Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Classic Offspring? Christ that makes me feel old...

Haha! me too Goaferboy don't worry ;) I mean the album did come out in 1998 which was over a decade ago... sheesh I was still in school back then lolol.

I'm not too fond of their more recent stuff, though their last album had a few decent tracks... but at the time Americana was awesome and still worth a listen every now and then. :)

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Users on last.fm say Avril's new album is coming in November, but I can't find any sources for it. Anyone here knows anything?

She said in some interview it would either be late this year or very early next. The november date is pure speculation. :)

Why is the album info update thing for WMP so shit sometimes? it has no info for La Roux' full album yet... have added the info myself but it won't scrobble :/ just kinda sucks because you'd think they'd have the info up there by now easily.

(New In Town has dancing hobos. Dancing hobos! How dare you :heh:)

I personally (and it is very much a personal thing) feel that her image is so manufactured and so fake. As if she decided to come up with this image to sell her music, rather than it coming from her personality. As discussed when she first hit (and I think it was Chair who said) you don't become famous for your image (not in music anyway), you need to prove you are a musically strong artist to afford such an image. She just seems to have gone "well, im not a great musician...let's just wear crazy stuff" at it reeks of artifice and desperation to me personally.

I've missed the discussion but if that last paragraph refers to lady gaga, you are not alone with those thoughts. I think everyone who doesn't rim her feels the same way.

Leighton Meester - Body Control (Thanks Ash!)

Her first song off the new album to leak. No idea whether it's the single or not though. Still, this is damn catchy

Love it.

Been waiting months for a single to finally appear, knew she wouldn't disappoint. Now, if there's some stuff like her leaked "Birthday" song on the album too, I'll be so happy. It's one of my most played songs on Last.fm, I love it to bits.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by Slaggis

Her first song off the new album to leak. No idea whether it's the single or not though. There's a demo that was from Lady GaGa that she's recorded too, supposedly. Still, this is damn catchy

I'm sorry but that is absolutely awful, I gave it a full listen to give it the benefit of the doubt. But its too much like the other pop crap at the minute. Far too much crappy electric sound effects that seem more at home in a 80s sci fi film and whats with those god awful lyrics.

"I know you've seen me with my body moving out of control. I know you've seen me, don't you know that I've got body control."

Seriously what?.. Her bodies out of control.. then she has control?.. make up your mind love.

Her first song off the new album to leak. No idea whether it's the single or not though. Still, this is damn catchy

Love it.

Been waiting months for a single to finally appear, knew she wouldn't disappoint. Now, if there's some stuff like her leaked "Birthday" song on the album too, I'll be so happy. It's one of my most played songs on Last.fm, I love it to bits.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

LOVES IT!

I have loved everything that Leighton has done so far, cannot wait for the album!

A clip of the Sugababes much hyped first single has just leaked. They've been working with masses of people over in America, in an effort to push themselves into the big league after flopping with their last album

The lack of a proper chorus is worrying. They annoy me anyway.

LOVES IT!

I have loved everything that Leighton has done so far, cannot wait for the album!

Saaame! Cannot wait to see a video for it and hear her do some promo for the album.

Edited by Slaggis
Automerged Doublepost

O RLY....?

I think he's referring to the fact that he's believing each new rumour he keeps hearing about Muse and is then annoyed when it turns out to be not true :heh: can't you just wait till tomorrow Stuwii? as you said, they are gonna be on Radio 1 on Monday so surely the proper details will be announced then?

Sure I wanna hear the new single and I'll most likely buy the new album but I don't see the point in getting hyped until any solid details are released, yes I'm excited because there's a new album coming but I don't see the point in getting worked up over mere rumours. :/

I think he's referring to the fact that he's believing each new rumour he keeps hearing about Muse and is then annoyed when it turns out to be not true :heh: can't you just wait till tomorrow Stuwii? as you said, they are gonna be on Radio 1 on Monday so surely the proper details will be announced then?

