N-Europe

Boogie

Teppo Holmqvist

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't find official press release yet, which probably means the finnish gaming site broke the street date...

Huh?

Here's the press release anyway.

Montreal, Canada – March 23, 2007 – Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that Boogie™ – an all new intellectual property in development at EA Montreal will be released exclusively for the Wii™ worldwide in 2007. Boogie is a unique music/rhythm-based game that takes advantage of the innovative Wii controls to get gamers off their couch, playing and dancing to a new beat.

“We’re creating something new and different for gamers of all ages to enjoy; the complete party package where gamers can dance as well as sing,†said Alain Tascan, Vice President and General Manager, EA Montreal. “Nintendo’s Wii is an amazing console that really gives us a platform to be creative and to re-think traditional game development.â€

Boogie will have gamers dancing, singing and starring in their own music videos. Players can also choose and customize different characters in the game to best show off their dancing style and karaoke skills. With innovative gameplay that perfectly matches the unique Wii controls, Boogie is the ultimate videogame party package.

Boogie is the latest addition to EA Montreal’s roster of high profile games including SSX™ Blur and ARMY OF TWO™. SSX Blur is the newest version of the critically acclaimed snowboarding franchise that shipped exclusively for the Wii in February.

it'll have to be some sort of clip-on thing then, since this game will use both the wiimore and the nunchuck, or maybe a headset? or a micstand? :p the possibilities are endless :D

Damn, I forgot that this game uses the nunchuk as well. :hmm:

In that case, I've got no idea how this will work. Has to be a headset or something, I guess.

I think the mic will plug into the bottom of the wii remote and you hold it like a normal mic. It will probably have some sort of plug in it so you can attach the nunchuk to the mic.

The game looks like it might be quite good fun, from the screen shot I'd say you move the nunchuck up, down, left and right in time with the music.

yeah ... cus he's pink ;) ... i think he looks more like a retarded italian mafia guy :D

I think the mic will plug into the bottom of the wii remote and you hold it like a normal mic. It will probably have some sort of plug in it so you can attach the nunchuk to the mic.

I was thinking the same thing, but that would mean you'd have to hold it upside down, since the plug is at the bottom, AND that would mean that the chord will be at the 'top', doesn't sound to handy tbh.

But time will tell i guess

I was thinking the same thing, but that would mean you'd have to hold it upside down, since the plug is at the bottom, AND that would mean that the chord will be at the 'top', doesn't sound to handy tbh.

But time will tell i guess

Yeah didn't think of that, and the wrist strap would be at the top too, so you'd either have it flapping in your face whilst prancing about, or you would have to dislocate your wrist to fit it through the strap and hold the remote upside down.

• 3 weeks later...

Update, sounds awesome:

The game's unique visual style is apparent right away. The dancing portion of the game takes place on a dance floor (complete with flashing panels) that has been set up on a stage. There's a crowd in front of the stage, and there are three judges in the background; the judges look like a cross between Pikmin and something out of A Nightmare Before Christmas. Caballero promises a host of interesting and fully customizable characters in the final version of the game, but there was only one character in the demo. His name was Grosso, and he looked kind of like Patrick from SpongeBob SquarePants but with spiky hair. Grosso stood on the center of the dance floor facing the audience when KC & The Sunshine Band's "That's The Way I Like It" began to play.

When the music kicked in, Grosso started to dance. Caballero described the way you interact with your character as "puppeteering," and after watching him play, that analogy makes sense. Getting your character to cut a rug is surprisingly simple. The Nunchuk controls your character's lower body movement, so moving it to the left will cause your character to move his or her hips to the left; if you move it in a circular motion, your character's hips will rotate. The Wii Remote is used to control the upper body. A pair of eyes appears onscreen where your remote is pointing, and your character's eyes follow the remote around as it moves, with your character's upper body following suit. This sounds complex, but after seeing it executed, the controls seem to be surprisingly intuitive, and there were a large number of dance moves that could be performed with ease.

But you're not just up there for fun; you've got to impress the audience and the judges too. If you stink up the joint, the crowd will boo and the camera lens will crack, which is a clear indicator that you need to improve your performance. When the song is over, the judges raise scorecards and give you a numerical score based on what they thought of your choreography, tempo, and style. Caballero was quick to point out that this system is a work in progress and could change over time.

