NEurope

Well that's me signed up as a premium user when I get an iPhone. Access to the high bitrate option as well, what's to lose.

So three more CD's arrived today...

MUSE - HAARP

Joanna Newsom - YS

And for some reason I have ended up with TWO copies of From The Choirgirl Hotel by Tori Amos so if anyone wants the spare copy and is prepared to pay postage for it then PM me and it's yours. :)

Joanna Newsom - YS

Fuck!

And for some reason I have ended up with TWO copies of From The Choirgirl Hotel by Tori Amos so if anyone wants the spare copy and is prepared to pay postage for it then PM me and it's yours. :)

No one'll take you up on the offer I don't think, but they should, cause it's probably her most accessible GREATOMG!! album.

No one'll take you up on the offer I don't think, but they should, cause it's probably her most accessible GREATOMG!! album.

They'd better... otherwise I'll do something I normally never do and use the case as a coaster ;) a rather lovely coaster mind you but I'd much rather someone actually got some enjoyment out of it. :p

It has some of the best album art I've ever encountered. Booklet wise, it's on par with Kid A for me.

So I'd put it on the wall if I were you. But a coaster works too!

It has some of the best album art I've ever encountered. Booklet wise, it's on par with Kid A for me.

So I'd put it on the wall if I were you. But a coaster works too!

I agree, both of those albums have excellent artwork... so coaster it is until / unless someone requests it from me. :)

-----------------------------

Fuck! just when I was about to hold off buying any more CD's Play have a £5 and under Bank Holiday Sale... I'm too weak dammit! ;_;

Ladyhawke - Ladyhawke

Bat For Lashes - Fur And Gold, Two Suns

Ok so Two Suns wasn't in the offer but meh... >.> *curse my damn weakness*

So three more CD's arrived today...

MUSE - HAARP

Joanna Newsom - YS

MUSE HAARP is a good live album. Hysteria and SS are iffy but the rest is pretty well recorded

MUSE HAARP is a good live album. Hysteria and SS are iffy but the rest is pretty well recorded

Nice to hear, I look forward to giving it a listen soon, I may watch the DVD of the performance first though. :)

Nice to hear, I look forward to giving it a listen soon, I may watch the DVD of the performance first though. :)

DVD ON CINEMA SURROUND absolutely brilliant. Invincible should be played first

Yay, you bought Ladyhawke. Well done SCG. :D That means I need to live up to my end of the bargain and go and buy Little Boots. Damn you *shakes fist* Might be heading out later for foods so perhaps I'll pick it up then.

dixie-chicks-black-handmarks.jpg

I'll make my bed, and I'll sleep like a baby

With no regrets, and I don't mind saying:

It's a sad, sad story when a mother will teach her daughter

That she oughta hate a perfect stranger,

And how in the world did the words that I said

Send somebody so over the edge that they'd write me a letter

Saying that I better

Shut up and sing

Or my life would be over?!

Yay, you bought Ladyhawke. Well done SCG. :D That means I need to live up to my end of the bargain and go and buy Little Boots. Damn you *shakes fist* Might be heading out later for foods so perhaps I'll pick it up then.

I think Ladyhawke is way better/more enjoyable than Little Boots tbh.

Little Boots was underwhelming after the hype, with it having a couple of good tracks in amongst a lot of forgettable stuff.

Symmetry is the best.

I think Ladyhawke is way better/more enjoyable than Little Boots tbh.

Little Boots was underwhelming after the hype, with it having a couple of good tracks in amongst a lot of forgettable stuff.

Symmetry is the best.

Gotta say, I enoyed Little Bootd a lot more than that but it's just splitting hairs tbh, doesn't matter that much, La Roux, Little Boots, Ladyhawke - the three LLL's! - they are all good and very enjoyable but still after a good few listens not as amazing as other artists, even though as albums they are fantastic for what they are. :)

Yes I'm aware as part of that statement I'm pre-empting what Ladyhawke is like but I can kinda guess and as long as it's enjoyable Idm... :heh:

Gotta say, I enoyed Little Bootd a lot more than that but it's just splitting hairs tbh, doesn't matter that much, La Roux, Little Boots, Ladyhawke - the three LLL's! - they are all good and very enjoyable but still after a good few listens not as amazing as other artists, even though as albums they are fantastic for what they are. :)

Yes I'm aware as part of that statement I'm pre-empting what Ladyhawke is like but I can kinda guess and as long as it's enjoyable Idm... :heh:

Don't worry about those, go buy that Goo Goo Dolls album :heh:

Speaking of La Roux, does anyone happen to know the remix of 'Going in for the kill' (or whatever its actually called) that was used in the Reading Festival BBC Three spot featuring (I think) Zane Lowe (or the other one, I always get the DJ and the curly haired guy mixed up) jumping on a big 'on' button? Sounded good.

I do have a CD that should win the 'best album booklet' award. Will take photos when I get over my laziness.

So...apparently, Oasis have split up.

http://www.oasisinet.com/NewsArticle.aspx?n=773

A STATEMENT FROM NOEL

28 August 2009

"It's with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis tonight. People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer.

"Apologies to all the people who bought tickets for the shows in Paris, Konstanz and Milan."

They weren't exactly my cup of tea but they made a fair number of songs I rather liked, Live Forever, Don't Look Back In Anger and Acquiesce to name a few.

Oh, well...

They'll be back together within the next few years. Sibling fights always happen.

Just thinking that. It's always the case.

If they're not back together in 5 years, then...it was one hell of a sibling fall-out. ::shrug:

Or they're using it as a reason. They have such a 'hot-head' image that I don't think they could just say "we got bored and gave up".

CD's that arrived today...

Bjork - Gudmundsdottir & Telegram

Argh! so much to listen to! :o - including all the CD's I've ordered recently - not that I'm complaining of course, I'll get through it all eventually and hopefulyl love every minute of it. :D

I love you getting Telegram, when it's hardly an essential. Though it's lovely.