NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

No third party games online until 2008

Yeah it does it says that the box art is different the one ubisoft has on their site is the real box art and any game to have online multiplayer needs to have the wifi logo.

So booyah.

Plus pokemon revolution was confirmed by Reggie as the first online multiplayer title in all regions.

Got a link for that? GoNintendo's article says nothing about the fake boxart. The only update since the original article is the description from UbiSoft's page.

oh get over it. there is no chance in hell that blazing angels will be on-line

NNGG

...NNGGGG

Sorry, I tried to care, but I really can't. Online gaming sucks so much ass that this news really doesn't faze me at all.

haha i have never tried console on-line gaming to be honest but the thing is it WILL be big. but if wii fails then it won't be because of that. The casual gamer doesn't want on-line gaming yet. it's still seeing as nerdy i feel

haha i have never tried console on-line gaming to be honest but the thing is it WILL be big. but if wii fails then it won't be because of that. The casual gamer doesn't want on-line gaming yet. it's still seeing as nerdy i feel

Nerdy?!

There is nothing nerdy about taking part in a strategic shooter and barking orders at your team-mates via a headset.

Yeah didn't I tell you on the previous page that Blazing Angels wouldn't be online.

Shut up you git, it hasn't been officially confirmed or debunked yet. Don't come out with 'lolz didn't i tell you' because you don't know for certain, you have no sources.

Ubisoft's official page on the game

Ubisoft say differently...

I love you.

Shut up you git, it hasn't been officially confirmed or debunked yet. Don't come out with 'lolz didn't i tell you' because you don't know for certain, you have no sources.

I love you.

*clears throats* All online multiplayer games must have the wi-fi logo on, because the official boxart does not have wifi logo on, it does not have online multiplayer.

Now if I go with your logic and say that it does have online. Don't you think Ubisoft would be hyping it up a bit, by saying that we were he first online game in Europe and the frist 3rd paty game.

Nerdy?!

There is nothing nerdy about taking part in a strategic shooter and barking orders at your team-mates via a headset.

i'm not suggesting it is nerdy it's just how tv etc protrays it.

Good points. But in my email to them last week, their response would have been no if it definitely didn't have online. Why keep it a secret?

Good points. But in my email to them last week, their response would have been no if it definitely didn't have online. Why keep it a secret?

Because thats how the industry goes - like sonic wii reviews in north america had embargos on till a day before its launch.

Plus the pr departments know practically nothing thats in any game - you just have to look at perrin kaplan to see that.

Nerdy?!

I'm not entirely sure if that's irony or not...

No offense to some of the people here, but it really seems like some Nintendo fans live in a little bubble of their own. "Nintendo doesn't have much online gaming so obviously people don't care about online gaming."

Sorry guys, but Xbox Live is huge and even when you have to pay for it the number of people playing online is massive. Worms is out on XBLA tomorrow - a great reason to start playing over Live even for casual gamers.

With the exception of the Wii, consoles and games are getting so expensive that there aren't very many "casual" gamers playing them. People really have to be into a hobby to spend the sorts of money a 360/PS3 + some games cost. Perhaps the casual gamers Nintendo are trying to attract don't really think about online features right away, but the serious gamers have played the competition and won't give the Wii the grassroots support it needs when the online service is practically nonexistent.

The VC doesn't count imo, no reason why Nintendo couldn't release Wii discs with a number of retro titles on them and box them up for stores. Much less convenient but online isn't the only way Nintendo could get these games to customers - whereas playing games against people on the other side of the world is a great reason for online functionality.

I know lots of gamers, serious and otherwise who never even consider playing games online. In my opinion, people on gaming message boards have a skewed perspective of how important online gaming is because there tends to be a much higher number of online gamers on internet forums. In real life, there are many people who have no desire to either play Call of Duty with someone in Norway or argue with him about HD graphics.

*clears throats* All online multiplayer games must have the wi-fi logo on, because the official boxart does not have wifi logo on, it does not have online multiplayer.
The official box art for pokemon trozei had the Wifi logo on, even down to the official box art sent to shops for cardboard promo displays. Box went on the shelves, no wi-fi logo. I wouldn't use official box art as gospel because it can change right up to release as they realise what needs to be added/altered (or even be shipped out by the thousand with glaring errors on it, like Red Steel)

Online gaming is important. I hope this terrible rumour turns out to be nothing but hot air. Online kits have been sent out, just get the service up and running already..

Blazing angels will not have online play!