Dancing is just one part of the game--you can sing karaoke and make your own music videos too.

The dancing portion of the game is interesting on its own, but you'll also be able to sing along to the music in the game's karaoke mode, and it sounds like the ability to create your own video will add a lot to the game as well. Caballero wasn't ready to release details on these two modes, but he promised that the developers were working on some really neat ideas. He also said that the soundtrack would have a large number of songs, and it seems that multiplayer will play a huge role in the game. Customizing your character's outfits will also play a big role, but again, we were unable to get any specifics.

At this point, there are more questions than answers about Boogie. EA's willingness to show the game so early in development is a testament to both its commitment to developing original content for the Wii and its belief that Boogie's unique concept has what it takes to be a hit. But even with so much about the game still unknown, it's looking very intriguing and has loads of potential.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.vooks.net/modules.php?module=article&id=11714

Small video, looks cool

Boogie_Theatre_01.jpg

Boogie_Theatre_02.jpg

Boogie_Theatre_03.jpg

Boogie_Theatre_04.jpg

Boogie_Theatre_05.jpg

Dance, Sing, Create! Play to an all-new beat in this singing and dancing game where you create and customize your very own Boog, and then take the stage to become a star. Using the unique Wii™ controls and a peripheral microphone, showcase your best singing and dancing moves. Use the fun and intuitive editing toy to create your very own music video, complete with multiple camera angles and cool special effects - this is the ultimate videogame party package!

With a huge selection of hit songs from over four decades, a variety of lovable characters, and an intuitive controller scheme, Boogie is the must-have sing-along, dance-a-long party game for players of all ages.

· Make Your Boog a Star—Choose one of the Boogs and customize their look.

· Controls That Make You Shake & Move—Bring your Boog to life with the innovative, motion-based Wii controls. Dance, shake, and move with the Wii Remote while controlling your Boog’s upper body movements and facial expressions with the Nunchuk.

· Your Moves, Your Voice, Your Video—Capture your best dance moves, record your voice, and make your Boog a star with the easy-to-use editing toy. Change camera angles, add effects, and create the ultimate music video.

· Party It Up—Fun mini-games, coop gameplay, head-to-head battles, and karaoke party makes Boogie the perfect party game and a complete entertainment experience.

· The Music Reigns Supreme—From rock to pop, disco to funk, Boogie will have you singing and dancing to an all-new beat.

What happened to The Nightmare Before Christmas look? It's all gone Bratz now!

Yeah yuk, those avatars are horrible...

I can't agree more! The previous look of the game was MUCH better!

I can't agree more! The previous look of the game was MUCH better!

Sigh... can't any of you guys actually read the feature list?

Make Your Boog a Star—Choose one of the Boogs and customize their look.

And if you can't still grasp it, game features different dancers that can be customized for your own liking. If preview 3 concentrates on different dancers it doesn't mean that dancer from preview 1 or 2 would be gone. Some common sense goes long way.

Sigh... can't any of you guys actually read the feature list?

Make Your Boog a Star—Choose one of the Boogs and customize their look.

And if you can't still grasp it, game features different dancers that can be customized for your own liking. If preview 3 concentrates on different dancers it doesn't mean that dancer from preview 1 or 2 would be gone. Some common sense goes long way.

My excuse... I'm an idiot! Haha

I gotta admit, I didn't read the whole lot, from the other posts I assumed they had and thought it had changed!

...see, I am an idiot! Ha ha!

From GoNintendo

Kotaku had some hands-on time with EA’s Boogie, and some new details come with their impressions.

- Two gameplay modes: dancing and singing

- Songs available in the hands-on version: Brick House, You’re the One That I Want, That’s the Way I Like it, Don’t Cha

- “Vocal assist†mixes your voice with a background voice to make for a more pleasant sound

- Microphone will be packed in

- Nunchuck controls body movements & facial expressions, Wiimote is for dance moves. A button can be used to change dance styles, B trigger for modifying moves

- Tokens can be picked up on the dance floor, as well as multiplyers and power-ups

- The idol meter will allow you to do uber dancing tricks by holding A and B while performing motions with the controllers. The idole meter is filled by power-ups

- There is a shop to spend tokens on outfits, hairstyles, and more

- Two player will most likely offer the ability to have one dancer and one singer

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!