N-Europe

Square Enix looking to bring an online title to Wii

spirited away

I hadnt realised this was posted before... until you chaps started mentioning Crystal Chronicles. I hope they do come to an arrangement over the friend code issue for this. But if not, we can share our friend codes via the boards here and play together anyway! :yay:

It would be great if theres something else in the pipeline too.

I don't understand how the multiplayer on something like Crystal Chronicles would be in conflict with the friend codes system, unless there's some part of some MMO-like feature conflicting with it (lobby ect.). I'm sure Ninty and Squeenix, two companies who are all probably having hawt butt schecks with each other in between meetings, will work something out.

I don't think it's conflicting, but the Friend Code system is potentially a barrier for online games (it makes it a lot harder to connect); and therefore I think Square Enix has doubts about it. You don't want to release an online game on a system that restrains people from playing.

What I hope Nintendo will do is create some sort of system that utilizes the Wii mailing system to pass on Friend Codes from the games without having to manually transfer them. Hope they make it easier, anyway.

I don't understand how the multiplayer on something like Crystal Chronicles would be in conflict with the friend codes system, unless there's some part of some MMO-like feature conflicting with it (lobby ect.). I'm sure Ninty and Squeenix, two companies who are all probably having hawt butt schecks with each other in between meetings, will work something out.
Mii Parade should be made a lobby, IMO.

It's probably more of a creative decision then any kind of technical barrier.

Nono, I didn't mean techical barrier. I meant barrier for the users. The Friend Codes make it less attractive to play online, especially for the Wii's main audience.