"The good folks at Wii-UK were nice enough to shoot an email my way. They got in touch with their Ubi rep to discuss the possiblity of Blazing Angels online. Their rep confirmed that the title will not feature online multiplayer in any way. Looks like it’s time for IGN and others to update their info!"

source: http://www.wii-uk.net/phpnews/news.php?action=fullnews&showcomments=1&id=410

No offense to some of the people here, but it really seems like some Nintendo fans live in a little bubble of their own. "Nintendo doesn't have much online gaming so obviously people don't care about online gaming."

Sorry guys, but Xbox Live is huge and even when you have to pay for it the number of people playing online is massive. Worms is out on XBLA tomorrow - a great reason to start playing over Live even for casual gamers.

With the exception of the Wii, consoles and games are getting so expensive that there aren't very many "casual" gamers playing them. People really have to be into a hobby to spend the sorts of money a 360/PS3 + some games cost. Perhaps the casual gamers Nintendo are trying to attract don't really think about online features right away, but the serious gamers have played the competition and won't give the Wii the grassroots support it needs when the online service is practically nonexistent.

I think this last paragraph sums it up pretty well.

Don't get me wrong, online gaming is a good thing, but I'm not missing it. I played MK DS online for a good 10 games and then I got bored with it. I rarely ever play online, and I'm quite a serious gamer. Guess I'm not the type, and I get the feeling a lot of us are. It's typical for a Nintendo fan it seems.

I'm considering to give it another try with BWii, however.

Blazing angels will not have online play!

"The good folks at Wii-UK were nice enough to shoot an email my way. They got in touch with their Ubi rep to discuss the possiblity of Blazing Angels online. Their rep confirmed that the title will not feature online multiplayer in any way. Looks like it’s time for IGN and others to update their info!"

source: http://www.wii-uk.net/phpnews/news.php?action=fullnews&showcomments=1&id=410

ha!.............

Blazing angel will have online multiplayer.

the end

But Reggie confirmed that Pokemon BR will be the first online multiplayer game in NA on Gamehead. And Blazing Angels comes out before it, so I'm afraid to say it again. Blazing Angels won't be online.

We'll see in 24 days I'll come on here to find out how many people have bought it and then we'll see who is right

But Reggie confirmed that Pokemon BR will be the first online multiplayer game in NA on Gamehead. And Blazing Angels comes out before it, so I'm afraid to say it again. Blazing Angels won't be online.

It was also confirmed that Zelda was going to be a GameCube exclusive, and that it would not use the Remote in any way.

Things change over time. For all we know, PBR was originally supposed to be out in the US and here by now, and then would of been the first online Wii game.

I think this last paragraph sums it up pretty well.

Don't get me wrong, online gaming is a good thing, but I'm not missing it. I played MK DS online for a good 10 games and then I got bored with it. I rarely ever play online, and I'm quite a serious gamer. Guess I'm not the type, and I get the feeling a lot of us are. It's typical for a Nintendo fan it seems.

I'm considering to give it another try with BWii, however.

Does that "no online" feeling also includes playing against a friend in class via WiFi? Because I really don't use the DS WiFi a lot to play with distant people, but I surely play a lot against friends in the same room - because its fun.

I need online multiplayer because otherwise I can't play much games with people beside my girlfriend. Most of my gaming friends are at a different university and the rest is not so interested in gaming. So for me online is a vital functionality in a game.

It was also confirmed that Zelda was going to be a GameCube exclusive, and that it would not use the Remote in any way.

Things change over time. For all we know, PBR was originally supposed to be out in the US and here by now, and then would of been the first online Wii game.

No mate that would of been Brawl originally, PBR was always going to come out after diamond and pearl were releashed.

Anywho check this out.

62243.jpg

Edit: if you now go on the official uk ubisoft page for blazing angels the online feature comment thing has finally been removed.

Hoorah, now come on peeps who said it wouldn't be online.

Right all multiplayer games on the wii have to have the wi-fi logo on the box.

Where is it though?

Right all multiplayer games on the wii have to have the wi-fi logo on the box.

BA is indeed not online, but your reasoning is faulty. Yes, it has to have it on the box. That is not the box. It's a JPEG. As I've said, if you believe pre-release official boxart shots we'd be playing pokemon trozei online and most people wouldn't be able to play red steel. You put far to much sted in early boxart. The other mock up, complete with wi-fi logo, most probably came from ubisoft as well.

Hmmm, BlueStar its the official boxart though, and that previous box art was just a placeholder for the US version.

Seen as its less than a month away box arts hardly ever change though.

Plus it said nothing about online multiplayer being included in it on their website.

That is the boxart for BA for Europe, it doesn't matter if its JPEG or not its still the box art for it though.

Sign in to follow this