NEurope

My friend said to me yesterday that Resistance is "Muse's OK Computer". A slight shift in sound, but brilliant. This would make the next album Kid A :o

My friend said to me yesterday that Resistance is "Muse's OK Computer". A slight shift in sound, but brilliant. This would make the next album Kid A :o

hahaahahahaahahahaahahahaha

There's absolutely no point or advantage to comparing Muse to Radiohead... the only similarity is that both Matt Bellamy and Thom Yorke sing in Falsetto, that's it really, in terms of quality there shouldn't be a comparison.

I still love both but if we are going to compare them then Radiohead have produced more quality albums on the whole Imo so... ::shrug:

Edited by S.C.G

Not in terms of style or quality, just in terms of the musical direction, in that expect the next album to be almost unrecogniseable compared to Showbiz/OoS in the same way Kid A and Pablo Honey have so little in common.

Not in terms of style or quality, just in terms of the musical direction, in that expect the next album to be almost unrecogniseable compared to Showbiz/OoS in the same way Kid A and Pablo Honey have so little in common.

But loads of bands change their style between albums - why compare them to Radiohead?

Because the friend who mentioned it to me happens to be a massive Radiohead fan? I don't know.

Now that I can understand. :)

I can't explain how much I love, love, love, love Ys.

"The talk in town has become downright sickening!"

The lyrics make me feel like I'm living on a farm in a timeless time, where all light is slightly orange.

YS is great.

---

Yeah, most decent bands/albums change between albums. Or they'd become stagnant, and therefore be shit.

---

Also, Tori Amos releases a new album in November called Midwinter Graces. It's being very loosely called a "christmas album". In the sense it's all wintery and clasical with some reworkingso f ancient carols or something.

Edited by Paj!

Right lets stop comparing Muse and Radiohead MUSE - Rock, PIB, SS

Radiohead much slower style. Lets compare Radiohead and ACDC yeah they are similar lol

Right lets stop comparing Muse and Radiohead MUSE - Rock, PIB, SS

Radiohead much slower style. Lets compare Radiohead and ACDC yeah they are similar lol

Paranoid Android says Hi.

There's quite a bit of variation with Radiohead. Idioteque is pretty strange considering what came before it. Muse have their slow songs too. It's not all Plug in Baby.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Paranoid Android says Hi.

There's quite a bit of variation with Radiohead. Idioteque is pretty strange considering what came before it. Muse have their slow songs too. It's not all Plug in Baby.

Name me a quick radiohead song

15 Step.

- wait for the interlude

- wait for it to kick in.

These are the ones I've picked off from the top of my head. They might not all be "ohmygodthisisasfastasstockholmsyndromemykidneysaregoingtofalloutofmyarse" fast, but they're still pretty upbeat. There's many others out there.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Anyone can play Guitar - 3.37

I just listened to exogenesis and I HAVE GOOSEBUMPS That is the sign of an incredible song, only happened with this Meat Loaf and November rain.

I just listened to exogenesis and I HAVE GOOSEBUMPS That is the sign of an incredible song, only happened with this Meat Loaf and November rain.

Did you just miss the posts above you, or are you purposely ignoring them?

Did you just miss the posts above you, or are you purposely ignoring them?

Nah it means not really right time to listen after THAT song. Out of interest has this thing been done before? Excluding November rain and Meat Loaf

if you mean a multi part song/ piece

yes

Mogwai and Explosions In The Sky have done entire albums of it. And they're both far, far better than Muse.

if you mean a multi part song/ piece

yes

Mogwai and Explosions In The Sky have done entire albums of it. And they're both far, far better than Muse.

I would love a link- I thought thig Genre was Meat Loafs all on his own

Hell, even McFly have a multi-part song and a two part song (or a song and a sequel... a song on one album carries on the story from a song two albums previous). The Format do it quite well too, ending one album with the line "We all fall down" and starting the next with "Ashes to ashes" (ring-a-ring-a-roses if you're wondering) and one song says "I hate what I've become" and in another on another album it says "When I said "I hate what I've become" I lied, I hated who I was." So lots of artists do it, its not something Matt Bellamy crafted.

Prog-rock is a genre which frequently has multi-part songs I've been led to believe (don't listen to much prog-rock) and of course Arcade Fire.

In terms of goosebumps, this song always gives it me. I highly recommend you just close your eyes and listen, it works better that way.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I would love a link- I thought thig Genre was Meat Loafs all on his own

It's all on Spotify.

Tori Amos during her awful time in Y Kant Tori Read even had a bloody multi-part song; Etienne Trilogy (The Highlands - Skyeboat Song - Etienne) or whatever it was. [/trying not to reference her, but it was on topic]

Tori Amos during her awful time in Y Kant Tori Read even had a bloody multi-part song; Etienne Trilogy (The Highlands - Skyeboat Song - Etienne) or whatever it was. [/trying not to reference her, but it was on topic]

For what it was, Y Kant Tori Read is hilariously entertaining though. Oh, and whilst I'm here, the Raspberry Swirl was basically the ADP tour version. Not my favourite but it was fun. Space Dog was to die for, and Icicle had John on an electric cello, it was beautiful.

Relistening to Two Suns by Bat For Lashes and I think I like it more. Moon & Moon caught my attention more, and Daniel was nice to hear in context with the other songs.

Cruel Intentions feat. Beth Ditto has been in my head all day. Check it out! She sounds like Roisin Murphy at points during the song.

Icicle and Space Dog are two of my favourite songs. Ever, not just be her.