NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CooInTheZoo

Damn you Microsoft!

..Your IM stinks!

Ok recently rebooted PC wont connect to MSN or Windows Messenger at all. Wont let me connect to my NET.passport. Does anyone have any suggestions?

and u can get on web pages by the fact youve got on here, have u tried signing in with a different account if possible?

ive had shitloads of problems with msn, vs7 is so buggy, i keep gettin port errors on the troubleshooter, when my internet is working! You maybe could update msn if u havent got the latest version, or maybe a reinstall would help?

i know its all very vague but thats all i can think of

Re downloading messenger COULD help, not definitly, the newer version had a lot of bug fixes

Well i think if windows messenger and msn dont, then its a problem with my firewall maybe? It was all so simple with Windows98...

Ive never had any problems with msn, I was a way to say coo, ill help you on msn.

*smacks head*

I had a million and one problems with version 7, but then I upgraded to 7.5 and I've had no problems since. What version are you using?

Anyone guide me through it? Norton AntiVirus is like the biggest bitch!

I think you double click the norton internet security icon,

Click personal firewall,

Click configure on the left,

Click programs,

Find msn messenger under the list of programs and set the status to permit all. If its not there click program scan and find msn.

But that may not be the problem. :hmm:

You know if you used trillian then none of this would happen. You'de just get slow transfer speeds. But thats another kettle of fish.

*walks off*

You know if you used trillian then none of this would happen. You'de just get slow transfer speeds. But thats another kettle of fish.

*walks off*

i agree trillian rox! but sumtimes it still dont sign on to msn for my trillian

It may have something to do with your security settings if its not working after trying all the above.i have that problem, it all depends on what error message your getting, last time my msn went kaput it was the security issues and i had to tick and untick a few boxes in the IE tools.

*walks off*

thats what i was gonna say as well :)

http://www.trillian.cc if anyones intrested

i think someone should go and kick the guy who invented norton in the nuts. i hate it. but parent who know nothing about pcs get it and it stops you from doing anything on the pc.

yeah i used to have norton (with AOhelL), it was awesomely sucky on the resources on my pc, but now i have a nice hardware firewall on my router, and mcaffee virus scan :)

well not really recommended or anything but i'd try disabling your firewall for a bit, just to see if it is causing the problem.

Trillian works....yet MSN doesnt? I'm starting to think its microsoft fucking up again. I hate trillian :(

Sign in to follow this