N-Europe

Halo-OMG what a game!

flameboy

Guest Jordan
Halo2>>>>>>>>>Halo

In singleplayer at least.

Shhhwaaah?

O_O

Halo 2's single player was slow and only had around 2 good world missions... Not to mention the arbiter ¬_¬

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Arbiter is freaking awesome.

Seconded. The best thing about Halo 2's solo campaign by a mile.

I still think Halo 1 had more peak moments of absolute awe however.

Both games play great though, they have the best AI combat of any game I can think of.

The reason I hate hate Halo 1 is because of the horrible level design. It's so amateurish and boring it isn't even funny. But the fanbase created was so big that people expected too much of the sequel and ended up disapointed. Also, the ending doesn't help. I think the story is a hell lot more interesting, the narrative is great, the guns are much better, the levels are very interesting and the OST is jaw dropping.

Did you ever play it online?

Name another game that has a matchmaking system as good as Halo 2's. Loads of different playlists to choose from and you get matched with players of your own standard. Pretty good I think, I've never ever played a PC game where I get matched with players my own standard.

You can't really say winers is a Halo 2 problem, all online games have them, Halo just has more because it's more popular.

Cheating, yeah, you get a bit, but not really that much anymore, especially after the latest update. At one point it was really bad, but it was fixed quickly by Bungie.

Does it really? So if you suck you're not thrown in with all the Halo veterans? I've been put off playing cus I thought everyone would be amazing and I'd look stupid.

Halo 2 SP sucked ass. Only had like 1 or 2 good missions! Fucking level design and missions were boring as hell. Don't get me started on the messed up sens either. Look up and down was slower than looking from side to side? Very stupid.

Halo 2 actually put me right off getting Halo 3. I've no interest in it because of Halo 2.

Yeah. I struggled with the first one though, running through that same, massive corridor 3 times in 3 different levels, killing the same guys each time, really put me off it.

Yeah that bit did start to annoy me, it is abit annoying how the second half of the game is the first half backwards...

Plu-lease...

Halo 1 had some incredibly breath taking moments!

Everything from leaving the Pillar of Autumn to the moment you first get your hands on a Banshee with the snow falling all around you. It had some fantastic weapons, scenery and it looked shit hot back in the day.

Halo 1 had something very few PC shooters, never mind consoles shooters ever have. Thats good characters, great weapons and a story you actually care about.

That's how I feel about it...The last level was such a breath taking moment, although driving in an environment that was a little too set up for a jeep was a bit cheap, but the feeling you get when you realise your not going to get rescued and then the mad dash for the last ship makes it so exciting...I knocked my kart upside down with 30 seconds left so had to make a mad dash for it had horde shooting at my back, so quickly turned round, running backwards shot a rocket at them and made for the ship, what an excilahrating ending!

Halo2>>>>>>>>>Halo

In singleplayer at least.

That's ok then because I loved the single player of Halo!

Did you ever play it online?

Name another game that has a matchmaking system as good as Halo 2's. Loads of different playlists to choose from and you get matched with players of your own standard. Pretty good I think, I've never ever played a PC game where I get matched with players my own standard.

You can't really say winers is a Halo 2 problem, all online games have them, Halo just has more because it's more popular.

Cheating, yeah, you get a bit, but not really that much anymore, especially after the latest update. At one point it was really bad, but it was fixed quickly by Bungie.

Battlefield any of them has a better system than Halo, and pretty much were the same - even counterstrike was better at online than Halo 2's online component. And I never had trouble holding my own in any match I play online on the pc. Halo 2 never pitted me fairly with other people though I always got lame ass kids who camped the warp points or some shit like that.

Plu-lease...

Halo 1 had some incredibly breath taking moments!

Everything from leaving the Pillar of Autumn to the moment you first get your hands on a Banshee with the snow falling all around you. It had some fantastic weapons, scenery and it looked shit hot back in the day.

Halo 1 had something nearly all PC shooters, never mind consoles shooters always have. Thats generic characters, generic weapons and a story you actually couldn't care less about.

They wren't really breath taking even when I got my xbox 6 months after it launched - I found the vehicles not really stable too floaty.

I fixed the rest for you in your quote. ^^

Guest Jordan

They wren't really breath taking even when I got my xbox 6 months after it launched - I found the vehicles not really stable too floaty.

I fixed the rest for you in your quote. ^^

Heres a question, are you a jack ass by nature or do you just go around annoying people on purpose?

Heres a question, are you a jack ass by nature or do you just go around annoying people on purpose?

Hey can I not have an opinion and state for many people want to say.

Halo games have been themost generic crap I have played in years. The only thing I can say was amazing in Halo franchise has been the AI on legenday campaign and thats it.

Guest Jordan
Hey can I not have an opinion and state for many people want to say.

Halo games have been themost generic crap I have played in years. The only thing I can say was amazing in Halo franchise has been the AI on legenday campaign and thats it.

ZeldaFreak, you know theres a difference between having an opinion and annoying people for the sake of it. You seem to go in every thread and piss everyone off!

Well got Halo 2 today... played the first level and enjoying it so far. Think the dual weapon system could have been better implemented, I hate how if you operate a turret it drops the weapon, and you have to pick it back up, but guess it does make sense that would happen in real life I suppose, something has got to give...

Some sections of Turok Evolution were fun, which was something I never found in Halo.

Turok evolution had the beginnings of an awesome game, it just felt rushed and by the end was very boring. What's more the weapons were shite and were basically designed so that 12 year old kids thought wow isn't that cool, give me near future real life tech any day over silly Turok weapons.

Does it really? So if you suck you're not thrown in with all the Halo veterans? I've been put off playing cus I thought everyone would be amazing and I'd look stupid.

Yeah! That's the best part about Halo 2 online. You actually play people you own standard. Although it isn't as much anymore as the ranks are so spread out and you don't get many new people playing it and loads of people create new accounts just for the sake of it.

Battlefield any of them has a better system than Halo, and pretty much were the same - even counterstrike was better at online than Halo 2's online component. And I never had trouble holding my own in any match I play online on the pc. Halo 2 never pitted me fairly with other people though I always got lame ass kids who camped the warp points or some shit like that.

You're talking out of your ass.

Please just leave us alone, you come into threads and annoy people for no apparent reason.

Seconded.

Martin O'Donnell & Michael Salvatori = Fucking awesome.

I 3rd this : peace:

My mate has the Halo 2 soundtrack and I nicked it off him for ages. The main theme for the Halo games is simply amazing and the song off Halo 2, cant remember what its called something about only the strongest will survive, gets me hyped up to no end.

How did you prove me wrong?

Halo 2 matches you with players your own standard. BF doesn't.

For me personally Halo 2 just didn't match my skills with the game never got matched with people of my own standard. However the multiple pc shooters I play on the pc I seem to always match perfectly with them.

Either I have faster direct connection/or I'm just better at playing pc shooters than console shooters.

But anyway for me Halo franchise in terms of general storyline/characters/etc. Just feels like it was done before Halo you save the world frrom certain doom. Feels very samey to me.

Ban him please...

Why I'm from Newcastle I'm expressing opinion and he can't ban me its only admin.

Apart from BF doesn't match you with players at all. You choose a server to play on and that's it.

Well for me personally thats better because you kind of can guess the people who are playing people on a server. Whereas on Halo 2 I always end up with people who don't give much of a challenge or just or too good as in playing. There isn't a happy medium on that game online.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!