NEurope

I've heard Muse are releasing a new album. Is this true?! I can't find any info or impressions anywhere.

I rarely post in here, but the Music Warz has made me realise that enough people do not appreciate the Foo Fighters here.

It's also on the X-Files Movie soundtrack, which is pretty sweet. I love this song, and could happily sleep listening to eet, as it is so soothing. I can play it pretty decently on guitar, and that little rake of notes at the beginning is my favourite part. Its so satisfying. :)

Dammit, video embedding is disabled in that video. :(

*Deep intake of breath.*

I prefer the album version; I think that version's pretty naff. Either way, it's the weakest song on TCATS imo.

Fair enough... I can only hope that they try harder next time to create something more 'original' rather than just 'enjoyable'.

[/Quote]

see- to me, original is enjoyable. Nothing worse than a band resting on their laurels and being dull. I don't see why so many people see the need to differentiate between the two. It's not snobbish to want high standards.

In the meantime I'm not too fussed, as I have plenty of other albums to listen to :smile: I've finished listening to Bjork's main discography which I was very impressed with on the whole; I've started obtaining some of her earlier works too such as Gling-Glo and the four Sugarcubes albums but I'm gonna take a 'break' from her now and listen to Avenged Sevenfold who I've always liked - even saw them live once - but never checked out their entire discography so I'm gonna start by Sounding the Seventh Trumpet today. :D

Good effort on Bjork. I think I may expand my collection one of these days.

*Deep intake of breath.*

I prefer the album version; I think that version's pretty naff. Either way, it's the weakest song on TCATS imo.

Really? I prefer that version, there just seems to be a lot more substance there. It's got more of a kick to it, in my opinion.

Hmm, you see, I actually love that song, and it's one of my top songs off the album. It's a great album, and I'm not sure myself which one I'd class as the weakest from it. Hmm.

Don't get me wrong, I do like that song quite a lot. It's a nice contrast to the energetic rock of most of the album. But it's stuck inbetween two songs that are more brilliant and it suffers a smidgen.

In all: it's a fantastic album and I love it to bits. :grin:

Don't get me wrong, I do like that song quite a lot. It's a nice contrast to the energetic rock of most of the album. But it's stuck inbetween two songs that are more brilliant and it suffers a smidgen.

In all: it's a fantastic album and I love it to bits. :grin:

It's not really in the best place on the album, and it may have been better being the last song on the album maybe? Or the one before Everlong. Hmm, possible.

Yeah, maybe it could have been before Everlong, maybe even before February Stars. I'm not sure about it being put at the end because it feels like that's the only place for New Way Home to have been put. :hmm:

Yeah, maybe it could have been before Everlong, maybe even before February Stars. I'm not sure about it being put at the end because it feels like that's the only place for New Way Home to have been put. :hmm:

It depends what sort of end you want for the album, I think. The rocky ending, or the soft ending. What we got was pretty awesome, so it's really just some small what-ifs or nitpicks. I do tend to listen to a lot of songs individually nowadays rather than albums, so it's not particularly an issue that means a lot to me at the moment.

I think this album will make muse massive

Because they're so incongruous at the moment, selling out stadiums every night.

---

Personal Jesus is such an amazing song. Tainted by how much it's covered. But it's great, so you would expect so.

Because they're so incongruous at the moment, selling out stadiums every night.

---

Personal Jesus is such an amazing song. Tainted by how much it's covered. But it's great, so you would expect so.

Haha at the first bit. :heh:

Brilliant song, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_Jesus#Cover_versions_and_samples

I think Johnny Cash's version could be my favourite cover of it. Now, do I like it more than the original, hmm. Very closer.

I sortof forgot how good it was for years (Marilyn Manson's is rubbish), until I heard a live solo cover by Tori Amos, which was so direct and forceful, and then I remembered how brilliant Depeche Mode's was.

I sortof forgot how good it was for years (Marilyn Manson's is rubbish), until I heard a live solo cover by Tori Amos, which was so direct and forceful, and then I remembered how brilliant Depeche Mode's was.

You know, I don't think the Marilyn Manson version is that awful. It's not particularly great, but I've definitely heard worse.

You know, I don't think the Marilyn Manson version is that awful. It's not particularly great, but I've definitely heard worse.

It adds nothing. It just makes it "Darrrrrker and scarierrrrr! ARGH!". Which is unnecesarry when the song itself and original delivery is so collected and sternl, getting the point across well.

It adds nothing. It just makes it "Darrrrrker and scarierrrrr! ARGH!". Which is unnecesarry when the song itself and original delivery is so collected and sternl, getting the point across well.

