Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I heard part 6 of USoE earlier today. Imo the entire track (so far) is cheesy, over the top and very flamboyant, but bloody hell it's brilliant! :grin: I can understand why some peeps aren't going to like it though. Muse are one of those bands that like to push themselves further and experiment, they're a band that you need to approach with an open mind.

Then why was it posted that it's the full song? if it is then it's incomplete and if it's not then I wish they would just hurry the fuck up and release the rest of the track... they've hyped it more than enough now and it's just pissing me off.

The full song is 'United States of Eurasia (+ Collateral Damage)', as said earlier. Don't worry, I'm sure it's coming! ^^

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Don't get me wrong, I love Muse and yes it is very OTT even for them, I do like the way it builds up and the Queen inspired bits work well the first couple of times but not for the Eurasia bit... this is why I'm hoping the Collateral Damage part will be decent to compensate.

I want the album to flow well like Origin of Symmetry did and not sound 'messy' like Black Holes and Revelations... which I still like but when albums don't flow well it makes them less listenable so I'm at least hoping that their latest album will be well paced.

Edited by S.C.G

I heard part 6 of USoE earlier today. Imo the entire track (so far) is cheesy, over the top and very flamboyant, but bloody hell it's brilliant! :grin: I can understand why some peeps aren't going to like it though. Muse are one of those bands that like to push themselves further and experiment, they're a band that you need to approach with an open mind.

Or face the fact that no matter what Muse release people will rape the shit out of it.

I wouldn't call them "experimental" in doing an homage to Queen.

---

The Playlist to my Summer so far;

Bulletproof/In For The Kill/Armour Love - La Roux

Scream - Michael and Janet Jackson

They Don't Care About Us - Michael Jackson

Sonnets/Unrealities XI - Bjork

Hurricane Drunk - Florence & The Machine

Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle - Nirvana

All lovely. I can't get La Roux out of my head. The album is so good. Though I don't share the same love of Tigerlily as everyone else.

I can't get La Roux out of my head. The album is so good. Though I don't share the same love of Tigerlily as everyone else.

La Roux is indeed lovely but seriously, why no love for Tigerlily? I love it personally :) loved it so much that I sig'd my favourite lyrics from it. :awesome:

La Roux is indeed lovely but seriously, why no love for Tigerlily? I love it personally :) loved it so much that I sig'd my favourite lyrics from it. :awesome:

I don't dislike it, but it's not as good as some of the others/ It has no high point that makes it stand out, like some other tracks that wouldn't stand out without a high point.

To me anyway. I adore Colourless Colour atm too.

Oh no, it wasn't sarcasm (dunno why I used that emoticon), everyone needs a bit of screamo sometimes (or most of the time for me at the moment)!

May I also recommend a band called Family Force 5, kinda similar, their first album that is (Business Up Front/Party In The Back). If you want something a bit more electro-y then their second album (Dance Or Die) is also good!

I've only ever met one other person who likes Family Force 5...

Edited by Eddage

Yeah, I was just listening to Everywhere I Go, it's awesome!

By the way, check the edit of my last post!

I shall youtube! check back later ;P

listened to a few songs and Verdict: Not bad! (as one song i didnt like and a few i did!)

Ive definately become more open minded in regards to music - and I have to say Im glad I can listen to a wider variety!

Then why was it posted that it's the full song? if it is then it's incomplete and if it's not then I wish they would just hurry the fuck up and release the rest of the track... they've hyped it more than enough now and it's just pissing me off.

Apparently it is piano according to zane lowe.... SHAME

I shall youtube! check back later ;P

listened to a few songs and Verdict: Not bad! (as one song i didnt like and a few i did!)

Ive definately become more open minded in regards to music - and I have to say Im glad I can listen to a wider variety!

My favourite track is definitely Love Addict, good fun!

Other favs are Numb, Drama Queen and Never Let Me Go.

Although, I have to say that the album grew on me, I probably would have just said "not bad" when I first listened, now I love it and they're my most played on Last.fm!

Well as long as there is something on the end to finish it properly because the 'EuraSIA! SIA! SIA!' bit just doesn't cut it... in any case I wasn't expecting it to be the best track on the album or anything so I'm not too bothered, hopefully 'Uprising' will be better and worth the wait though I'm allready skeptical about it... :/

Well as long as there is something on the end to finish it properly because the 'EuraSIA! SIA! SIA!' bit just doesn't cut it... in any case I wasn't expecting it to be the best track on the album or anything so I'm not too bothered, hopefully 'Uprising' will be better and worth the wait though I'm allready skeptical about it... :/

Guitar based song- chants of OI OI OI though- a bit like ACDC OMG A HOMAGE TO ACDC WOULD BE GREAT

I like using it for EMPHASIS or EXCITEMENT or maybe a MIXTURE OF THE TWO as it STANDS OUT

Yeah that's why there're the options to embolden and italicise your text. A little VARIETY never hurt anyone.

Uh oh, heated discussion! Man I love this place.

Personally, once you get past the shock of "Oh my god, was that Queen?" the first time, you can realy appreciate the song. It took me back when I heard it the first time but I've listened to the song as each part came out and I've totally loved it. I've had it in my head for a few days now. I was expecting something bigger towards the end, but never mind - the end result is still fantastic.

Or face the fact that no matter what Muse release people will rape the shit out of it.

Lol true, I noticed that during the Black Holes and Revelations era tbh, even some fans were moaning about it! Personally, I like pretty much everything they've done so far.

Imo, that's a good thing. Whilst I do like Black Holes and Revelations, it's seriously lacking piano interludes/tunes. It's good that there's going to be more of it in The Resistance. I look forward to it! ^^

Shania Twain is such a mood-lifter. She's not musical genius, let's not lie, but she has a knack for creating awesome pop-power (not really power-pop, just pop songs that makes you happy and powerful, but that aren't trite and rubbish).

She needs to stop using exclamation marks though; Ka-Ching! I'm Gonna Getcha Good! Don't! Man! I Feel Like A Woman! Up! (If You're Not In It For Love) Then I'm Outta Here! <--My favourite song title ever.