Sure I wanna hear the new single and I'll most likely buy the new album but I don't see the point in getting hyped until any solid details are released, yes I'm excited because there's a new album coming but I don't see the point in getting worked up over mere rumours. :/

I am talking about these silly interviews- we are going R'n'B and classical

Just heard 3OH!3 - Don't Trust Me and freaking love it. The "Tell your boyfriend if he's got beef, that I'm a vegetarian and I ain't fucking scared of him" made me laugh rather loudly.

I really can't warm to Boom Boom Pow, but I just heard I Gotta Feeling and it's so much better. Still can't understand how either got to number 1 in the US though.

I'm in love with Bonkers now, after finally managing to warm to it. His new track with Calvin Harris would be amazing if it didn't sound SO much like a Calvin Harris track (if you hadn't guessed, I loathe Calvin Harris with a passion). Last but now least, I hate to say it...but I quite like "Kiss Me Thru The Phone" from Soulja Boy for it's utterly ridiculous lyrics/catchy chorus.

Can someone fill me in with these new details about the Muse album and/or Radio1 appearance?

This is the tracklist apparently...

Muse "The Resistance" TRACKLISTING

1. Uprising

2. Resistance

3. Undisclosed Desires

4. United States of Eurasia (+ Collateral Damage)

5. Guiding Light

6. Unnatural Selection

7. Mk. Ultra

8. I Belong to You (+ Mon Coeur S'Ouvre A Ta Voix) (My heart opens itself to your voice)

9. Exogenesis : Symphony Part I (Overture)

10. Exogenesis : Symphony Part II (Cross Pollination)

11. Exogenesis : Symphony Part III (Redemption)

And there is an interview on radio 1 tomorrow night... I might get to listen to it at work so long as the Radio doesn't get switched over or something, though tbh I'm not too bothered, if they are actually playing their new single though I'd be interested in hearing that obviously.

...but I quite like "Kiss Me Thru The Phone" from Soulja Boy for it's utterly ridiculous lyrics/catchy chorus.

A guilty pleasure we share then, thankfully it wasn't just me :p

Edited by Razz

A guilty pleasure we share then, thankfully it was just me :p

I don't like it personally but the ridiculous lyrics did make me lol I must admit so I can easilly see why people would like it for the comedy value, if it gives people enjoyment in some way then that's fine by me. :)

I wonder if a lot of these rap 'artists' actually realise how daft some of their lyrics sound though :/ not all of it's bad, just a lot of it seems to sound quite silly to me.

This is the tracklist apparently...

And there is an interview on radio 1 tomorrow night... I might get to listen to it at work so long as the Radio doesn't get switched over or something, though tbh I'm not too bothered, if they are actually playing their new single though I'd be interested in hearing that obviously.

I'm liking the tracklisting. Really excited about that symphony business at the end :D The thought has excited me since I heard about it. Guess the album might end up being quite experimental after all.

My belayed thoughts on the last few pages;

-Lady Gaga I find more and more entertaining after finding her annoying. I dislike her immensely in interviews/her views of what she produces, she's an entertaining and refreshing performer, with more talent than a lot of her peers.

-Haggis not giving La Roux a proper listen because he doesn't like the way she comes across in the media makes me want to throw up.

INTERLUDE: Ghost by Michael Jackson just came on shuffle, I've never heard it before. I love.

-Leighton Meester's solo music sounds about as mediocre as her song with Cobra Starship...those kinda songs that you know you could have written better. lol

----

While stranded up here in Orkney, I bought In Utero by Nirvana. Lovely.

Edited by Paj!
Automerged Doublepost

-Haggis not giving La Roux a proper listen because he doesn't like the way she comes across in the media makes me want to throw up.

I know its not fair but there are certain celebrities that are so detestable within the public sphere that I just can't stand their work. Surely you've come across people (in real life or famous people) who may produce great work, but they're a right dick.

It can work well the other way though, someone can seem so nice you seek their work out.