NEurope
ShadowV7

Rumour : More SEGA announcements on the way?

Its "CHU" :p

Yeah Space Channel would be nice... but i dont think it would work with wiimote that well.. unless it uses the nunchuck for up,down, left right and wiimote for some other moves.

Space Channel 5 sucked ass. I played it on my DC, and hated that fucking game man.

Space Channel 5 sucked ass. I played it on my DC, and hated that fucking game man.

Space Channel 5 Part 2 its actually very good!! (Played the japanese version!)

Why I oughta...

Its "CHU" :p

Yeah Space Channel would be nice... but i dont think it would work with wiimote that well.. unless it uses the nunchuck for up,down, left right and wiimote for some other moves.

Ah, right, chu, yes. :)

I dunno, I don't see why it wouldn't work with just the Wiimote. I mean it has an acceleratometerythingymabob in there, so it should be just as capable in measuring your waving it in all directions as the nunchuk is.

The CHU would obviously mean pressing the B button, whilst HEY would be conducted with A. You could even be tasked to draw the SC5 symbol at the end of a level the way Ulala does. :)

But sometimes you have to press like 5 times really fast a direction.. that would be rather hard with wiimote!

Oh, PLEASE, PLEASE let this be Samba De Amigo!

I loved my Dreamcast, but I totally missed out on Samba De Amigo, partly because I was broke at the time and couldn't afford the maracas.

Hey, Sega, even though we could use the Wiimote and nunchuck as maracas, it would be cool if you could make optional Bluetooth maracas... :D

You are on smack....

But entitled to your opinion.

There is nothing I would love to see more than another SC5 (or even the two existing ones) or/and REZ, REZ, REZ (chant forever).....

But sometimes you have to press like 5 times really fast a direction.. that would be rather hard with wiimote!

Couldnt see the problem if the wiimote and nunchuck were programmed with a little thought.....In fact it could be done with the wii-mote alone.

If they announced Samba De Amigo...I might just cry...Ditto for Shenmue III, but I would much rather see that on the 360.

If they announced Samba De Amigo...I might just cry...Ditto for Shenmue III, but I would much rather see that on the 360.

I thought Samba was always in the lineup from before the wii was released..

Samba, House of The Dead and Crazy Taxi would do for me, and they seem like games that suit the Wii too, and therefore make more money for SEGA. Shemue would defintley be a 360 title.

"Shaking beats?" Oh come on, if it isn't a Samba De amigo sequel I will roll down a hill and detonate myself in the middle of banna grove. We already have the maraccas!

I thought Samba was always in the lineup from before the wii was released..

I don't think so, but I might be wrong. Does anyone know anything about Samba??

Also, Chu Chu Rocket for the VC would be AWESOME!

Looks like it was Samba De Amigo :

Talking with yet another one of my “Rumor Reporter” sources who has ties close to such a project, I was basically told that NiGHTS isn’t the only old-school release that Wii was going to see. After a short mentioning of “music being in the air,” I quickly had thoughts of the obvious Wii Music title that all gamers were waiting for. Would it be downloadable? Would it be a new Wii channel?

Obviously, that’s not what they meant. This source told me that SEGA is really trying to reinvent things and pushing to get back on track, especially following the bad press on Sonic and the disappointing sales of Virtua Fighter 5. Taking immediate measures, SEGA’s looking at their catalog to see what people want. A game that would be welcomed with open arms.

The next day, meeting up with the source himself/herself, I mentioned the games. And the possibilities. Referring to the maracas, rhythm-game (which first appeared in the arcades, then the SEGA Dreamcast), I was met with a smile:

“No comment, but that game sure would hit the Wii demographic wouldn’t it?”, my source snickered with a wink.

But, I’ll leave the topic at hand for now. Besides, this source hasn’t been wrong on two past occasions.

Not a definite confirm but atleast we know that something might be happening.

I loved Samba, even with the Dreamcast controller it was somehow still loads of fun! I hope it will have DLC!

SEGA’s looking at their catalog to see what people want.
Well that would be Shenmue 3 and Skies 2 Sega!!

Samba would be great though and a new Crazy Taxi aswell!

Got to love the Dreamcast!!

Yea, Crazy Taxi with the Wiimote would rock!

I think the Wii is really going to benefit Sega the most in terms of game development maybe even moreso than Nintendo.

Shenmue III now would just be embarrassing. I don't think anyone truly grasps how silly the plot in that game is by today's standards. If you cherish your fond memories of the game with the badguy who managed to run over a cat, splash a girl with mud, and make an old guy fall over and hurt his back all in one dramatic exit, then seriously - let go.

Or wish for a Shenmue 3, but never really mean it. :)

Shenmue III now would just be embarrassing. I don't think anyone truly grasps how silly the plot in that game is by today's standards. If you cherish your fond memories of the game with the badguy who managed to run over a cat, splash a girl with mud, and make an old guy fall over and hurt his back all in one dramatic exit, then seriously - let go.

There is a lot more to it than that,I don't make me get Lan Di(Stocka) on you :mad:

Of course there's more to it, I just don't think it would survive today because people expect so much more from a game's story. You think anyone who's played the countless Final Fantasies will be even remotely as swept away by this wooden guy with a very odd disinterest in girls and his utterly slow pursuit of a man who - gasp! - killed his father, as WE were?

Fans would love it. Fans will always love things, but how could they possibly introduce the game to a new audience and have them care even the slightest? Shenmue isn't cheap. Last time I checked it was the most expensive games project ever, and you need more than a rabid core fanbase.

I just think the ship has sailed a long time ago. I loved Shenmue - every Sega fan did with a heart and a Dreamcast - but right now I just think the foundation is too weak and unengaging.

It's great in the same way Secret Rings' and Outrun 2's soundtracks are, and people just don't get that anymore.

Yea I would agree with you on that one.

Years ago,when there was more "proper gamers",who where more optimistic about gaming,would like Shenmue for what it is.With Shenmue,you can feel immersed in it,and love it.And when things happen you get a sort of rush,like the huge fight you have down at the pier nearer the end of Shenmue.It was really enjoyable,and with QTE,it adds to that experience and you can appreciate more.

But nowadays with gamers,they expect a lot of action like FPS in and sports games and don't take the chance to see the game for what it really is and from an appreciative perspective,so they don't get to enjoy the experience more and might say "This game sucks"

Older SEGA and Dreamcast fans,yea they would probably get it to see what happens and have the story fulfilled but other people won't because they might find it "dull" ,"slow placed" or "boring",and if they true it without taking the time to enjoy it,they rush through and decide they don't like it.

It would be even harder for new fans to get into it more since they've missed the first two,so they would have to play the first two too enjoy the experience more.

It was really expensive to make and develop,and to make up for the loss,they would need a big fan base to make a nice profit,but it would be a even bigger challenge for them to attract the attention of the players that play sports,fps and the really action packed games.

Gamers might not even enjoy listening to the music of games(or even notice it's there),but if there's one thing I like in a game,it's some good music,but people might not actually bother to listen to it properly which can be a shame since thre is a lot of games out there with good pieces of music in them.

There may more people who play games ,but not as much as proper "core gamers",with people loving graphics and thinking it's cool and it wouldn't hurt to have people who get fully involved in a game.

If there was a sequal,it might have lost some ground since it's predecessors,and it might be hard to attract to other gamers so it may not be very successfull as much as we want it to be,which is a shame because it holds potential.

:D Don't make me laugh Sonic the Hedgehog fan.