NEurope

Although I do have a fondness for Wainwright's version (and no not saying its best, I just like it. Simmer down people :p)

Well for starters I plain disagree with that, but that's not what's so bad about this news for me.

What they're doing is turning quite possibly the song which has had the greatest impact on my life and turning it in to a soul less, saccharine load of shit for a quick buck.

I grew up on Grace. It's the album that, above all others, means something to me. It made me love music. I listen to it when I'm down, I listen to it when I'm happy, when I think, when I've loved, when I've been broken hearted. I've owned a copy since I was 15 and never stopped listening to it. Every nuance, every note, every blissful vocal touch, every beautiful note is ingrained on my mind permanently and I know I'll never, ever get bored of it. This is one of the greatest albums ever made by an artist who's untimely death is, in my opinion, a greater loss to music than Jimi Hendrix; and here we are: Simon Cowell and his band of fuckwads are going to introduce thousands upon thousands of people to one of the best songs of all time with a half baked cover version thrown together to exploit public interest in his god awful shitfest of a show.

What a fucking insult.

Seems as though the song has had a similar effect on you as it has to me, as well as several other Buckley songs (Lover, You Should Have Come Over, Last Goodbye etc). I must say that I agree with this post. The song is something special. I'm rather shocked they plan on doing this.

Still, for me, at least it's not Shipbuilding by Elvis Costello...

Although I do have a fondness for Wainwright's version (and no not saying its best, I just like it. Simmer down people :p)

Geeet out! :heh:

On a side note I don't think Villan will like this news much either..

Woah, woah woah.

We all know John Cale did the best version of Hallelujah...

?rel=0&autoplay=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Though I kinda like all versions I've heard, apart from the X-factor one; that girl's voice is way too gravelly for that song.

EDIT: Apparently, I suck at posting YT videos, so heres the link...

I am somewhat dying inside that Fall Out Boy is beating Tori Amos in music warz.

But then I guess I should't invest so much in what others think is good/not. I just wish Precious Things had been against a shit song like Lady GaGa or Avril or something. Britney even.

-----

One of my favourite songs ever is Bedtime Story by Madonna, written by Bjork. Just a slice of dream-like 90's smooth house music, that is just refreshing compared to some of the dancy music nowadays.

Anyway, it also has one of the best remixes of a song I've ever heard, the Orbital mix. She used Orbital's mix of it for the rerelease of the single with the video from her tour, which is awesome too;

The video is immense. (N.B Check out the original 1994 video too! Pretty good effects for the time, surreal..)

I dunno, I enjoy most of her stuff a lot, but this is just in another league for me (especially this mix).

I basically concur with every Nathaniel has said. To take such a legendary song and tarnish it with the shit on a stick that is the X-Factor sickens me. Can you imagine every 12 year old next year harping on about how great that Hallelujah song was by who ever won the Shit Factor. It's an insult to music.

Woah, woah woah.

We all know John Cale did the best version of Hallelujah...

?rel=0&autoplay=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Though I kinda like all versions I've heard, apart from the X-factor one; that girl's voice is way too gravelly for that song.

EDIT: Apparently, I suck at posting YT videos, so heres the link...

You only need to put in the bit at the end within the youtube tags to post a YT video ie vEOZLQ3d1FI

so it goes

Another thing that strikes me:

the entire song is about having an orgasm. This, surely, is not what they're looking for :heh:

On a side note I don't think Villan will like this news much either..

I actually couldn't give a flying monkeys to be honest. ::shrug:

But if it was actually a song written by Jeff Buckley himself that they were covering...

...Well I'll leave it to you to guess how many cute little animals would die by my hand. :hmm:

Why are you so good? I would never have anticipated anyone here to actually know, let alone love, a B-side/cover by them.

:bowdown:

I missed this. love you too. p.s. when I first liked them many moons ago, I just downloaded everything I could possibly find!

Most people know on here, Im not really a big Britney fan, but...

I got "Circus" (deluxe edition) for my birthday....and....

Wow O.o

I'm in love with this album, seriously, it's, in my opinion, her best album yet.

My favourite tracks:

Circus

Kill The Lights

Unusual You

Mmm Papi

Shattered Glass

If You Seek Amy

My Baby (i thought it sounded so shit at first, but its just so soppy, you gotta love it XD)

Now if you haven't got the bonus tracks, download these (from somewhere)

Phonography

Rock me In

Amnesia

Quicksand

And especially....

TROUBLE

Why was this just an i-tunes exclusive? Its one of my face tracks.

Such an amazing album, so glad I got the tickets :D

Hehe, I knew you would love it.

Totally agree, it's a pretty damn great album. "If U Seek Amy" and "Circus" are brilliant. I cannot believe "Phonography" was a bonus track though, I love it to bits.

It looks to be up to the fans, as to what the next single is. People can "call" britney" and choose what they want. Apparently "If U Seek Amy" and "Radar" (No!!) are leading.

LOL really?

Hmmm, I think a slow song is in order next, and should deffo be "Unusual You" best slow track on there.

And yeah I agree, Phonography is great, just makes u wonder how many other great tracks were dumped from the album :/

They are some banging bonus tracks. Better than album tracks like Radar (why is it even on the album when it was on the last album?), Mannequin and Mmm Papi.

However, Trouble sounds like a rubbish version of Get Together, cause it borrows the beat. (That's the single mix, not sure if it's present in that)

Shipbuilding. A truly amazing song, coming second on the emotional scale only to Hallelujah, maybe even beating it. I love this song, it's fantastic. Thoughts?

Indeed, brilliant song. Got my sister addicted to that song, she listens to it nonstop. :heh:

I just watched the vid, is that the official one? either way it's awesome. ^^

ninja edit : I also really like Time to Pretend and Electric Feel among others on the album.

Yaahhh, another MGMT discussion. :heh:

Yes, Weekend Wars, Time To Pretend and Kids are my favourite three but for the first time in a long time MGMT managed to bring out an album, of which I enjoyed every track and there were no skippers. A real feat for my music taste tbh :D

Slipknot and Machine Head tomorrow :D. Going to be pretty crazy

Damn you, I really wanted to see Slipknot!! T_T

Seriously though, have a good one!

I love.

I love the girl's face at the grocery check-out. Not really that bothered that he just came.

I love.

I love the girl's face at the grocery check-out. Not really that bothered that he just came.

Justin Timberlakes in that too. Tis rather brilliant.

I think Dyson posted it a few days back..could be wrong though.