. I would never had guessed it was him. Also I owned the 3-1 fight. I heard it was hard so I levelled up to level 30 with kalas which in turn got my loads of Light Paddles for Gibari. I then went on to destroy Giacomo and his goons.

Awesome game!

New scan! :smile:

4490320051012_132330_0_big.jpg

Yeah there's definitely a Cor Hydra and Lave Caves pic, and the guy in the top right looks like Lodekahn (sp?)

Yeah H-o-T, I would of never guessed it too, and I agree the game is awesome.

More more more! :grin:

4490320051020_143702_22_big.jpg

4490320051020_143701_19_big.jpg

4490320051020_143701_20_big.jpg

4490320051020_143700_15_big.jpg

4490320051020_143700_17_big.jpg

4490320051020_143659_8_big.jpg

4490320051020_143659_9_big.jpg

4490320051020_143659_10_big.jpg

4490320051020_143658_3_big.jpg

4490320051020_143658_5_big.jpg

4490320051020_143658_6_big.jpg

4490320051020_143658_7_big.jpg

Wow some of those graphics are amazing for this gen :shock: The reflections are marvellous.

Holy vuc!!! Thats awesome. I love the new camera angles alot. And that one flashback pic is the town near the silly tower with the Children of the Earth 0_0

*drool* Screens are ace, but more actual game info would be great too

The game is looking awesome. Cant wait to play it I wish it was out now as i just finishing off getting all the magnus from the first game. Did any of you get all 1000 odd magnus cards?

Ok i didnt want to double post and I sent Stocka a PM to post the news here so I didnt have to but guess he hasnt seen it yet so I will anyways.

Seen the news last night that Namco have delayed Baten Kaitos 2 indefinetly. Hopeully it wont be cancelled just a delay thats all....crosses fingers. It was reported on magic-box website and if you check out gamefaqs and goto the Baten 2 boards its all over there.