Yeah, it doesn't add that much, but it's just Marilyn's take on it. I'm not sure how to define his style, but he did the same thing with the cover of Tainted Love. The sorta "growly rock for teenagers." He's got his fans, and they like him for that, so this cover fits in well for that.

It won't be remembered like the Johnny Cash version, or the Tori Amos one. They put their own spin on it, and it's pretty different to what we had with the original. I'm not a huge fan of Manson cover, but I don't think it's too terrible.

I'm having such unbridled fun with a pitch changer, seeing what songs would sound like in a voice of the opposite gender.

Placebo didn't work, cause Brian Molko has too womanly a voice for there to be a decent "female" voice option.

Fact: Nickelback would be better with a raspy voiced woman as the singer.

Yeah, it doesn't add that much, but it's just Marilyn's take on it. I'm not sure how to define his style, but he did the same thing with the cover of Tainted Love. The sorta "growly rock for teenagers." He's got his fans, and they like him for that, so this cover fits in well for that.

If he continues to ask like a bellend like he did at download he won't have much fans left.

Tainted love was a good song for him to do, if you ignore the cheesy video that went with it, he didn't particularly make it darker in my view but his voice suited it well.

Exogenesis is actuall world class, best track of 21 st century actually

Have you ever thought of taking on being a stand-up comedian Stuwii? I think you'd do rather well because you're clearly 'aving a giraaaaaafe!' right there... :heh:

-------------------------------------------

Flinkeh! I agree with you on Walking After You I was listening to it on the way back from work and when hearing it in context with the rest of the album it's an excellent track. :)

---------------------------------

Dan! thanks, I found Bjork to be really enjoyable on the whole, many of her albums are truly excellent electronica and well worth giving a go, so enjoy if / when you decide to give her a listen; I'm glad I did. :D

---------------------------------------------------------------

So many CD's still to listen to :o *head explodes* I will get through them all though, despite ordering yet another today >.> Friendly Fires it was in the sale so I figured time to give them a proper listen. :smile:

Exogenesis is actuall world class, best track of 21 st century actually

Until Muse release another track of course.

Seriously though, Muse are not anywhere near what they were. The drop in quality of their albums over the years is reminiscent (to me at least, having listened to both extensively) of what happened to Pink Floyd in the 1980s and even then, Pink Floyd lost their main songwriter/visionary.

I don't have a problem with you liking Muse, but will you stop proclaiming every single new track you hear by them as the culmination of mankind's artistic genius because it is incredibly tiresome.

see- to me, original is enjoyable. Nothing worse than a band resting on their laurels and being dull. I don't see why so many people see the need to differentiate between the two. It's not snobbish to want high standards.

See this is what I don't get. If anything they have tried something original here instead of going down the same beaten path. Whacking the three part symphony on at the end was a risk that I reckon has paid off but it certainly isn't something they've done before. They've managed to make an album that is still Muse-y, but is definitely more experimental than anything else they've produced, and it works.

Seeing as the past 4 weeks or so have been non-stop Muse action, I see no harm in mentioning the fire-haired songstress.

Just got back from the Hammersmith Apollo seeing her and fuck me, I'm incapacitated by the incredibleness of it all.

Give

Caught A Lite Sneeze

Cornflake Girl

Flavor

Space Dog

Pancake

Icicle

Carbon

Concertina

Jamaica Inn

Lizard Lounge

Cooling

Winter

(band returns)

Lady In Blue

Bliss

Talula

Precious Things

Strong Black Vine

Encore

Raspberry Swirl

Big Wheel

I think the encore's were a little lacklustre but she made up for it by messing up Big Wheel and doing this improv on not being able to count, twice. It was fantastic. I need bootlegs, now.

Seeing as the past 4 weeks or so have been non-stop Muse action, I see no harm in mentioning the fire-haired songstress.

Just got back from the Hammersmith Apollo seeing her and fuck me, I'm incapacitated by the incredibleness of it all.

Give

Caught A Lite Sneeze

Cornflake Girl

Flavor

Space Dog

Pancake

Icicle

Carbon

Concertina

Jamaica Inn

Lizard Lounge

Cooling

Winter

(band returns)

Lady In Blue

Bliss

Talula

Precious Things

Strong Black Vine

Encore

Raspberry Swirl

Big Wheel

I think the encore's were a little lacklustre but she made up for it by messing up Big Wheel and doing this improv on not being able to count, twice. It was fantastic. I need bootlegs, now.

I way prefer your setlist. / I just love Talula, but am also glad we got Horses and you didn't nyah! (my fave)

The encores for us were like "...", just cause CALS should be awesome, and wasn't, and she must be sick to death of Big Wheel by now...

How was Raspberry Swirl? Was it in the same form as Unplugged/ADP tour or what?