NEurope
Stocka

Tales of Symphonia Official Thread

Hey guys, just letting you know you can pre order this from yes asia. Normal edition is about £25 while the collectors edition is just under 40 quid. This is for OVA 1. I would post links but I'm at uni and these pcs suck, and I wanna go home.

A lil side note, Yes asia is currently cheaper than play asia, and if I can remember correctly I think Yes asia pay your vat or something like that. Also the DVD's are region 2 so no need for a multi region dvd player if you don't have one just an nstc play back option.

[..]

And yeah the difference between limited editions in japan and normal editions, is normally always the box art. But you may also have additional photos / pictures inside the box. So just get the limited edition anyway.

Thanks for the reply, but the thing is, there are 2 different limited editions, and I was wondering if anyone knew the difference between them besides the boxart. They contain more extras than the regular edition, I can tell for sure. If I'm getting anything, it will be the LE, but the question is which one ;).

2 links to make clear which editions I'm talking about:

- [Collector's edition]

- ["Exphere" edition]

Edit:

Never mind ;). I'm just going to assume they're practically the same. I've ordered the collector's ed., I like the art better, even though Collette is far from my favourite character (actually, my least favourite to be exact). I should get the first pressing even. I've ordered a bunch of other stuff to go with it, while I was at it (all from Yesasia by the way), including, finally, Rhythm Tengoku.

blah blah blue blue.

I've ordered a bunch of other stuff to go with it, while I was at it (all from Yesasia by the way), including, finally, Rhythm Tengoku.

Which probably means you get a free Japanese mini. To tell the truth I can't see the difference between the two besides the boxes either. I mean both still give you the free booklet. So I don't know.

Which probably means you get a free Japanese mini. To tell the truth I can't see the difference between the two besides the boxes either. I mean both still give you the free booklet. So I don't know.

Well, you have to actually order it, to get it, fortunately I was already aware of this, so I chose a Pangya Golf gashapon.. In fact, after my order, I saw a Japanese movie which I also liked (Strawberry Shortcakes by the way), and it even had English subs (for a change). So I ordered that one, and another movie, so I'm getting 2 Pangya gashapon :D.

I started playing again, damn I'm ment to be revising for Maths, It'll suck my time up, but I can't stop!

I found out the difference between the collectors edition and the Exsphere edition. The differences are in the box art, disc art and special edition art work. Don't know anything beyond that much.

My order from Yesasia hasn't shipped yet, I expect it to ship on monday then. The other items are already ready for shipment, so it's only TOS that's holding up my order :D. Can't wait!

Just letting everyone know that the ova is available on youtube with chinese subs. Which will probably only be there for the next 48 hours. Oh and it kicks ass.

Thanks for the heads up. I dont speak Japanese or chinese but I watched the first 9 mins anyway, loved the opening music. Just need to wait for the english subs now for me to totally enjoy it.

:D I think Kratos totally kicks ass in this. And seeing Lloyd do a tiger blade was pretty cool. Yeah it would be better if there were english subs, I can only figure out the odd word or so myself. But since we've played the game we can get the gist of it. It seems they've changed the story a bit but I suppose you have to, to get it into 4 ova's.

Hey, yep thanks for the heads up on that! I just watched all four of them - it was reasonably understandable purely from having played the game. I only understood the odd word hither and thither though... like exsphere!

I just noticed on Youtube that you can watch the trailer with Spanish subs (or was it dubbed? I cant mind) so if they get it dubbed or subbed in Spanish then Ill rewatch it and understand more of it! :yay: (An English sub would still be the best I would hope for!)

thx, just about to watch it now ^^

edit: this is sweeeet loved to the fight scene. bit confusing tho marbel wasnt it in :(

I meant to mention that according to the tales forum on the namco tales mini site that an English sub has been done. I'll come back with the details once I find out who and where.

I meant to mention that according to the tales forum on the namco tales mini site that an English sub has been done. I'll come back with the details once I find out who and where.

That would be truly amazing!

I thought it would be nice if I could compile everything I've uncovered to do with the ova in a single post, and if there is ever enough info just in one weekly digest. As always Mods and anyone who wants to complain to a Mod change and remove things as need be.

Anyway English subs are infact available, although there seems to be some confusion as the subbers have subbed desians as Tethe'allans which is wrong, (really they are the renegades but Tethe'allans is not acceptible)

Direct link from megaupload:

here

If you would prefer a bit torrent link Pm me for that.

Desktop wallpapers were released earlier last week to celebrate the first volume of the ova and you can grab them from here

Sample shots:

TOS_A_s.jpg

TOS_B_s.jpg

There is also a special limited edition one of colette which involves signing up to some stupid mail newsletter which just isn't worth the time trying to sign up to.

TOS_C_s.jpg

Along side the release of the OVA is a CD which features vocal and instrumental versions of the opening and ending songs Almateria + Negai.

tos_cd_02.jpg

And it can be brought for just over £6 from yesasia here

Finally the next part in the OVA is due out on the 10th of August. Probably to make sure they get the maximum amount of sales out of the first part. (Why must they make me wait longer)

And I suppose thats it for today, probably this week, maybe even this month, so enjoy everyone I'm going to bed.

Edit:

So this morning I've found a few places that are now offering an English sub version without the mistakes that will confuse people.

Direct download from megaupload 2: English subs v2

Failing that another direct download from anikei which you will have to sign up for to get the download: English subs v2

Just watched the Anime, and omg it was awesome!

I really wanna bang Raine al over again lol.

I think Kratos looks a bit lanky..... and I just need someone to confirm this with me. Has Lloyd always had two hair tuffs at the back of his head, because I've always thought it to be one, but you can't really tell.

Can anyone help me out with something. I downloaded the OVA from the link that Ten10 gave us ( cheers ) but when I watch it all the talking/subs are out of sync, so I hear something then I read it like 10 seconds later.

Any help?

Hi Hero, I don't know what link you downloaded from but I've only watched the video from the first link so I don't know if the sub with the edited subtitles play ok. Another question is what media player are you using to watch it on. It opened with real player by default on my laptop and I didn't have any problems with that. Otherwise any info you could give us would help

Kratos looks so bloody cool. Love him :D

Also, Colette looks a little bit more desperate for Lloyd in this. In the opening scene shes gagging for him.

I really wish some of the OST made it into the OVA though, even remix or arranged versions. I love the way Kratos just goes into the temple and wastes most of the Renegades in there. Not that I haven't seen stuff like that before, but it was still cool.

Was just wondering, how many episodes have come out and been translated, and how often do new episodes come out?