• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

Although before we do. Every week for one lecture we have to post online responses to questions. I, of course, made the subject title a pop culture reference. For the lecture on horror films I wanted to put "To catch a monster, we make a movie, set the tempo and cut its cut its brains out" but figured that was a bit too random (and long). Believe I went for "Moons and Horror Shows" in the end.

Enough of me prattling on. Feel good music time!

Come on, who doesn't love trumpets, hand clapping and tamborines? (although the video isn't too great)

Dear Kate,

I love you muchly. As an artist you've inspired, both myself and many others. You've been consummately there; present in your lovely music and eccentricity. I write now to send you All The Love, in hope for a new album to feast my ears upon.

Yours,

chairdriver xxx

Also PAJ PAJ PAJ PAJ PAJ Which Madonna albums/songs did you say where worth listening to? :)

I've got a playlist for Triforce, and you can have it too, but I have no idea how to zip a folder! :(

Otherwise, her best albums are Erotica (evocative of some non-existant time, combining what sounds like smoky jazz with discos with s+m clubs), Ray Of Light (:bowdown: Everyone acknowledges this as great) and American Life (Opinion VERY divided on this. Of course I'm right when I say it's amazingly cool. I've never heard another album like it, to be honest).

If you like her older poppy stuff, get True Blue and Like A Prayer, both absolute classic 80's albums, not bad moment on either, Like A Prayer being better regarded, as it's her first "arty" one, dealign with her rejection of catholicism :bowdown: .

Not interested in the first two albums, don't sound interesting to me. ("Madonna" and "Like A Virgin")

Right click> Zip, Make Archieve...something like that :/ (depends on OS and what program you use to zip)

I'm on Mac OSX, and now idea what program I would use to zip. I use Stuffit Expander to OPEN zip files...

---

Does anyone here get to into what they're listening to, and end up doing really random things?

I realised I scratched myself on my shoulder and was chewing (seriously) my headphones cable whilst listening to May Queen by Liz Phair.

If I was actually into heavier metal stuff, I would probably end up in some kinda trance, in which I went on killing sprees or somesuch.

I've got a playlist for Triforce, and you can have it too, but I have no idea how to zip a folder! :(

Otherwise, her best albums are Erotica (evocative of some non-existant time, combining what sounds like smoky jazz with discos with s+m clubs), Ray Of Light (:bowdown: Everyone acknowledges this as great) and American Life (Opinion VERY divided on this. Of course I'm right when I say it's amazingly cool. I've never heard another album like it, to be honest).

If you like her older poppy stuff, get True Blue and Like A Prayer, both absolute classic 80's albums, not bad moment on either, Like A Prayer being better regarded, as it's her first "arty" one, dealign with her rejection of catholicism :bowdown: .

Not interested in the first two albums, don't sound interesting to me. ("Madonna" and "Like A Virgin")

Awesome thanks. :awesome:

I've never properly listened to her before. I have Hard Candy. :p but that's no good!

Okay so I just got Ray of Light and American Life off my friend. I shall start off with giving them a listen. :) (I also got Music and Confessions on the dancefloor off my friend!)

Thank you for the recommendation. I want to listen to her good stuff first. :D

I also end up doing some odd stuff while listening to music last time I was listening I went into some kind of trance and started to cut through a CD case with nail scissors. Also because my laptop is by my sink I also managed to carve an "N" my intial into the soap.....

:p

Awesome thanks. :awesome:

I've never properly listened to her before. I have Hard Candy. :p but that's no good!

Okay so I just got Ray of Light and American Life off my friend. I shall start off with giving them a listen. :) (I also got Music and Confessions on the dancefloor off my friend!)

Thank you for the recommendation. I want to listen to her good stuff first. :D

Music is very highly regarded it seems (In a book of "essential albums", it lists Like A Prayer, Ray Of Light and Music).

I however, am not a fan. It doesn't flow all together as one, and some of the songs sound SO cheap compared to others. WIFLFAG is one of her best songs ever though.

And yeah, Hard Candy is her only "bad" album I own.

