NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

No third party games online until 2008

BWii will be out far before December. I expect it to be a summer title.

I don't know why you're so pessimistic about these release dates. There's no way Nintendo will smash all these titles in late Winter.

I'm not being pesimistic, and although the first BW title was ok, I would of preffered them just sticking to a normal stratergy game like their previous games in the series(famicom wars, advance wars, etc).

And most companies like to release their games at xmas

Yeah, but Nintendo has, unlike most comapnies, many guaranteed million sellers coming out this year. If they would release all their games on holiday season, they would just cannibalize each others sales. That's why you are going to see only 1-2 heavy hitters during christmas.

There's no way BWii will be out in December,and what's the point in Nintendo releasing liek 10 games around christmas,there's bound to be an online game before then.

As a game designer you should realise that you should not release your games together, because they will compete with each other. For example, if Nintendo releases Brawl and BWii at the same time, very few will buy BWii, and Nintendo will sell one million games of Brawl and 250k of BWii. If Nintendo releases BWii this summer, it will sell, say, 600k. Then Nintendo will release Brawl with Christmas, and sell another million totalling at 1.6 million. That's called sales strategy.

Ubisoft realised that when it was nearly too late - they moved half of their launch titles to later on in Decenber and January. (Well, apart from Blazing Angels, which for some odd reason was delayed even further).

It still doesn't online play Cube.

Edit: I'm not bothered about online titles on wii - seen as nintedno isn't using an account name like both 360 and ps3 I'm not even gonna touch online on this console.

It still doesn't online play Cube.

Edit: I'm not bothered about online titles on wii - seen as nintedno isn't using an account name like both 360 and ps3 I'm not even gonna touch online on this console.

Nobody knows anything about the online service.

Plus, look at the address book for example. You input the code, and then from then on it displays the name for whoever you have saved the code as. For example, most people have me down as either Jim or F_L or something.

It's like an email address in that respect.

Edit: I'm not bothered about online titles on wii

I'm not bothered either. But I still think the number is much better than the account name system on other consoles. At least on the Wii you can still call yourself whatever the hell you want.

If anyone's watched the pre-GDC 1upshow I found it really funny when they all laughed when somone said;

"What about the Wii's online games?"

I was actually laughing with them, it shows that Nintendo's efforts pale in comparison to the competition.

They really need to create a new service that can actually pull it's own weight, and friend-codes should be buried forever.

So I don't mind if we have to wait for something that's going to be intuitive and seriously backed unlike the DS's service.

Activision: Yes, we're making online-enabled games for Wii

During an interview with IGN, Activision implied that they would be the first third party company to bring online play to the Wii.

But will it be out this year?

Activision: Yes, we're making online-enabled games for Wii

During an interview with IGN, Activision implied that they would be the first third party company to bring online play to the Wii.

But will it be out this year?

Summer Shrek the Third Activision

Summer Transformers the Game Activision

not likely one of em. Cant think of any others. Hope they mean the BOND FPS they have been secretly developing

Well if they're gonna be first online it pretty much has to be this year with BWii,Strikers and Brawl.

Maybe they have a secret Tony Hawks in production for the Wii with Wi-fi and WiiConnect 24 cababilities :heh:

Sign in to follow this