NEurope

Kerrang! Does my fucking head in, every time you turn it on they're playing some 5 year old song that was popular in the day.

Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal was playing last time, they had the bloody Rasmus's over played song before that.

MTV2 Is where it's at.

haha I refuse to watch it after I saw britney spears on it. Scuzz doesn't tend to work on my tv -sigh-

MTV2 pssh, hate it. Can't watch mtv, it's why my music isn't too up to date unless I hear it in passing.

It's a car song, but I mean really britney spears with her shaved head on kerrang..

we'll have rihanna on scuzz next..

I love Stronger by Britney Spears. It's just so good to sing-a-long to.

"Crazy" has the same effect on me, no idea why.

Luckily I found paramore before the craze and have since not had much chance to watch kerrang and scuzz so I don't hear them all too often. But it's like the mcr craze, it'll die eventually.

I wonder if anybody else listens to porcelain and the tramps? Or even alice in videoland?

I kinda liked MCR's new album. Some songs were absolute shite, but most of it was listenable. The album that made 'em big was utter tripe though, apart from 'You know what they do to guys like us in prison', 'Thank you for the venom'.

They're arrogant pricks though, and definitely not worth the hype they had.

So I'm trying to get my head around the recent Paramore obsession people seem to be having at school. I'm listening to them and it just sounds the same as every other 'Next big thing' there's been recently :blank:

I mean it's not terrible, but it's not obsession worthy as people are making it out. :zzz:

Not being at school means I had no idea that there was a craze for Paramore.

I might as well say now that I liked them before the craze. First time I saw one of their vids (Emergency), I just could not stop staring at the singer...and the song was alright too...

My Hadouken! single arrived today! Liquid Lives, I likes it alot =P I'll ask again, anyone reccomend me any good electronica?

Oh and I do believe Radiohead are on Jools Holland very shortly, BBC2 for anyone who cares.

anyone reccomend me any good electronica?

You'll have to narrow it down a bit mate... lots of different sub-genres; dance, trance, techno, house, ambient, downtempo, breakbeat, big beat to name a few.

Groove Armada, Chemical Brothers and Propellerheads are some good ones to kick you off.

I just got my hands on foals new album, its fairly win, going to see them next month, double win.

Björk's Wanderlust promo that is going around is really really good, I'm usally not fond of remixes but I'm loving it. If anybody wants it just send me a pm.

Wanderlust better get a proper physical release instead of all this deluxe vinyl/cd/dvd stuff, at £20 each they are just too expensive...

It seems I will definately need to buy the 3 disc version of Volta when it comes out now, poor wallet :(

Björk's Wanderlust promo that is going around is really really good, I'm usally not fond of remixes but I'm loving it. If anybody wants it just send me a pm.

Wanderlust better get a proper physical release instead of all this deluxe vinyl/cd/dvd stuff, at £20 each they are just too expensive...

It seems I will definately need to buy the 3 disc version of Volta when it comes out now, poor wallet :(

I'm PM'ing you for that in a minute. :)

I kinda like the idea of the deluxe releases, it makes it special. But I'll only get one, and I want Wanderlust of all the singles.

I wish she'd done normal singles :(. One time I want Bjork to be normal!

I just can't justify spending that amount when I've not even got a record player, sure I want it so much and yeah you are right it does make it special but I would prefer if she had done both normal and deluxe releases.

I've got a record player. :D

But that being said, about 99% of the time I listen to music on my Mac or on my iPod. So i'm glad a Cd is included.

-----------

I bought Sia's new album today.

Sia - Day Too Soon

I also got CD1 and CD2 of It's Oh So Quiet by Bjork for a fiver at Oxfam. Pretty good.

After watching the video Paj linked in the Music Video thread, and watching "It's Oh So Quiet" again, I'm finding myself wanting a bit of Bjork. If I was to pick up one of her albums, which should it be?

--

On another note, I've got Coolness addicted to the Rogue Traders, hehe. I wish my Ipod would scrobble with last.fm, but it just doesn't anymore. Damn them.

You could get the greatest hits but it is missing quite a few tracks that I personally like and it only goes up to Vespertine (which isn't its fault but you what I mean). It does not include It's Oh So Quiet btw...

I would start with Debut and then work your way up but that option is expensive. I can't really say because I bought them all at the same time and I'm finding it to hard to say which one I like best or better than others.

It's Oh So Quiet isn't exactly truely representative of Bjork, that's why I think it was left out of the Greatest hits.

You'll have to narrow it down a bit mate... lots of different sub-genres; dance, trance, techno, house, ambient, downtempo, breakbeat, big beat to name a few.

Anything really, I like pretty much all of what you mentioned above, but in particular ambient/trance.

Groove Armada, Chemical Brothers and Propellerheads are some good ones to kick you off.

Thank you (Y) Almost bought a Chemical Brothers record in town today but I decided I had spent enough =/

Saw Simian Mobile Disco and The Whip last night, followed by a Claude Von Stroke DJ set. Perfect end to a 2 day bender/ birthday party rock out from Thursday night.

Aesthetically, I'd love to buy records but it's just not viable for me. maybe I'll have an early mid life and buy a fuck load after uni.

After watching the video Paj linked in the Music Video thread, and watching "It's Oh So Quiet" again, I'm finding myself wanting a bit of Bjork. If I was to pick up one of her albums, which should it be?

--

On another note, I've got Coolness addicted to the Rogue Traders, hehe. I wish my Ipod would scrobble with last.fm, but it just doesn't anymore. Damn them.

I got the first 2, Debut and Post. Debut is one of her weaker efforts, but it was her first, and it's very ninetie's. It's still awesome though, and contains Violently Happy, one of my fave B songs.

Post is just amazing. It's Oh So Quiet IS NOT Bjork. It's Oh So Quiet is the worst song on the album. It is a joke song.

Homogenic, Vespertine and Medulla are a trilog of masterpieces. Words cannot do them justice. (Pagan poetry is on Vespertine)

Volta, her latest is very much a starting from scratch, and it has a loose, un0unified feel, unlike the last 3 masterpieces. It's got some good tracks on it, but it's her worst album. However, it's very much a start of a new era, as Debut was worse than the albums that followed, better albums than Volta will surely follow.

I suggets just going in chronological order. Since the first 2 are more mainstream, if you find yourself hating the alternative stuff, you can jump off there.

:smile:

This seems to have become more the Bjork thread than the music thread. :p