N-Europe

Sam Raimi Confirms Spidey 4, 5 and 6

Happenstance

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She'd need some whole chickens in there to do the role justice tbh.

Still with the 'who'?

Besides. The only people who have tits as big as comic book characters are either fake or fat.

Guest Jordan
;434366"]Still with the 'who'?

Besides. The only people who have tits as big as comic book characters are either fake or fat.

Thats not always true, i used to know a really thin girl with E's :p

More news on the future of Spiderman!

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/786/786047p1.html

Sony Plans Spidey's Future

And rumors swirl about who may replace the cast.

US, May 7, 2007 - Saying that he was "really over the moon" about the record-breaking $382 million worldwide debut of Spider-Man 3, Sony Pictures chief executive Michael Lynton is already reportedly mapping out the franchise's future.

"Everybody has every intention of making a fourth, a fifth and a sixth and on and on," Lynton informed the BBC. He sees the series lasting for "as many as we can make good stories for."

"Everybody's been so busy trying to get this one out that that's been the focus," he added. "When everybody comes up for air, we can think about how to make the next one."

That would seem to include cast and crew, although that hasn't stopped the rumor mill from offering up a name about who might succeed Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson. According to CinemaBlend.com, Mandy Moore, Alexis Bledel and Camilla Belle are contenders for the role.

The site adds, "Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Jake Gyllenhall are the front runners as of now [to replace Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker] but word is that a third name might be thrown in the mix as well." They also suggest that a new director may be tapped as well since Raimi would want more control over Spidey 4.

mandymoore-because2_1178564842.jpg

Mandy Moore is rumored as the next Mary Jane Watson.

CinemaBlend's scooper claims "those in Sony don't want to give Tobey or the returning cast that kind of money because they want to lock the cast down for the next three films instead of one and they want to do it cheaply, so they are looking at other actors to continue the franchise in a cheaper way and if the movie opens big and makes a boat load of cash, Tobey and the cast has a huge advantage in negotiations."

It's a no-brainer that Sony wants the Spidey gravy train to keep rolling. For example, of the $148 million that Spider-Man 3 earned in its stateside opening, a record-setting $4.8 million of that came from IMAX screenings. The picture also broke the record for IMAX's largest single day worldwide total at $2.2 million and posted a remarkable domestic opening weekend per screen average of $57,147.

Well i just hope when they start writing the plan for the next three they listen to the critisims of part 3, and make things right again back on level with the greatness of 1 and 2.

Jake Gyllenhall has been rumored to replace Toby for the 4th film since before number 2 hit the cinema and i've alway thought that would be a great choice

;439451]Joseph Gordan-Levitt is much much better than Jake Gyllenhall. Plus Mandy Moore' date=' as lovely as she is, is a tad old for the role of a woman in her early twenties.[/quote']

Isn't she like only 23?

Or did you mean "a tad young"? As in how hollywood likes to get people in their 30's to play the roles of teens and 20-somethings?

EDIT:

Interview with Stan Lee, mentioning he wants Lizard in part 4

I think part 4 should be Lizard and a return for Sandman. Maybe Sandman could start off robbing banks etc and then get roped in to capturing Lizard in exchange for the money needed to save his daughter. Either that or Scorpion and maybe Rhino.

What i really don't want to see is Venom, Carnage, Green Goblin or Hobgoblin. They're too much!

I also think Peter and MJ need to get married early on in the next film or MJ needs to die in it. They're story is getting a little dull now

Isn't she like only 23?

Or did you mean "a tad young"? As in how hollywood likes to get people in their 30's to play the roles of teens and 20-somethings?

I thought she was late 20s. Can't be arsed to IMDB her.

You're right, just checked, she's 23, just turned it. She looks older...

I think part 4 should be Lizard and a return for Sandman. Maybe Sandman could start off robbing banks etc and then get roped in to capturing Lizard in exchange for the money needed to save his daughter. Either that or Scorpion and maybe Rhino.

What i really don't want to see is Venom, Carnage, Green Goblin or Hobgoblin. They're too much!

I also think Peter and MJ need to get married early on in the next film or MJ needs to die in it. They're story is getting a little dull now

Agree with Lizard needing to be in it. Don't agree with "no more Venom/Carnage" etc. I think anything can be done well in these movies. It's just when Riami crumbles to pressure and ends up doing something like Venom really half-arsed-ly. Just do it properly or dont do it at all.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!