N-Europe

Am I crap at Wii Sports Tennis or its supposed to be like that?

Everblue

All these games were out within 4 months of the Cube launch, and they're all better than any Wii launch title, apart from maybe Zelda.

Here is what was out after 4 months in Japan:

Luigi's Mansion

Wave Race: Blue Storm

Pikmin

Dairantou Smash Brothers DX

Doubutsu no Mori +

After that, it took two months for Doubutsu Banchou (Animal Leader) come out. Two months later, you got Doshin the Giant and NBA Courtside. Then four months after NBA Courtisde, SMS was out. All this stuff in 12 months (4 + 2 + 2 + 4),

If you release console 232 days later in Europe than Japan, of course release list is going to look much better. Let's see what is out European Wii after 28.11.2007*, and then we can discuss about this again.

* 232 days + 120 days (4 months).

Well, that would be incredibly relevant, if we were in Japan, but we're not, so it isn't.

It is relevant because I just proved that TRUE first 12 months of Gamecube were pretty bad. Your selection was actually result of first 16 months of Cube's lifetime, so Wii is doing very well if compared to Cube. Would you have preferred that Nintendo wouldn't have done worldwide launch?

Im with Bard and Zell, the Wii doesnt have any good games yet (Zelda is a GameCube port) and it isnt currently worth wasting 180 pounds on if you hate the idea of Wii Sports like I do. I was spoiled rotten when I bought my first GameCube with Rogue Leader and Resident Evil for just 159.99! (Now when I played those games for the first time, I did say wow!!!!)

Wii owners are just treated to Ubisoft/EA tripe, while the 360 is getting all the decent games. I only tend to buy AAA titles aswell and dont just buy crap because its the only thing available. Unfortunately for me, I hate Microsoft.

So, if the Wii was released in April, with a better selecton of launch games, you wouldn't complain?

Sheesh, trying to use logic with person whose year is only 19 days long is pretty much pointless. But anyways.... here is how launch lineup would have actually looked if Wii would have been launched April in Europe*:

Call of Duty 3

Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2

Driver: Paraller Lines

Eledees

Excite Truck

Godfather: Blackhand Edition

Heatseeker

Kororinpa

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Mario Party 8

Medal of Honor: Vanguard

Mercury Meltdown

Madden 07

Metal Slug Anthology

Mortal Kombat Armageddon

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Red Steel

Sonic and the Secret Rings

SSX Blur

Super Paper Mario

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07

Trauma Center: Under the Knife

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves

Wii Play

And then we have actually people who can't grasp why EUR PS3's launch lineup looks so good....

* I'm only listing high profile titles

So, if the Wii was released in April, with a better selecton of launch games, you wouldn't complain?

Nah not really. It's not like it's doing anything. Infact, it's been sitting on it's ass since I completed Zelda. Actually, I'd love it if it had been released in April since I would have got it free for my birthday.

Here is what was out after 4 months in Japan:

Luigi's Mansion

Wave Race: Blue Storm

Pikmin

Dairantou Smash Brothers DX

[/i]

I'd take those 4 over just Zelda.

Nah not really. It's not like it's doing anything. Infact, it's been sitting on it's ass since I completed Zelda. Actually, I'd love it if it had been released in April since I would have got it free for my birthday.

Then why not simply wait?

I perfer it like this. At least so far I've been able to afford all the great titles (Zelda, Red Steel, Excite Truck and Sonic), although this month I'll have to miss out on some.

Actually, the angle of your shot does affect the shot. It can also detect the height that you hit the ball and you can even put spin on the ball!

Just hit it like a real racket but with the right timing, don't think of it as a remote control and the controls will work fine!

Actually, the angle of your shot does affect the shot. It can also detect the height that you hit the ball and you can even put spin on the ball!

Just hit it like a real racket but with the right timing, don't think of it as a remote control and the controls will work fine!

+3 respect points for reminding me what this thread was actually meant to be about!

Yeah, Wii Sports Tennis isn't 100% accurate but it's 99% pure undiliuted FUN. Great with friends!

Yeah, Wii Sports Tennis isn't 100% accurate but it's 99% pure undiliuted FUN. Great with friends!

Well, make it accurate, then the game will be as difficult as normal tennis. Which will take the fun away for a lot of people.

I was reading through this thread to see if anyone had said this already...

Wii Sports Tennis at first glance may seem REALLY simple, but when you learn how to slice the ball etc it becomes so much better!

The array of shots you can make is much more than what I initially thought there would be!