N-Europe

Reggie takes on Phil Harrison (kicks ass, takes name)

Ice9

If i'm annoying anyone (And I assume I am :heh: ) i'll totally cut down on anything that could be considered bashing :)

I think it's the way you say some things tbh. Do you see how 'Personally i'd much rather see superior, original content to games I already own.

But each to their own.' comes across? It sounds like less of an opinion and more like a sarcastic comment.

I have no problem with someone saying they don't like the Wii and don't like the games/VC/Controller whatever, but sometimes it just sounds like your just having a go.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bard, that may be true, but you have to switch cartridges on the original consoles. On the Wii you can have as many games as the memory can hold at your fingertips, and switch between them in around ten seconds.

Of course there's the counter argument that actually having a physical copy of the game is always superior to having just a virtual copy, one that you can't really display, boast about or treasure. It's despensible because you can always download it again, which to me, takes the magic away a little.

Of course there's the counter argument that actually having a physical copy of the game is always superior to having just a virtual copy, one that you can't really diplay, boast about or treasure. It's despensible because you can always download it again, which to me, takes the magic away a little.

Agreed. It's not all that different to having a ROM of the game, to be honest. I much prefer catridges or the original copies of the game.

Of course there's the counter argument that actually having a physical copy of the game is always superior to having just a virtual copy, one that you can't really display, boast about or treasure. It's despensible because you can always download it again, which to me, takes the magic away a little.

Nice point there. But with ROMs on the Wii, there is no risk of the game breaking or becoming unuseable. I do admit that I like owning the actual game, but with NES and SNES games it is incredibly hard to do so for me, having never actually owned the consoles. The Virtual Console provides me with the chance to play rare or now expensive games that I never got the chance to play in previous years. I own a N64 but that's for backup, any games that don't come to the Virtual Console.

Nice point there. But with ROMs on the Wii, there is no risk of the game breaking or becoming unuseable. I do admit that I like owning the actual game, but with NES and SNES games it is incredibly hard to do so for me, having never actually owned the consoles. The Virtual Console provides me with the chance to play rare or now expensive games that I never got the chance to play in previous years. I own a N64 but that's for backup, any games that don't come to the Virtual Console.

The one thing I love about the VC is that you can play the games you loved as a kid. I've already got Golden Axe on the megadrive, but it's at home packed away, so I downloaded it on the VC. It's just great to have it there, like a library of games.

Yeah, I agree, of course there are both Pro's and Con's to the virtual console and both points are equally valid. It's a useful thing to have if you ever get the urge to try something you've been wanting to for ages or to revisit an old game that you've misplaced or that broke. I just wish that it'd be a little cheaper since all it is, is basically a rom, and Nintendo is providing this system so that we can get old games legally rather than just download ROMS, it's just that we'll it's not great value for money.

The one thing I love about the VC is that you can play the games you loved as a kid. I've already got Golden Axe on the megadrive, but it's at home packed away, so I downloaded it on the VC. It's just great to have it there, like a library of games.

It also gives you the chance to play games from consoles you wouldn't have given a second glance to aswell, e.g. TurboGrafx.

Personally I hope that Nintendo will offer certain games as free downloads at Christmas or other holidays.

ZeldaFreak: Shut up.

Why touch up the Virtual Console games? Many people want to play them how they were originally meant to be played.

I am talking about the 64 games could do with a bit of bolish and smooth the edges of characters,etc.

But 60Hz for them, I don't know any tvs that don't support 60Hz in the UK.

They could of done that though. Essentially the stuff on VC I could get on the web for free - so whats the point of me paying over te top if they offer nothing new.

I am talking about the 64 games could do with a bit of bolish and smooth the edges of characters,etc.

But 60Hz for them, I don't know any tvs that don't support 60Hz in the UK.

They could of done that though. Essentially the stuff on VC I could get on the web for free - so whats the point of me paying over te top if they offer nothing new.

If you don't want it, don't pay for it.

Thing is, there are some games with bad framerates, or games that could have had better framerates. Games like Perfect Dark in multiplayer. Lots of slowdown, but that's because Rare actually pushed the system to the max. Probably the best use of a console we'll ever see.

I'm not sure touching up the graphics would be a good thing. You wouldn't really be playing the exact same game then, as such. Improving the framerate would be alright though, as it would just make things more playable and smoother. Although, I guess that would be altering what we have played in the past, so who knows.

From IGN's Craig Blog:

Well, it’s official: at an intimate cocktail reception held by Nintendo last night, Casamassina had his ass kicked and name taken by Nintendo ass-kicker Reggie Fils-Aime on the virtual courts of Wii Tennis.

To be fair, I went up against Reggie prior to Matt’s challenge without the photo documentation. With a Wii Remote in one hand and a glass of Chardonnay in the other, Reggie took me down three games to zip. The man’s good at Wii Tennis -- he clearly knows the product he’s pimping, taking down every single one of the dozen or so comers. Though we can unofficially blame the flowing booze for our inability to hold our own against the Nintendo personality, in reality Reggie clearly isn’t all talk. He really does kick ass and take names and made more than a dozen professional gamers feel inadequate holding that Wii Remote.

VC is pretty good, but kinda overpriced. Some of the games on there I can find for about 2.50, and I end up paying 800 points.

Well, listen... It's a small price to pay to play the games on TV with a similar control pad as the ones some of us used back in the days. Playing those console based games on a PC on a keyboard just doesn't cut it.

And the old carts used to have problems when you tried to play them on the NES. Unless you owned the last version of the console.

Well, listen... It's a small price to pay to play the games on TV with a similar control pad as the ones some of us used back in the days. Playing those console based games on a PC on a keyboard just doesn't cut it.

And the old carts used to have problems when you tried to play them on the NES. Unless you owned the last version of the console.

You can get a joypad and just map the buttons onto it for the pc.

The Regginator, is sent from VH1 (or was it MTV productions?) to save Nintendo-fans from getting overly defensive from the others console-makers fans. He takes names and kicks butts. The present hasn't felt as good as it has now. High five to one who knows what movie tag I'm trying to parody.

You can get a joypad and just map the buttons onto it for the pc.

I know. But my PC monitor is smaller than the screen of my TV. So I have to play sitting very close to my PC. Not the way I used to play SNES games or even NES games at all. Thus you don't get the same retro-ish fix playing console games on the PC.

The VC seems to provide that same feeling pretty well. And that's why it's such a hit for many old school gamers.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!