NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

No third party games online until 2008

Ben Herman, president of SNK's American division has revealed that Nintendo is still not letting third party publishers include online functions in their respective games. Herman says it is unlikely that Nintendo will allow online functionality until the start of 2008.

source: http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/03/snks_us_branch_.html

Lets hope Nintendo doesn't spend this amount of time to give us an individual Friend code system.

Idiots...

Really pathetic at how long it's taking for 3rd parties.

I assumed Nintendo wanted alot of online games soon.

Ninty's cunning plan (combined with the Mii's thing) to make 3rd parties make sequels, and hence extending the Wii's lifespan?

have they not learned from gamecube? I know it's not a major deal yet but still this will decrese On-line support and third party. Third partis will be pissed if nintendo release many on-line games this year

Reggie said during Mercury News DICE interview, that online devkits have been seeded to 3rd parties. Somehow I tend do believe him more than SNK, company that isn't by any means first on Nintendo's priority list.

EDIT: Link below has podcast of the interview

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2007/02/audio_podcast_of_interview_reggie_fils-aime_posted.html

EDIT 2: The interview in text form.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2007/02/dice_interview_with_nintendo_of_america_president_reggie_fils-aime_.html

EDIT 3: So, once again. Lots of noise and stupid speculation for nothing. I would really like that people would do little bit research before posting everything they see at net.

How was SNK exactly planning to implement online into their retro collections? EA said that 3rd parties don't have online dev kits yet, but I'm hopeful that they'll get them in time to give us online by Xmas. And UbiSoft has been with the Wii the longest, so fingers crossed for Blazing Angels.

Spong...

And

There will be new arcade development, and the arcade development that was announced last year at the Tokyo Game Show, will include high-def content because unless you have a high-def product, you're not going to put out a PS3 of an Xbox 360 game

WTF?

If this is true at least Nintendo can spend that time giving us a worthwhile online infrastructure.

I'm sure that either BWii or Brawl will be out by the end of the year so maybe then Nintendo will have created a sturdy service and not the piece of crap that the DS has and Battle Revolution uses.

Yeah, if the delay is true, then they might be working on a proper interface. We might hear something of that Xfire deal, where they were in talks with a games company.

BWII and Mario Strikers are supposed to be out in the Summer.

I swear Mortal Kombat was online.

It got debunked as a rumour. It's out next month in all it's un-online-ness.

Blazing Angels is supposedly online. Although Nintendo has a track record in royally screwing up, I don't think SNK is telling the whole story here.

Why would SNK be bothered with an online game though?

I swear Mortal Kombat was online.

I am pretty sure that I had heard/read that somewhere too.

EDIT - just saw Tellyn's post

BWII and Mario Strikers are supposed to be out in the Summer.

We're meant to be playing Metroid Prime 3 right now and anticipating the approaching release of Mario Galaxy, but Nintendo never stick to the original dates do they?

We're meant to be playing Metroid Prime 3 right now and anticipating the approaching release of Mario Galaxy, but Nintendo never stick to the original dates do they?

Name me a developer that does.

Really, if you still believe that the release dates publishers/devvies mention on announcement actually are reality, you might as well believe in the tooth fairy.

When they announced that Mario Galaxy and Brawl weren't making the launch, it's a no-brainer they are going to wait until Christmas next year.

..with big profile nintendo releases, you usually have to add on at least a year/year and a half to the original release date given.. slightly lesser titles, 6 months..

..give or take :indeed:

Name me a developer that does.

you might as well believe in the tooth fairy.

Are you saying the tooth tairy doesnt exist???:red:

Why are tehy even trying to set up the Wii 24 connect?? they should get teh basics first and have online play widely availibel.

Wii connect 24 is officially the shittest thing of all time. My Wii just sits there doing nothing except overheating and wasting electricity.

Lets hope Reggie spoke the truth instead of the president of SNK. Online tools have been sent out apparently and other 3rd parties say they received them too late to use in development. I expect online 3rd party games to show up by the summer. I hope im right....

Wii connect 24 is officially the shittest thing of all time. My Wii just sits there doing nothing except overheating and wasting electricity.

You can turn it off you know.

Also, this isn't news. It's a developer's view. I'm more inclined to believe Reggie's comment that says they have released online devkits than this comment of a developer that never made an online game (correct me if wrong).

Sign in to follow this