-----

"Touched like a virgin, for the very first tiiiiime"

Can I post links to mp3's on this blog? Only remixes though not stuff you can actually buy.

What are the rules because if I can download it off the HypeMachine it should be okay, right?

Don't know what Hypemachine is, but if something is an unofficial/non-commercially available remix, it's generaly (in most cases) fine to share.

I THINK the same is with stuff that is no longer commerically available...not sure.

That's what I thought.

Right-clickage:

Pacific! - Hold Me (Breakbot Remix)

Pacific! - Runaway to Elsewhere (Breakbot Remix)

Edit: I've now turned my vaguely aimless blog into a semi-music blog. Check it out. There is a great Sebastian Tellier remix I put up as well.

http://daftvice.wordpress.com/2009/01/03/new-year-break-bot/

Does anyone know how to put a flash player on my blog?? I've seen it on other blogs but I can't work out how to put it in.

I've just fell in love with Lady Gaga

And just read how she got into the business aswell, wow I respect her so much.

Someone who writes all their own lyrics, melodies, synths....wowowow lovelovelovelovelove

Will be buying the album when its out here (in about a weeks time) i downloaded it a few days ago though as I couldent wait!

It's an amazing album, I had pushed her aside before and was ignorent and chose not to listen to her music because of the press and such saying Aguilera was stealing Lady Gaga's look.

Damnn, it's a shame she is just the support act for the pussycat dolls, was gunna buy tickets for it aswell a few months ago, pffft.

Wonder if she will do a standalone tour?

I've just fell in love with Lady Gaga

And just read how she got into the business aswell, wow I respect her so much.

Someone who writes all their own lyrics, melodies, synths....wowowow lovelovelovelovelove

Will be buying the album when its out here (in about a weeks time) i downloaded it a few days ago though as I couldent wait!

It's an amazing album, I had pushed her aside before and was ignorent and chose not to listen to her music because of the press and such saying Aguilera was stealing Lady Gaga's look.

Damnn, it's a shame she is just the support act for the pussycat dolls, was gunna buy tickets for it aswell a few months ago, pffft.

Wonder if she will do a standalone tour?

Though I don't have the album, she seems VERY overhyped. I mean, her lyrics are pretty awful, let's not lie to each other.

Just Dance is the only genuinely good song I've heard. (Poker Face felt all mixed up, and Beautiful Dirty Rich sounded odd and bland)

Better than what Aguilera is doing atm though.

?

Okay...:blank:

----

In other news, I bought Fleet Foxes by...Fleet Foxes.

Literally lovely.

It was kinda in response to you criticizing Lady Gaga because her lyrics are crap.

And that's a pretty awesome album, Different from mot of the new stuff I've heard over the course of the year.

It was kinda in response to you criticizing Lady Gaga because her lyrics are crap.

Do you think I'm some sort of worshipper of Britney Spears? If I were, and if she wrote anything resembling a song in her life, I'd get what you were aiming for? :confused:

As it stands, I dislike her as a musical entity, enjoying her music as far as crappy pop songs can be enjoyed. :p

I'm really behind with this but I downloaded it ages ago and has hidden itself among the myriad of desktop icons for a couple months and I only discovered it late last night.

Anyone heard the MSTRKRFT remix of Metric's Monster Hospital?

It's awesome. I'll be putting it on my blog when I finally finish my essays which should be the end of today (or very very early tomorrow morning :heh: ).

I'm really behind with this but I downloaded it ages ago and has hidden itself among the myriad of desktop icons for a couple months and I only discovered it late last night.

Anyone heard the MSTRKRFT remix of Metric's Monster Hospital?

It's awesome. I'll be putting it on my blog when I finally finish my essays which should be the end of today (or very very early tomorrow morning :heh: ).

I could need to hear. I only have one Metric album (Grow Up An Blow Away), and I've only heard MASTRKRFT's mix of D.A.N.C.E by Justice, but it sounds promising.

I'm thoroughly confused, but Paj maybe it's cos your avvie looks like her? (I know it's not, mulholland drive etc). Anywho nevermind.

Possibly.

But yeah...It's not, JonSt.:heh: