N-Europe

The Godfather: Blackhand Edition review

david.dakota

I thought the PS2 version was quite good, but very easy and no replay value. I wont get this because its bound to be the same game. However, if you didnt play the PS2 version (did it come out on xbox?) then id recommend it to everyone.

The biggest problem with it is re-used interiours, streets, cars and people.

I thought the PS2 version was quite good, but very easy and no replay value. I wont get this because its bound to be the same game. However, if you didnt play the PS2 version (did it come out on xbox?) then id recommend it to everyone.

The biggest problem with it is re-used interiours, streets, cars and people.

yeah they said about that in the yahoo games review, that because it all looks so similar, you have to use the map to find your way around. I think I will get it as never did play it, thought bout buying it on xbox before (which yes it did appear on)

consistenytly scoring 8 and 80's, while the game is mostly a port and with minimal graphical upgrades just goes to show how fun the game's controls must be.

i think it might just be the first game i get after my launch games of zelda and wii sports, so good stuff.

well a lot of people myself included were expecting both 1up and gamespot to slate this, but that wasn't the case, 1up gave it 7/10 and gamespot gave it 7.6, so its now averaging 78%, seems the controls just makes it so good, bodes well for when EA starts to deliver us Wii specific titles rather than PS2 ports...

wow.. Played it for 30mins. A LOT more fun than the 360 version which I had and sold. I give it my seal of approval. Think I'm gonna buy it ^^. First game I want more on Wii than 360. Great animations and character models, but otherwise a ps2 looking game.

wow.. Played it for 30mins. A LOT more fun than the 360 version which I had and sold. I give it my seal of approval. Think I'm gonna buy it ^^. First game I want more on Wii than 360. Great animations and character models, but otherwise a ps2 looking game.

Couldn't agree more. Exclude the character models...the game could be for the PSP/PS2. However, this (in my opinion) doesn't effect the great gameplay and superb controls at all and overall, the game doesn't look 'too' shabby.

Well worth a purchase. Good one EA.

Yes, this game has just come out today as well as the PS3. I know which one i'll be purchasing, bringing my total of games up to seven with two controllers and it still all costs less than a PS3 with no game and only one controller.

Wii with 7 games and two Wiimotes = $1110.

PS3 with no games and one controller = $1199

(NZD pricing)

the graphics look pants, the game was pants on the ps2 and this blatently follows the same storyline as the ps2 version, with a few added 'samey' side quests and average use of the wiimote... ea are just trynna cash in, game looks turd... avoid

that scarface game could be good tho, if its converted to the wii... i hear its a pretty underrated and suprisingly decent game

Yeah, everyone says the game is good, but if you say so. :indeed:

Ok, ok, I know, everyone has his opinion I was just kiddin.

Play.com. £29.99.

I can't remember the last time I bought a game from HMV. Wait, yes I can. Never. Their prices for games can only be described as daylight robbery. Better make that daylight rape.

Shop around, you'll always find a more than decent price for games. :)

• 2 months later...

I encoutered a bug in this game, that causes me to have already 103% of Hit Missions completed....

Anyone else noticed this? I completed the Sergeant Ferriera Hit Missions 3 times, because apparently, before you go on to the next normal game mission you can do this due to a bug. After you complete the last Hit Mission of the Sgt Ferriera group of missions, if you go to the Tattaglia Funeral House in Midtown you will encounter Sgt Ferriera alive and well. And if you speak to him he will act as if he never met you and give you the mission to push the Chicago mobster from his balcony all over again. Complete that and you will start the cycle again. Then after you kill the Sgt again, you can find him again in the same spot, by the Funeral House in Midtown.

Except every time you do the same hit missions again, the percentage counter doesn't reset itself, it just keeps counting thus giving the player above 100% completion of the hit missions.

I have done this, like I said I have 103% hit missions at the moment and I still have hit missions to complete and this bug has not affected my game so far, at least not in a negative way. I have moved on, completed normal missions after that and other hit missions since and the game allows me to progress so it's not a game-killer loop.

Just thought I'd share.